PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Training Camp: Joint Practices with Detroit week thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
So is DT close??

Good news on Thomas

Good news on Thomas
Very. Did not expect him to make the trip. In fact : would have been on my short list if asked to predict who didn’t go to Detroit..

These practices should be good. The Lions have a great WR group.

I can't remember, have the Patriots had joint practices before with a team coached by a former assistant? Any joint sessions with the O'Brien Texans or Vrabel Titans? I imagine these are going to be very productive sessions, given how well Belichick and Patricia work together.

Phil Perry - another joke.

"Trey Flowers is fresh off signing a massive contract in Detroit — one the Patriots simply would never approach — and could be looking to show his former team they made a mistake letting him go. Will that mean long days for Wynn? Marcus Cannon? Dan Skipper? We’ll have a close eye on Flowers throughout the week, especially if he’s aligned across from Wynn."

How can reporting be so bad?

I can't remember, have the Patriots had joint practices before with a team coached by a former assistant? Any joint sessions with the O'Brien Texans or Vrabel Titans? I imagine these are going to be very productive sessions, given how well Belichick and Patricia work together.
OBrien/HOU. Two years ago I think.

"Trey Flowers is fresh off signing a massive contract in Detroit — one the Patriots simply would never approach — and could be looking to show his former team they made a mistake letting him go. Will that mean long days for Wynn? Marcus Cannon? Dan Skipper? We’ll have a close eye on Flowers throughout the week, especially if he’s aligned across from Wynn."

They are all engines in the hype machine.

Sensationalism aside, I kinda hope this is true! How better to get a new LT up to speed, than to show what happens when a talented, hard working, and well coached DE is motivated to beat you? I hope Flowers ramps it up big time against us. In the long run, that will be very good for our young OL.

Sensationalism aside, I kinda hope this is true! How better to get a new LT up to speed, than to show what happens when a talented, hard working, and well coached DE is motivated to beat you? I hope Flowers ramps it up big time against us. In the long run, that will be very good for our young OL.
He's on the Lions' PUP list (shoulder).

Sorry, didn't mention, but I believe Trey Flowers is on PUP.

I don't mind Perry actually but boy that's a big miss.

Someone didn't do their homework :)

At ESPN Boston right now they have a Pats at Lions preview by Detroit writer Michael Rothstein who is excited to see matchup of Lions CB Justin Coleman vs. Julian Edelman.

At ESPN Boston right now they have a Pats at Lions preview by Detroit writer Michael Rothstein who is excited to see matchup of Lions CB Justin Coleman vs. Julian Edelman.
Apparently it doesn't take much to be a sports writer. Shoot, at least Ben Volin might possibly google something before posting it.

My edgy prediction: Edeleman fails to make a catch against Coleperson

To be fair read a good Q&A at the Globe with great Pats journalist Mike Reiss.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back