PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Trade rumor on Browns website involving Wino

The Browns cut Hodges who was vying for Higgins spot.

Why keep cement shoes Harry when a more promising player is available?

Last edited:
No thanks!

And why aren't we calling Wino, "The Hampshire Thor" yet?

Definitely not interested in moving on from Winovich. He's got Bruschi type energy and that's irreplaceable.
Unfortunately, he’s absolute dogshit against the run. With a logjam of pass rushers on the squad, he becomes expendable. Especially if it’s for another WR or CB.

Everyone remembers him getting benched midseason last year for not playing the run well on the edge and arguing with Bill, what they forget is when he returned from that benching he played max snaps for the rest of the season and was much improved on the edge.

Last game of the season for Winovich last year; 5 Tackles, 2 Sacks, 3 QB Hits... 90% of the defensive snaps and 23% of special teams snaps. Why trade him, more importantly why trade him for a middling WR… you people are “weapons” crazy. Our weapons are fine. Mac Jones will magically make them “talented.”

Everyone remembers him getting benched midseason last year for not playing the run well on the edge and arguing with Bill, what they forget is when he returned from that benching he played max snaps for the rest of the season and was much improved on the edge.

Last game of the season for Winovich last year; 5 Tackles, 2 Sacks, 3 QB Hits... 90% of the defensive snaps and 23% of special teams snaps. Why trade him, more importantly why trade him for a middling WR… you people are “weapons” crazy. Our weapons are fine. Mac Jones will magically make them “talented.”
I’d like someone who can take the top off the defense across from Agholor in 2 or 12-personnel. This basically forces the D the stay in Nickel or Dime packages and play either Cover-2 where the TEs will feast up the seam or Cover-3 where Meyers and Co. should be able to to take advantage of the holes in that zone coverage. But, with Gilmore out, I’d gladly take a CB as well. The Browns are a bit thin in that area, though.

I’d like someone who can take the top off the defense across from Agholor in 2 or 12-personnel. This basically forces the D the stay in Nickel or Dime packages and play either Cover-2 where the TEs will feast up the seam or Cover-3 where Meyers and Co. should be able to to take advantage of the holes in that zone coverage. But, with Gilmore out, I’d gladly take a CB as well. The Browns are a bit thin in that area, though.
Agreed. WR John Brown or CB Bradley Roby would do.

Do not trade him. Guy has speed and talent

The dirt Hooman had was being a good blocker and not asking for much money.
He was a liability doing anything but block, and would frequently replace Develin on the field. Develin was a much better blocker. So was any 3rd tackle.

Do the browns have a decent press man cornerback they could trade us for winovich?

Do the browns have a decent press man cornerback they could trade us for winovich?
They ain't trading Denzel Ward for Wino.

Mitchell maybe but we'd need to kick in a little more maybe

Maybe they have a run stopping fattie on the defensive line that they would part with for winovich!

They ain't trading Denzel Ward for Wino.

Mitchell maybe but we'd need to kick in a little more maybe
Agreed, although Mitchell plays for HOU now. If we’re going that route, I’d rather have CB Bradley Roby.

Agreed, although Mitchell plays for HOU now. If we’re going that route, I’d rather have CB Bradley Roby.
Jezz. Forgot he left CLE.

things not helping him:

- poor run defense
- competition
- general weird character vibes

however, with the competition perhaps Bill can scheme him into situations favoring his skill set. Not sure why you trade him right now.

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back