PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Training Camp - Around The League ...

Status
Not open for further replies.

BaconGrundleCandy

Not the kind of guy to say I told you so ...
PatsFans.com Supporter
Reaction score
Being an ex-addict this is how I get my fix/dopamine. Just snorted Jerry Jeudy WR1. My jaw is going a mile a minute and I want more.

11 yard out ...

Blaze out!

How fun could this offense be? Enough fire power to keep up with KC. Enough defense to slow them down - under 30? Maybe not This year but that's definitely something to watch. No reason Miller & Chubb couldn't get hot to kick start that D?

2 years ago they were old & thin at WR/TE. Keenum was the starter if I remember right could be wrong? Just nothing to be happy about.

I've heard reports they're happy with Albert O (rookie TE) as well.

That could be a fun division.

Adding Lamb & JJ to those WR corp is going to be a big problem imo. Both of these dudes are absolutely filthy. I expect JJ to be WR1 by the end of his 2nd year & I think Lamb is the WR2 by the end of this year.
I love Sutton & Gallup. Had a 2nd round grade on both but again these two (JJ & Lamb) players are a little different.

That DL could be pretty nasty too. Lawrence & EG are quite the combo. Both can really work tackles inside/outside.

If the Cowboys don’t make the playoffs, I don’t know what else they can do. They’ve had a great offseason. Love the Griffen pick up.

No more excuses for Dak. If he can’t lead them to the playoffs, Jerry should kick him to the curb because a QB asking for a lot of money should take them to the playoffs.

If the Cowboys don’t make the playoffs, I don’t know what else they can do. They’ve had a great offseason. Love the Griffen pick up.

No more excuses for Dak. If he can’t lead them to the playoffs, Jerry should kick him to the curb because a QB asking for a lot of money should take them to the playoffs.

Not to argue with you at all, but just to flesh things about a bit...

1. Philly
  2. Green Bay
  3. Minnesota
  4. New Orleans
  5. San Francisco
  6. Seattle
  7. Rams
  8. Falcons

Which of the above are the Cowboys definitely better than?
Which of the above have QBs that Dak is definitely better than?

1. Philly
  2. Green Bay
  3. Minnesota
  4. New Orleans
  5. San Francisco
  6. Seattle
  7. Rams
  8. Falcons

DAL “should” be better everybody in that list besides maybe NO/SF. They added firepower to both their offense/defense. Plus, they actually have a head coach that can..well, coach. Dak doesn’t necessarily need to be individually better than any of those respective QBs...he just needs to be better THAT DAY. That was easy..

Dallas seemed feast or famine. They were on point or couldn't score 18 points. Lost a bunch of close games. 4-5 within a TD. Questionable coaching decisions, play calls in Minne & Jets, both L's. Even one of the Phila games they won.

JG wasn't the man and it showed. From prep, discipline, adjustments, mental toughness. Dallas always seemed on or off in extreme ways.

Regarding Dak, last year, @Deus Irae he was better than Goff, Wentz, Jimmy & Ryan. Cousins & A-Rod were probably a little better as well as Brees.

Jackson, Mahomes & Wilson were in a tier by themselves.

Again though when you look at situations/spots. Dak wasn't getting any favors ... Goff, Jimmy, Brees & Wentz had superior coaching.

I think Dak was a legit top 5-10 QB last year.

DAL “should” be better everybody in that list besides maybe NO/SF. They added firepower to both their offense/defense. Plus, they actually have a head coach that can..well, coach. Dak doesn’t necessarily need to be individually better than any of those respective QBs...he just needs to be better THAT DAY. That was easy..

Again, just tossing things out to further the discussion rather than to argue pro/con*:

I think Dallas did what New England has historically done, just at a higher price point. They let Quinn go, and they replaced him with lower cost players who've seen down years (Poe, McCoy), and took a gamble on a boom/bust type (Smith). They grabbed Clinton-Dix, who's another player coming off down time. So they're counting on an aging DL (McCoy), a player who doesn't fit with the typical attacking style of recent Dallas DLs (Poe), a headcase (Smith), and a safety who, barring a reversal of his game trajectory, could be a liability/insufficiency along the back end, given the possible need to help cover for the questionable CB "upgrade" (Worley). And, as we've all seen, sometimes this works, and sometimes not so much.

