PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

PATRIOTS TRAINING CAMP Training Camp Day 3

Status
Not open for further replies.
I predicted a major Gilmore let down this season..I will be proven correct
Unless he gets hurt or the defensive front can't create pass rush the potential for major slippage from Gilmore is nil.

Rough day for the QBs overall, as both Newton and Stidham had INTs. Not surprising though, because our pass defense is still really damn good.

Maybe I have missed it but has any of the reporters asked why Thomas and Allen are not at camp or are they scared to ask BB:oops:

Howe finally managed to get some vague info on Thomas:

Sounds like he is dealing with something minor.

So we’re going with Hoyer?

Stidham had a good Monday, Cam looked best yesterday and today it was Hoyer's turn.

Really think we will have to give it a week or two to see through the noise and maybe get an idea of who looks most consistent.

Harry (#15 I ass-ume) is...sooo...damn...slooowww...
He's the second one in the drill after Sanu and he looks horrible out of his break. The guy after Harry zips right through the drill. He's so slow, he makes Sanu look fast. Panic button has been hit!

Amazing how the Pats messed up that pick so badly. Lots of guys picked after him have big roles with their team.

That was depressing to watch.

Our 7th round draft pick from New Mexico is making plays. I think he deserves a longer look.

He was just as fast as all the other guys that weren't Ross and Byrd.. But yeah.. Whateva you say..

Keep in mind:

• He was a D2 defensive player prior to going undrafted
  • He’s been playing WR for less than a year
  • Forced into playing time against the Giants, he was wide open for a 20+ yard gain & was open on another throw
Like others I ruled Gunner out but clearly he has a natural feel for the position.

Video is from Day 2 of TC.. Not day 3..

He's the second one in the drill after Sanu and he looks horrible out of his break. The guy after Harry zips right through the drill. He's so slow, he makes Sanu look fast. Panic button has been hit!

Amazing how the Pats messed up that pick so badly. Lots of guys picked after him have big roles with their team.

That was depressing to watch.

At this point he might get beat out be an undrafted division 2 cornerback converted to WR :headscratch:

So for shts and giggles (since I assumed there was a fair amount of doom and gloom involved) I broke out my stopwatch and timed these guys in the agility drill video from the moment of launch to the moment they reached the last cone. N'Keal and Jakobi were about the same, this was about a tenth of a second faster than Sanu who supposedly runs the cleanest sweetest routes since Elroy "Crazylegs" Hirsch.

And yeah, no kidding Gunner and Byrd are faster than these guys, Gunner is the bigger of the two at 5'10 180 pounds... N'Keal is 6'3" 225 pounds.

It's not a question if N'Keal is quicker than these little guys, it's how fast he is in relation to his size. Gronk isn't as fast as Gunner either, I doubt it hindered him.

If N'Keal's hurt it will be a real disappointment, if he's healthy he'll be fine. Throw him the damn ball.

It would be absolutely perfect to me if Hoyer started all year and had a somewhat above average season that lead to a divisional round appearance or later. Don't ask me why, I don't know, but I'd love to see BB make him look like anything other than a mediocre at best QB

Derek Rivers missing practice again... LMFAO. Dude’s a bum. Waste of a roster spot.

So, proper interpretation of this is that Gilmore will be traded a week before the season starts.

The guy’s been the best CB in the NFL the last 2 years and is about to turn 30. Players don’t stay as the best CB in the NFL for much longer than that. He has no place to go but down. The question is just how sharp will any decline be? So far it’s sounding like he’s doing well in camp, so we’ll see, sounds promising to me so far.

Unless he gets hurt or the defensive front can't create pass rush the potential for major slippage from Gilmore is nil.

Agree. Harry keeps posting videos on social media but fact is in actual drills he still does not look quick in route running, in his cuts, in getting open, or in breaking free off the line of scrimmage.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes