PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Trade for Eagles WR Jeremy Maclin?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Dumervil is horrendous against the run. It's bad economics to spend that much money on a one trick pony. I prefer BB's approach to cheaper situational players who can add to depth citing unforeseen injuries.

Dumervil isn't as bad as people make him against the run. Many Broncos fans think he is pretty good at it from what I see (I haven't watched enough game to make a complete decision).

Dumervil isn't as bad as people make him against the run. Many Broncos fans think he is pretty good at it from what I see (I haven't watched enough game to make a complete decision).
I was as much football as I can. After seeing many Broncos games, it's my opinion Dumervil is a liability on run D and is as bad as advertised. Nothing is going to change my opinion on that.

Dumervil is horrendous against the run. It's bad economics to spend that much money on a one trick pony. I prefer BB's approach to cheaper situational players who can add to depth citing unforeseen injuries.

It's a fair point. I like Dumerville's age and I think Teams prepare for him. That is a very important consideration as it frees everyone else up. Can't say that now about Abraham or Freeney any more. Probably like Freeney better.
I think we are a better Team with Dumerville.

Rob Ninkovich had 58 tackles and Dummerville 54? I don't agree whole hardheartedly on the bad against the run deal.
DW Toys

Then what about Danario Alexander and the Chargers putting a no pick tender on him?

He still has speed. His operations were in college. He was really coming on and instead of the smurfs we seem to like at WR, he is 6'5" and 222lbs and he is AQuan like. He is only 25.
DW Toys

How much space do the Chargers have? I bet they'd match.

I agree with your assessment, though - I would love for Brady to have a BIG deep threat. Brady's not a great long ball passer, but that height and those arms make up for a lot.

Besides, DA abused Cromartie and that makes me happy.

It's a fair point. I like Dumerville's age and I think Teams prepare for him. That is a very important consideration as it frees everyone else up. Can't say that now about Abraham or Freeney any more. Probably like Freeney better.
I think we are a better Team with Dumerville.

Rob Ninkovich had 58 tackles and Dummerville 54? I don't agree whole hardheartedly on the bad against the run deal.
DW Toys
I have no problem with acquiring Dumervile DW Toys as long as the terms of the contract allow the Patriots room to manoeuvre for future acquisitions.

I don't agree whole hardheartedly on the bad against the run deal.
DW Toys

Dumervil isn't as bad as people make him against the run. Many Broncos fans think he is pretty good at it from what I see

Can't agree with you here, fellas.

Here is a glimpse of what Denver fans think about Dumervil vs the run. This is from their "Broncos Country" message boards, which is linked directly from denverbroncos.com:

Elvis Dumervil vs the Run?

I value Maclin about as much as I value Sanders. Maclin has been the better player to this point in each of their careers, but I think Sanders has a higher ceiling with the Pats.

Then what about Danario Alexander and the Chargers putting a no pick tender on him?

I thought that he might have been one of the targets as he fits something they have needed since Moss left, Tall receiver that can beat his guy and go up and get it. He definitely fits a criteria. Former Ram that played in McDaniels offense.

Who knows maybe they are waiting for the Chargers to make a few more moves as they are close to their salary cap max right now.

We cut Brandon Lloyd rather than pay a net 3 mill over the dead money.
Brandon Llloyd caiught 74 passes for for 911 yards, 12.4.catch and 4 TDs.

Maclin last year 69-857-12.4

Maclin avg year in NFL. 64.5-863-13.4

BB has never traded a 1st for anyone.

He would have to be on hallucinogens to trade one for Maclin.

Can't agree with you here, fellas.

Here is a glimpse of what Denver fans think about Dumervil vs the run. This is from their "Broncos Country" message boards, which is linked directly from denverbroncos.com:

Elvis Dumervil vs the Run?

That thread is from two years ago.

Maclin has shown flashes, but he has yet to put together a 1,000 yard season (got close in 2011). He is in the last year of his rookie deal and may be looking for more than his worth.

I would say offer the 3rd rounder for him, but that might be high.

I would be very happy with a 3rd rounder, or even a 3rd + a low pick (which is pushing it in my opinion).

If Belichick chose to offer a 2nd, I would be surprised, but very happy still. It could be that is what the market would dictate due to a lack of options, but personally I keep the 1's and 2's in high company. As to date, Maclin has shown some very nice potential but has yet to really warrant that "breakout" 1000 yd season that you mentioned.

On the other hand, he is still 24 yrs old (I didn't realize that) and could be an incredible addition to our WR group if it paid off.

One thing I'd be somewhat leery about is the fact that PHI hasn't really had many weapons as far as passing targets outside of D.Jackson, so those 10 and 7 TD seasons may quickly turn into 4-5 TD seasons here. That said, he'd be a nice field stretcher.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Friday Patriots Notebook 5/10: News and Notes
MORSE: Draft Analysis and Thoughts on Patriots Rookie Mini Camp
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/9: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/8: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 5/7: News and Notes
What Did Tom Brady Say During His Netflix Roast?  Here’s the Full Transcript
What Did Drew Bledsoe Say at Tom Brady’s Netflix Roast? Here’s the Full Transcript
What Did Belichick Say at Tom Brady’s Netflix Roast?  Here’s the Full Transcript
Monday Patriots Notebook 5/6: News and Notes
Tom Brady Sustains, Dishes Some Big Hits on Netflix Roast Special
Back