PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Training Camp: Joint Practices with Detroit week thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey, I think this is a record! The deepest that PatsFans has ever gotten into training camp before the first mention of the mythical "Foxboro flu" or "stashing" a rookie on IR!

Time for the annual changing of my avatar.

It may not have been the 1st mention this year but I think you missed one from a week ago, although it still may be the record ;)

And first in completion %.

We’ve never cut a draft pick if we had a way to stash him on IR.[

Alright so how comes Meyers wasn't Drafted?? :D

Let's not sugar coat it. All of his athletic measurables were so-so.

This particular evaluation is especially brutal.

Below-average athlete. Won't see same number of free releases in the pros. Lacks sudden feet to shake press in front of him. Lethargic early speed into routes. Does not inspire fear to push defenders off of him with long speed. Needs to craft more dynamic routes to uncover. Too gradual getting into his breaks underneath. Feasted on outs and crossing routes against off-coverage. Lacks twitchy burst out of breaks to get away from tight man. Below-average as downfield leaper.

There was some good.

Sneaky to separate from stems. Keeps route breaks and turns tight. Good toughness to work in the middle of the field. Doesn't need much time to get catch-ready. Competes when ball is in the air. Hands are soft but sudden. High school baseball player with plus ball-tracking. Excellent body adjustments to haul in inaccurate throws. Frame and hand strength to catch through contact.

Jakobi Meyers: Combine Stats at NFL.com

I don't honestly.

Edelman, Harry, Dorsett, Harris, Meyers for now.

Add in DT who is progressing along and then maybe even Meredith at some point and you will have to make some hard decisions with the latter 3.

Players like Inman, Davis or Berrios are most probably done though.

The difference between your take and my take is I'm very conservatively not putting Edelman on my 53 until he's actually on the active roster. I know he'll in all likelihood be there week 1 though and your 5 are the ones I'd pick with Edelman available. In that case it wouldn't be a hard decision at all.

cac3ebc1e95bcf5c83d78d94ea737975.png

Why haven't we heard anything about Duke Dawson?? Is he a Lock down CB already?? Heard about every other CB but him?? Should Stephon Gilmore watch out?? :D

Understanding this Offense is half the the battle. Gotta give this kid credit if he's standing out. Meyers is really out playing his Un-Drafted status. Ofcourse he wouldn't be the first guy to do that. :cool:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
Back