PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Trades Target(s) for 2011???

I don't care who it is but the Red Sox need pitching.

The bagwell deal is bad mainly in hindsight, as he was #3 on the depth chart. I'm pretty sure he wasn't the power hitter in the minors that he wound up being (and I guess we now know part of how that wound up occurring...)

That said, I'd hope the Sox aren't dealing any more legit prospects for set-up men (as valuable as set-up men can be). :)

Schilling? eh... Boddicker was a legit starter, and Brady Anderson was the main attraction for Balto in that deal. Schilling had a good year or 2 but for the most part didn't hit his stride as a major league pitcher for nearly another decade.

Anibal Sanchez was a nice prospect. Jorge de la Rosa has had a couple good years. We'll see about Masterson. I was never big on Freddy Sanchez but he's stuck around for a long time.

Some of the catchers we've dealt have stuck around, though I don't remember exactly where in their careers they were: Shoppach, Hattiesburg, etc. David Murphy has been ok. Justin Duchscherer.

That's all I've got for now. :)
i hated the freddy sanchez deal from day one. i was in pawtucket the day they traded him. everyone was asking where freddy was. on the way out after the game you could hear on the jumbo tron that he was dealt for jeff supan. :mad: another trade that comes to mind that i hated was bronson aroyo for wille mo pena:mad: god what a bust.

Last edited:
Was just reading that the Sox supposedly were interested in Rasmus. After the supposed interest in Pence, I'm wondering if they may be a bit down on Kalish.

i think they are very impressed with Reddick, and they want a right handed bat in RF to platoon with him. They are looking at Spilbough from Colorado as well.

i think they are very impressed with Reddick, and they want a right handed bat in RF to platoon with him. They are looking at Spilbough from Colorado as well.

Rasmus, though, like Pence, isn't a righty platoon bat. (Rasmus being a lefty and not somebody you want to relegate to platoon status anyway given his potential, Pence being a righty but better than a part-time player.)

(Of course, my pondering re Kalish assumes the rumor is true that they were interested.)

The rumor I have been hearing a lot of today is Erik Bedard to the Red Sox.....They say that the Rockies want too much for Ubaldo and Bedard will come cheaper....

The rumor I have been hearing a lot of today is Erik Bedard to the Red Sox.....They say that the Rockies want too much for Ubaldo and Bedard will come cheaper....

Bedard's a great pickup... if he can stay healthy

Rockies want Weiland and Middlebrooks in a potential trade. Weiland I'd do, Middlebrooks is untouchable IMO. He's our future 3B.

Rockies want Weiland and Middlebrooks in a potential trade. Weiland I'd do, Middlebrooks is untouchable IMO. He's our future 3B.
Especially with Youk's propensity toward injury.

Last edited:
Especially with Youk's propensity toward injury.

He's not meant for 3B for the long haul, his body cant take the grind. Middlebrooks has put up some beast #'s and his defense has been equally impressive.

How has Cecchini looked, do you know?

If this is the entire deal, for Jimenez, I'd do it in a heartbeat. Jimenez is very good, young and cost controlled for a few more years.

How has Cecchini looked, do you know?

If this is the entire deal, for Jimenez, I'd do it in a heartbeat. Jimenez is very good, young and cost controlled for a few more years.
The Phillies added Hunter Pence. IMO the Red Sox really need to orchestrate a pitching ace to remain competitive with them granted the World Series will be played with NL home field advantage.

A pitcher who can hit would be most welcomed.

Last edited:
The Phillies added Hunter Pence. IMO the Red Sox really need to orchestrate a pitching ace to remain competitive with them granted the World Series will be played with NL home field advantage.

A pitcher who can hit would be most welcomed.

Pence was a nice pickup, but they paid for him. Aggressive move.

If Sox are healthy, they'll compete with anybody. But that's part of the reason I'd do that Jimenez deal if it were out there -- another ace caliber starter, and he's young and cheap.

(Plus, if Buchholz doesn't make it back or anybody else gets hurt instead, we still have 3 strong starters in any playoff series.)

Pence was a nice pickup, but they paid for him. Aggressive move.

If Sox are healthy, they'll compete with anybody. But that's part of the reason I'd do that Jimenez deal if it were out there -- another ace caliber starter, and he's young and cheap.

(Plus, if Buchholz doesn't make it back or anybody else gets hurt instead, we still have 3 strong starters in any playoff series.)
That's my main concern, the pitching health. I agree with you.

Report: Rockies Agree to Trade Ubaldo Jimenez to Cleveland Indians

By Ricky Doyle

The most notable starting pitcher of this year's trade market looks like he'll have a new home. The Cleveland Indians and Colorado Rockies have agreed to a deal that will put Ubaldo Jimenez in an Indians uniform.

The Indians will send four prospects to the Rockies in exchange for the 27-year-old right-hander, according to MLB.com.
Indians acquire a young pitcher with a ridiculous ceiling for 4 prospects. Red Sox acquire an infielder in Mike Aviles from the Royals for Yamaico Navarro. I don't really have an opinion on this trade as I don't know anything of Aviles.

* edit pitching addressed

Last edited:
Indians are idiots. There is now way in hell that team will sniff the WS and they unload the farm for Ubaldo. Dumb Dumb Dumb.

Indians are idiots. There is now way in hell that team will sniff the WS and they unload the farm for Ubaldo. Dumb Dumb Dumb.
To be fair I don't know what the Indians prospects are like outside of the Baseball Tonight guys saying a couple of the pitchers have 2nd starter potential. Ubaldo's ceiling is huge. He's had a down year but they do happen.

As we speak the Red Sox have traded Lars Anderson for Oakland's Rich Harden. Guess Theo did see pitching as a need after all. I spoke to soon! :eek:

Report: Red Sox Acquire Rich Harden From Oakland for Lars Anderson, Player to Be Named Later

Ricky Doyle

"While the Indians were busy landing Ubaldo Jimenez, the Red Sox were shoring up their rotation as well. The Sox and Oakland Athletics have reportedly agreed to a trade that will net the Sox starter Rich Harden.

The Sox will send first baseman Lars Anderson and a player to be named later to Oakland as part of the deal, according to ESPN's Jayson Stark".

Last edited:
To be fair I don't know what the Indians prospects are like outside of the Baseball Tonight guys saying a couple of the pitchers have 2nd starter potential. Ubaldo's ceiling is huge. He's had a down year but they do happen.

As we speak the Red Sox have traded Lars Anderson for Oakland's Rich Harden. Guess Theo did see pitching as a need after all. I spoke to soon! :eek:

Very real prospects (at least Pomeranz and White) -- Sox don't have anything to match that in the system. Closest would be Ranaudo.

Patriots Grab Their First WR of the 2024 Draft, Snag Washington’s Polk
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
MORSE: Patriots QB Drake Maye Analysis and What to Expect in Round 2 and 3
Five Patriots/NFL Thoughts Following Night One of the 2024 NFL Draft
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/26: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
Back