PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Trades, Street Signees & Options at RB

How about bringing Kerryon Johnson in for a look, or Derrius Guice (although his off-field issues would be under a microscope). Both are young and could be very cheap.

let this dude finish the tour of the afce... 2020 jete 2019 bills 2018 fins

if all you are looking for is 3.5 ypc and a cloud of dust, bring in frank gore

let this dude finish the tour of the afce... 2020 jete 2019 bills 2018 fins

if all you are looking for is 3.5 ypc and a cloud of dust, bring in frank gore

Well, he won't have to carry the ball 20+ times a game, is not known for fumbling, and would be a great mentor for a young backfield.

How about bringing Kerryon Johnson in for a look, or Derrius Guice (although his off-field issues would be under a microscope). Both are young and could be very cheap.
It’s pretty sad it’s come down to this week 6 of the NFL season.

Trade for LeVeon Bell at Baltimore they have a lot of extra running backs
No need to trade for him; he's only on their practice squad, so I imagine that the mere offer of a 53-man contract ought to do it.

They'll all be fairly cheap, so money really isn't gonna be much of an issue in their signing here... At least I hope it shouldn't be...

The dude who's probably at the top of my rolodex is former Cleveland & Houston RB Duke Johnson... Not as stout as Omen or especially Rham, he's closer to SweetFeet size with similar run/pass production...

I would also consider signing Josh Adams to our practice squad, if only as a sign of respect after he refused to sign with the Jete PS when they waived him from their 53...

No need to trade for him; he's only on their practice squad, so I imagine that the mere offer of a 53-man contract ought to do it.

They'll all be fairly cheap, so money really isn't gonna be much of an issue in their signing here... At least I hope it shouldn't be...

The dude who's probably at the top of my rolodex is former Cleveland & Houston RB Duke Johnson... Not as stout as Omen or especially Rham, he's closer to SweetFeet size with similar run/pass production...

I would also consider signing Josh Adams to our practice squad, if only as a sign of respect after he refused to sign with the Jete PS when they waived him from their 53...
did the gints release dion lewis after he retired?

edit... nvrmind he only signed a 1 year deal with them

Talk about a punch to the gut for a guy who was once considered the best RB in the league and not even 30 years old.

Was the OP here before we drafted Rhamondre Stevenson or something?

Was the OP here before we drafted Rhamondre Stevenson or something?

Turns out the answer was Bolden and it was correct.

We're down to a 3-man rotation at RB because JJ is so very rarely used... And we still don't have a RB on the PS...

EDIT: I should also add that Bolden plays a lot of ST coverage snaps... I'd really like to see JJ Kid Dyno-Mite get some good work tonight vs the FailCons D so Bill & Ivan will have more confidence in him as the Home Stretch begins one week from Sunday...

Last edited:
We're down to a 3-man rotation at RB because JJ is so very rarely used... And we still don't have a RB on the PS...
I'm really just not that worried. If the RB group gets even more injured than it was last week, I'll worry, but that's also such a disaster scenario that it's not rational to plan around.

We already have everyone back and demonstrated that the running game was fine in the interim. Signing Le'Veon Bell or someone like him is reserved for teams even more desperate than this one has been at any point in 2021.

I'm really just not that worried. If the RB group gets even more injured than it was last week, I'll worry, but that's also such a disaster scenario that it's not rational to plan around.

We already have everyone back and demonstrated that the running game was fine in the interim. Signing Le'Veon Bell or someone like him is reserved for teams even more desperate than this one has been at any point in 2021.
Well, it is rational, in the same way that it's rational to worry about one skill - blitz pickup - as a position, hiring a guy shown to be done at everything else, in hopes that he still does some blitz pickup. You could make it a position, but what are you giving up for it?

Dont mind the idea of a PS position taken by a RB

The offensive line staying healthy is the key to the rest of the season, offensively. MJ is excellent when he has a little time and the backs are capable of running N-S if the line gives them a little daylight. Against the Browns, who have two elite edge rushers, the line did extremely well. Atlanta does not have the pass rush that the Browns had, so as long as Trent Brown can be on the field for all the snaps he is asked to split with Michael Onwenu, the Patriots should move the ball.

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Back