I also don't see where they've improved on offense, unless the draft brings that improvement. I understand the enthusiasm for a guy like Lamb , but I can't pencil him in as a positive until I see it on the field, particularly as we know the position has historically been very spotty for first year greatness.

And then there's the coaching change with the limited offseason...

*For the record, Barnwell really liked the Cowboys offseason, ranking it at #5 overall, which is obviously supportive of your take.

Dallas seemed feast or famine. They were on point or couldn't score 18 points. Lost a bunch of close games. 4-5 within a TD. Questionable coaching decisions, play calls in Minne & Jets, both L's. Even one of the Phila games they won.

JG wasn't the man and it showed. From prep, discipline, adjustments, mental toughness. Dallas always seemed on or off in extreme ways.

Regarding Dak, last year, @Deus Irae he was better than Goff, Wentz, Jimmy & Ryan. Cousins & A-Rod were probably a little better as well as Brees.

Jackson, Mahomes & Wilson were in a tier by themselves.

Again though when you look at situations/spots. Dak wasn't getting any favors ... Goff, Jimmy, Brees & Wentz had superior coaching.

I think Dak was a legit top 5-10 QB last year.

You probably think more of Dak than do I. I generally view him as a fair weather QB who can really work over lesser teams/defenses, but struggles more than one should expect against better teams, and I think that view held up pretty well last season. He dominated against the Giants and Redskins, played well against some middling to poor defenses, but struggled against most of the better defenses he faced.

You probably think more of Dak than do I. I generally view him as a fair weather QB who can really work over lesser teams/defenses, but struggles more than one should expect against better teams, and I think that view held up pretty well last season. He dominated against the Giants and Redskins, played well against some middling to poor defenses, but struggled against most of the better defenses he faced.
I mean Goff & Jimmy have been carried by their surroundings so far. I actually like Wentz but he's got more than a few issues. Ryan's the best of the four but was closer to 12-15, last year than 10 imo. His peak is the best of the 4 and the best overall but again I'm strictly speaking coming off last year.

That said Dak feasted on garbage time play but overall was better than the 4 above.

After Mahomes, Wilson, Jackson you had Brees who didn't look as good from the eye test as previous years. Tannehill got super hot but how much confidence does he garner going forward?

Cousins and Rodgers were better than Dak. Probably 6-8 last year.

After the big 3-5 there's not a lot separating guys.

Watson has big year in front of him. Wouldn't mind seeing Houston F that up more. That offense is going vertical in a hurry and should be interesting.

eddy-copy.jpg

1. Philly
  2. Green Bay
  3. Minnesota
  4. New Orleans
  5. San Francisco
  6. Seattle
  7. Rams
  8. Falcons

Dallas should be better than Philthy, GB, LA & Atlanta, and if Prescott plays up to his franchise tag, then Minny & Seattle too.

Yeah just read that...This unfortunately was his issue in college (concussion, knee) and is now his issue in the pros (back, knee)...Was surprised that SF drafted him earlier than he should've been drafted last year, especially when they already selected Deebo Samuel with their previous pick and Terry McLaurin was still available.

It's feared that new Cowboys DT Gerald McCoy might've torn one of his ACLs, as per Ian Rapoport...

Getting compared to him is an insult. Dillon looks way more cut for his size, while Lacey always looked like a giant turd. And he running style was soft as hell for his size.

It's feared that new Cowboys DT Gerald McCoy might've torn one of his ACLs, as per Ian Rapoport...

And just like that, last night's discussion about the Cowboys has already become (at least partially) moot.

Per report, McCoy's done, but not because of an ACL injury.

Fears that Cowboys defensive tackle Gerald McCoy tore his ACL during Monday’s practice were unfounded, but the true nature of his injury didn’t wind up being any better for his availability this season.

Cowboys executive vice president Stephen Jones announced that McCoy ruptured his right quadriceps tendon. He will have surgery to repair the injury and will miss the entire 2020 season.

Gerald McCoy out for year with ruptured quadriceps tendon - ProFootballTalk

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing
Matthew Slater Set For New Role With Patriots