PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

PATRIOTS TRAINING CAMP Training Camp Day 6

Status
Not open for further replies.

luuked

Hall of Fame Poster
Reaction score

Here we go again. Five practice days straight coming up..

Curious what players that missed time will return.

Last edited:

I found this interesting:

Mohamed Sanu: The Patriots look faster at wide receiver with Olszewski, Ross and Damiere Byrd, which makes me wonder if Sanu's best fit would be more as a Tim Wright-type pass-catching tight end

Mohamed Sanu: The Patriots look faster at wide receiver with Olszewski, Ross and Damiere Byrd, which makes me wonder if Sanu's best fit would be more as a Tim Wright-type pass-catching tight end

Curran/Perry didn't like at all what they have seen from Sanu so far (i.e. "can't separate") and were wondering if he might end up missing the roster. If he can't stand out surrounded by younger players then his non-guaranteed 6.5m cap hit might become a problem.

I still think that no matter what he won't play on that specific deal. Either he will be traded/cut or the Pats approach him with a reduced salary in exchange for guarantees (i.e. the Amendola special).

Curran/Perry didn't like at all what they have seen from Sanu so far (i.e. "can't separate") and were wondering if he might end up missing the roster. If he can't stand out surrounded by younger players then his non-guaranteed 6.5m cap hit might become a problem.

I still think that no matter what he won't play on that specific deal. Either he will be traded/cut or the Pats approach him with a reduced salary in exchange for guarantees (i.e. the Amendola special).

Good stuff.

It’s alot to ask for (& could backfire) but Gunner assuming Amendola’s role as a more explosive & separation based slot WR would be ideal.

I’m not as down as Harry on some others because the big body catch in traffic WR is an archetype across the league - Evans, Williams, Golladay, etc. I don’t think it’s smart to have another WR next to him that can’t separate well either.

FWIW, alot of our receivers are having problems separating from our secondary. Its an incredibly talented unit. I don't think many secondaries have the depth we have therefore alot of these guys will likely have favorable matchups any given week.

Last edited:

Whoa!!!!

Last weeks narrative was: “Sanu’s route running was textbook perfect”

Note: My pet turtle Little Moe shuffles the crispest routes too. Best you ever did see. Around the rock and straight to the lettuce.
He just toys with that JAG rock

Take the 6.5 mill on the cap for Sanu and use that money for JC Jackson’s extension. Invest in the young guys and let Gunner, Thomas, or Meyers get a shot.

I’m not as down as Harry on some others because the big body catch in traffic WR is an archetype across the league - Evans, Williams, Golladay, etc. I don’t think it’s smart to have another WR next to him that can’t separate well either.

I'd love to hear from the folks that are ready to give up on Harry who they'd should bring in at a comparable price. Just practically due to the economic factors involved with rookie deals I don't see a reason to move on from him at all.

It is not only way too early in terms of number of years to talk about moving on but even within this season it is absolutely premature to evaluate someone one way or the other. Give it at least 10-12 days of padded practice.

Last edited:
Bedard made a (rare) good point that with Cam at QB separation at WR might be less of an issue than with Brady because of Cam's ability to run.

The offense will go as far as the offensive line.

Bedard made a (rare) good point that with Cam at QB separation at WR might be less of an issue than with Brady because of Cam's ability to run.

The offense will go as far as the offensive line.

You'd assume that we will see much more zone coverage which should make McDaniels' job and that of our skill players easier. That is if Cam is still a threat on his legs. He should still be pretty effective but we just won't know how that aspect will play out until we see it.

If Hightower hadn't opted out I'd actually be pretty optimistic about this year. As it stands now there are so many question marks that increase the variance by a lot.

If Hightower hadn't opted out I'd actually be pretty optimistic about this year. As it stands now there are so many question marks that increase the variance by a lot.

It would be ironic if the defense holds the team back.

Obviously WR/TE are thin, but the front seven is looking like it may be the biggest problem.

Last edited:
Harry will make his presence felt once (and if) he stays healthy. He's a gamer and has the size/speed/agility combo that turns him into a home run threat with the ball in his hands.

The key is getting the ball in his hands.

Edelman, Gunner, Sanu, Byrd.
Harry (IR).
PS - Ross, Hastings

Harry, Cajuste and Rivers are back on the field.

I guess the rumors about a Beau Allen sighting in a boot were correct then.

I'd love to hear from the folks that are ready to give up on Harry who they'd should bring in at a comparable price. Just practically due to the economic factors involved with rookie deals I don't see a reason to move on from him at all.

It is not only way too early in terms of number of years to talk about moving on but even within this season it is absolutely premature to evaluate someone one way or the other. Give it at least 10-12 days of padded practice.

Im quite sure nobody at Foxboro is thinking about moving on from Harry (this yr) ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots QB Drake Maye Analysis and What to Expect in Round 2 and 3
Five Patriots/NFL Thoughts Following Night One of the 2024 NFL Draft
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/26: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft