PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Training Camp: Joint Practices with Detroit week thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tough break for a former Patriot.

Overall I liked what I heard in this joint practice. I this team really needs some help at WR and that will probably need to come from Meyers and Harry. I think Harry in particular needs to string together some good practices in a row.

Sometimes going against lower competition is important for a player. It allows them to slow everything down just a hair and get in a rhythm. It's my hope this time allows him to really get some consistency.

Glad to read that the rookie receivers had a good practice today. Also nice to hear there were no injuries!!

Good information, keep it coming.

Phil Perry - another joke.

"Trey Flowers is fresh off signing a massive contract in Detroit — one the Patriots simply would never approach — and could be looking to show his former team they made a mistake letting him go. Will that mean long days for Wynn? Marcus Cannon? Dan Skipper? We’ll have a close eye on Flowers throughout the week, especially if he’s aligned across from Wynn."

How can reporting be so bad?

It could be that he’s expected back from pup during these joint practices?

I’ll post later on break about Meyers from an analytical perspective. Fortunately he has way more positive aspects than Thompkins in that regard.
Here's the thing about Meyers that I'd be worried about. He sounds like a guy who might be able to thrive against zone coverages, but struggle greatly vs good man coverages.

So with DThomas, and JGordon sitting in the wings, he's a nice camp story.

Yeah, thanks to all for the info. Possibly some of the guys will show up better against another teams players. Judging from what we have heard a decent start

All these tweet/updates, just make it feel more real (like football is just around the corner).

Be interesting to see what our D does, I look forward to that the most...probably because we won't see the full offense. the best thing about vanilla/non game plan is seeing how the individuals do with matchups.

Maybe I missed the post but was WR Thomas suited up and taking part in the sessions ?

If Bill likes what he sees from Loins backup LG/T Joe Dahl during the week, I wouldn't mind if he offered Quinn a day 3 pick or swap of picks for him...or for OT Tyrell Crosby, his loss vs Winovich during one snap notwithstanding.

Mo Harris was quiet today.

The difference between your take and my take is I'm very conservatively not putting Edelman on my 53 until he's actually on the active roster. I know he'll in all likelihood be there week 1 though and your 5 are the ones I'd pick with Edelman available. In that case it wouldn't be a hard decision at all.

Good point. We don't know if it might linger.

Here's the thing about Meyers that I'd be worried about. He sounds like a guy who might be able to thrive against zone coverages, but struggle greatly vs good man coverages.

This is fine though, because if you put him on the field with a couple guys who can beat man coverage, the Patriots offense will have options. Alternatively, He is a guy who can compete for those 50-50 balls.

I might be getting cut with this guy in town: :(

Gordon is not sitting in the wings. If everything goes exactly as it has in the past with Goodell then Josh will wait another about 55-57 days until he gets news about a potential reinstatement and if that comes back in his favor in all likelihood he will still be suspended a couple more weeks.

Also Meyers looks like the ideal understudy to take over the swiss army knife role that Dorsett has had the last two years. If anything I'd be more worried for Harris in the context of DT and JG.

Now Meyers obviously has still a hard road in front of him but so far he has pretty much nailed camp.

I just read Thomas did not take part. I thought I read somewhere he was at least running......must be all this excitement is too much for me.:(:(

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back