PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Trade for Thomas Davis?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Would be a great vet addition, but there is almost zero chance they trade him.

Oh I thought you said he tore us up.
You must not of watched the game he was clutch for them and his runs gashed us and let Pitt extend their drives.
It wasn't we allowed him to run to stop the pass we attempted to stop the run at times and he broke tackles as well as made good cuts he still can play the game at a high level.
Only thing that is a question is his durability.

You must not of watched the game he was clutch for them and his runs gashed us and let Pitt extend their drives.
It wasn't we allowed him to run to stop the pass we attempted to stop the run at times and he broke tackles as well as made good cuts he still can play the game at a high level.
Only thing that is a question is his durability.
In fact I was at the game.
He was not a big factor. Sure he had some yards but most of them were after we had a big lead.
There is no way you leave that game thinking oh my god we got killed by dangelo Williams. You left it thinking the stealers were never really in that game.

In fact I was at the game.
He was not a big factor. Sure he had some yards but most of them were after we had a big lead.
There is no way you leave that game thinking oh my god we got killed by dangelo Williams. You left it thinking the stealers were never really in that game.
Just to expand. Here were Williams numbers by drive, with the score and result and a note about 3rd down to address (gashed us and extended drives)

0-0. 3/33. Missed Fg no 3rd down runs
0-0 3/9. Punt no 3rds
0-7 3/9 missed fg no 3rds
0-14 3/16 fg no 3rds
3-21. So now 5 minutes into the 3rd his team has scored 3 points is down 18 and he has 12 carries for 67 yards that has almost zero impact.
On this drive 4/46 and they finally score a td while he STILL had zero 3rd down carries.
11-21. 6/20 he had his first 3rd down run and lost a yard. Result fg
14-28 1/7 punt no 3rds
14-28 nothing
14-28 nothing.

So he converted zero 3rd downs
His team had 3 scoring drives (plus a garbage time one when he wasn't on the field)

This was not imho anything close to a "gashing" or "tearing a team up" before you even recognize that the game plan was to leave a light box and focus in the pass. And it was clear to everyone there that this was the defensive game plan.

That game could have been a lot closer. Pittsburgh missed 2 early FGs that changed the game and played awful red zone defense (like not covering Gronk). Also I think they failed to convert a TD when it was 21-11. One of the reasons people worried about playing Pittsburgh in the playoffs. Williams had a very good game that night and game might have been different if Pittsburgh got to 21-18.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo on the Rich Eisen Show From 5/2/24
Patriots News And Notes 5-5, Early 53-Man Roster Projection
New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes