PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Trade rumor on Browns website involving Wino

Definitely not interested in moving on from Winovich. He's got Bruschi type energy and that's irreplaceable.
Whatever dirt Hooman had on McDummy, BB has on Wino. Wino must be a real twit in the locker room or something, cause BB can't seem to stand him.

On the field, he struggled to set the edge - not exactly unexpected given his youth and limited size. Iirc, he had spoken of putting on weight with Ninko (not sure about the ex-pat, think it was Wino who had the discussion about bulking up a bit?) to specifically address his weaknesses at the edge. He clearly has talent rushing the passer and you have to love his motor.

I think it would be asinine to part ways with him.

He is a fan favourite because of the way he plays but he didn't have the best year last year and there is now a lot more competition. I think he may be the victim of just the quality we have now

Whatever dirt Hooman had on McDummy, BB has on Wino. Wino must be a real twit in the locker room or something, cause BB can't seem to stand him.

On the field, he struggled to set the edge - not exactly unexpected given his youth and limited size. Iirc, he had spoken of putting on weight with Ninko (not sure about the ex-pat, think it was Wino who had the discussion about bulking up a bit?) to specifically address his weaknesses at the edge. He clearly has talent rushing the passer and you have to love his motor.

Bill hates guys who are a liability against the run, which Winovich is, or at least has been. Plus, the dude is “out there”. Having said that, all you have to do is re-watch last year’s SB to see the value of guys with talent for terrorizing QBs on passing down. Wino can definitely do that at a high level, plus he provides valuable depth in that role, given that Uche has not been the most durable guy so far. I stand with the “keep him, Bill” crowd.

"Some whispers of a trade of one of those guys for Chase Winovich, reportedly on the New England bubble, continue to make its rounds."
on "Brownswire" , a Browns fan website, does not seem all that credible..

There have been no critical indicators that the current TE/RB/WR offensive core cannot execute a passing offense at an NFL level to score enough points to be competitive when paired with the current running game.

However, there is a significant short term (for now) known lesser talent on the defensive side with Gilmore out because of an injury.

Given the easiest way to cover that weakness without making your entire team weaker elsewhere is to have a rotation of pass rushers able to shorten the coverage time for your remaining CBs - why look for another WR then further weakening that pass rush and therefore your entire defense given the existing use of your second string?

Chase Winnovich for Rashard Higgins

I wished for Higgins last couple of yrs, he was cheaply available a few times and Bill did not make a move so this would be a surprise.
Id still like this swap though with Harry being out and still being a Q.
But with 2 legit TEs and possibly Harry showing up im not sure this would move the needle.
If they dont believe in Harry then by all means. Mac and Higgins should look pretty in RZ.

I don't think we should move on from him. He is a good rotational player on a rookie deal and I doubt van Noy is here very long.

The dirt Hooman had was being a good blocker and not asking for much money.

Barmore's development may be the key vs TB. Interior pass rush has always been Brady's kryptonite.
Brady’s quite the formidable foe. To have any semblance of a chance, we’ll likely have to implement the following strategy against him..

Higgins is dirt cheap Rashard Higgins Contract Details, Salary Cap Charges, Bonus Money, and Contract History | Over The Cap

He signed that deal to remain in Cleveland when he could have gotten more money in FA. How could the Browns trade him after all that? Seems like bad business. I get the impression that Higgins is well liked in the franchise. He has stuck around through thick and thin.

Great hands 70% catch rate in 2 seasons with Mayfield.
Injured in 2019
Fast
Has had a fumbling problem

Higgins is an extremely poor practice player and does not play special teams.

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back