PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Trade for Thomas Davis?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bourne Again Christian

Hall of Fame Poster
Reaction score
He's looking for new guaranteed money in Carolina.
Carolina never pays old vets, he's a coverage linebacker which is our biggest weakness.
Damn his age I'd easily give up a fifth round pick for a one year rental of Davis.

What do you think

At this point, I'd be curious to see what players become available after the final cutdown date. Who knows, he might end up on the street.

he wants a new contract.

I'd love to have him! But he wants a new contract. He would immediately upgrade our LB corps.

He's looking for new guaranteed money in Carolina.
Carolina never pays old vets
They just signed Mike Adams and Julius Peppers. Both are in their late 30's.

I'm not sure where you're getting this from other than the Steve Smith situation. And that had more to do with his relationship with Cam over anything else.

Doesn't make sense for Carolina to let him go now. Him and Keuchly are the heart and soul of their D.
I don't see them in rebuilding mode, they still have a lot of talent on both sides of the ball.
If he somehow became available, I'd think BB would pounce. One of the best coverage linebackers in the league,which is the biggest need for Pats on D.( but not a glaring need. Pats are a top 3 D right now. Davis would be a nice addition. )

If I had to make a top ten list of underrated players he'd def be on it. Such a great player who has outplayed Luke at times.

Like others have said I couldn't see Carolina getting rid of him.

They just signed Mike Adams and Julius Peppers. Both are in their late 30's.

I'm not sure where you're getting this from other than the Steve Smith situation. And that had more to do with his relationship with Cam over anything else.
Also DeAngelo Williams

I have never heard of this guy before but sure, why not.

DeAngelo Williams

DeAngelo Williams Career Game Log vs. Patriots | Pro-Football-Reference.com

12/13/09 -- 82 yards rushing .... eight years ago in a 20-10 Pats victory

11/18/13 --- 14 yards on 6 rushes (2.3 ypc), plus 2 receptions for 11 yards

9/10/15 --- 127 yards rushing after Pats jump out to a 21-3 lead and cruise to an easy win

1/22/17 --- 2.4 yards per carry in a 36-17 playoff loss to the Pats

Trade for the beast...can he rush the passer ?

Williams is a 30+ year old RB. It was no wonder
He's old but still looked pretty good in the AFC championship game last year. One of the few guys that showed up for the Steelers in that game.

He's old but still looked pretty good in the AFC championship game last year. One of the few guys that showed up for the Steelers in that game.
Yeah, but even with that I find it hard to say that they never keep vets around.

Now he can enjoy his career in wrestling.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News