PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Transactions Before The Game With TENN

Status
Not open for further replies.
I sure hope they do because I'm worried about what Dion can/will do to our LBs.

It won’t be pretty. He will run around everywhere. Meanwhile, Patterson will run theirs over so it’s going to be a strange game

Regardless whether or not Ferguson has enough realistic developmental potential to make the Pats active roster at some point, I'm pretty sure that he was signed specifically to play the role of D. Lewis on the scout team for the #1s on the Pats defense to practice against this week.

Could Ken-yawn Barner not have performed those particular duties this week? Why bring into the building Yet Another "3rd-down" RB?

Could Ken-yawn Barner not have performed those particular duties this week? Why bring into the building Yet Another "3rd-down" RB?
Because once Rex comes back and Barner is cut, there is a risk Barner is signed somewhere and by bringing in Ferguson they have another backup plan to the old backup plan to the first backup's backup plan.:p

Redundancy is the navy way

The Titans have been targeting Lewis as a receiver this season about twice as frequently as the Pats ever did.

So, Ferguson's somewhat more frequent (and recent) usage as a receiver out of the backfield than Barner's is probably the difference.

- Barner (5 seasons): 21/34 tgts, 127 yds (Barner hasn't been targeted by Brady at all this season).
- Ferguson (2 seasons): 23/30, 152 yds

Ferguson is already gone. He’s been replaced with a WR from the Bucs practice squad. He was here about the same length as that highlights video someone posted.

Ferguson is already gone. He’s been replaced with a WR from the Bucs practice squad. He was here about the same length as that highlights video someone posted.

LOL! Yep, just came in from working and saw that. So much for THAT theory, anyway.

Sure has been a burst of transaction activity. None in week-7, none in week-8, one in week-9. Now, suddenly, 12 transactions in week-10. Getting ducks in a row for the BYE week, maybe?

Anyway, the Paterson kid who replaced Ferguson seems like possibly an acquisition for the Futures Contract list. The Pats often start positioning those guys on the Psquad about now.

Yeah that could keep him unemployed, but how much experience do you need to make these STs?
I agree, and not having STs experience would certainly not be a deal-breaker for me to sign him, though it would obviously be nice if he had some.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back