PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Trade Done as per schefter (merged)

Status
Not open for further replies.
As long as special teams puts up 21 points each game we should be okay :)

WTF!!!!!!

Also...

Screw you guys, I'm going down into the subway. I'm way late 'cause of this. Now I'm just mad at everybody! Get read for some Brooklyn-ese later. Nyahhhh!
I fricking loved Randy. Dude freaking ROCKED! Personality, press conferences, whacked-out wardrobe... all of it! Know what drove him outta there? All that effing tight-assed New England Puritan STIFFNESS up there. That whole geographical area needs how to get freaking loose. Bunch a stiffies. Gawd!

Damn, I'm going miss my big homie. Pats lost a true leader on n off the field today. He taught me a lot of off the field responsibilities.
tyrone mckenzie tweets

Re: Trade official: Pats trade Moss to Vikes for a 3rd rounder

On a side note, Moss faces Revis on Monday night next week. Don't tell me the Patriots didn't know that before the trade. ;)

As far as I would have liked to keept him, we have a history of not overpaying players past their prime. And Obviously BB and Randy could not agree on how much worth he would have in 2 or 3 years.

A third round is not much, but you seldom get high draft picks for players wanting to leave, because the other guys know you cant keep him anyway.

Also most people agree that the current D sucks probably too much, to be a real contender this year, which is probably what drove Randy out, so its an okish time for a move like that.

Now we will have to see how much Moss helped Welker and Hernandez, and if Tate can pick up at least some of it. At worst it will be a great learning chance for the rookie.

I have been feeling heavy hearted since last night when the trade talks became public, despite the fact that I believed for over two years that Randy Moss is not good for the Patriots. Brady had developed many bad habits looking for the instant gratification that comes with a long hook up to Moss.
Then this is a QB issue and not a Randy Moss issue.

So you know for sure that Moss was giving you 100% this year. You and everyone in this thread who is mad simply don't understand how difficult it is toi coach with an unhappy veteran super star. They can hurt you as much as they help you. If Moss would have given 100% you are right to say boo. But if you had to question as a coach every play was he giving 100% then it's time to move on from that player because they may win you games but not championships. They take the team down with them and they know it which is why they act like spoiled brats.

You know nothing about cohesion.

He busted his butt on Monday, that's for sure. As for prima donna WRs, welcome to the NFL.

Vince Jackson, Anquan Boldin, Randy Moss, Brandon Marshall, Santana Holmes, Braylon Edwards, etc. etc. Only Fitzgerald has no issues. But guess what? He's getting paid. Even model citizen Deion Branch went out blazing.

Can ANYONE here think of a star WR who would be a BETTER citizen than Moss?

I thought I would be more gutted than I am! But I'm not!

If he asked for the trade, fair enough! He wanted to go. But if he didn't, interesting!

stupid... very stupid... I dont want to hear about picks,value or nothing... Dumb....

But we will get a stud WR in the draft to replace him for next year when there won't be any football! Yay!

Tyrone_McKenzie Tyrone McKenzie
by PatriotsInsider
Damn, I'm going miss my big homie. Pats lost a true leader on n off the field today. He taught me a lot of off the field responsibilities.

I try to respond to people making this argument and I fail every time because half a sentence of reason comes out before I just start screaming STUPID STUPID STUPID. When you're not stretching the D, there is no space for your offense to breathe.

How closely did you watch the game on Monday night? Surely you don't think BJGE was responsible for all that running on his own? The Dolphins were putting 6 men in the box. The Patriots would call a passing play, Brady would get under center, and time after time, he called an audible for a running play. Time after time. A stretch play against a light Dolphins run D!!!

Why would ANY team bother with only 6 in the box when Moss isn't on the field?

Please answer that question.

This is indeed one of the worst trades of all time in terms of value received for an impact player. They didn't even get a defensive bandaid in return. A 3rd round pick in a 2011 draft that isn't nearly as deep as 2010 is garbage compensation for losing an impact weapon on offense that DCs actually have to scheme to stop.

Yay more draft picks with BB will probably just trade and rollover for the next 3 years. I know I am not saying anything that has no been said but I don't like the trade. Pats have zero deep threats. Since Moss was always double teamed which left other guys open. Well not anymore. With Moss gone teams can focus more on Welker and the other guys.

I am sick of the whole in BB we trust. He did the same thing years ago with Branch. If the pats did not trade Branch they would have won the superbowl that year.

Wow, just wow. I am so bummed about this.

Being that Moss asked for the trade, I can't blame BB. Can't blame Moss either. He is getting close to the end and a new contract now will give him much more then a new contract when he is 35. So I wish Moss the best. He kept his attitude in check and was a great player here.

But the Pats number 1 offense just took a huge hit and clearly will not be as good. This team that was having struggles just got worse on the one side of the ball that was actually productive.

Sometimes teams rally. I know people will point to the 2003 Pats and the loss of Milloy. But the reality is that the 2003 Pats replaced Milloy with Harrison who was an upgrade over Milloy. There will be no such upgrade of Moss.

Brandon Tate has speed. I don't know if it is Randy Moss speed. But I hope it is enough to atleast draw safety help.

Yay more draft picks with BB will probably just trade and rollover for the next 3 years. .

You seem to have missed the 10 or so players BB picked in the 1st and 2nd round the last 2 years

i have to admit i'm surprised...

i was never thinking about a possible Randy Moss trade for only a third...

now let's see...

Re: Trade Done as per schefter

So you know for sure that Moss was giving you 100% this year. You and everyone in this thread who is mad simply don't understand how difficult it is toi coach with an unhappy veteran super star. They can hurt you as much as they help you. If Moss would have given 100% you are right to say boo. But if you had to question as a coach every play was he giving 100% then it's time to move on from that player because they may win you games but not championships. They take the team down with them and they know it which is why they act like spoiled brats.

You know nothing about cohesion.

Yeah, he was tearing this team apart, player by player, coach by coach.

mortreport Chris Mortensen
Belichick informed Moss by phone this morning and both men had a very cordial conversation, a source said. Moss excited about Minn return.

Re: Trade Done as per schefter

The Pats often seem inflexible with players. My way or out, we'll win without you.

This is one more case.

Seems like a terrible business decision. Terrible.
If the personal situation got this bad, then shame on the Patriots management for being unable to maintain a positive working environment.

Echoes of the Mankins situation. Yield to us, submit to humiliation, or you are out. How does that help the team?

Another third? Woo hoo.
Pats could have a very exciting young team on paper during the lockout.

You seem to have missed the 10 or so players BB picked in the 1st and 2nd round the last 2 years

Obviously he does not always trade his picks but most of the time since he has been here he has traded down and rolled the picks over to the following years. We will see what he does. I wish they actually got another player in return though because this trade made the team worse this year.

Wow, just wow. I am so bummed about this.

Being that Moss asked for the trade, I can't blame BB. Can't blame Moss either. He is getting close to the end and a new contract now will give him much more then a new contract when he is 35. So I wish Moss the best. He kept his attitude in check and was a great player here.

But the Pats number 1 offense just took a huge hit and clearly will not be as good. This team that was having struggles just got worse on the one side of the ball that was actually productive.

Sometimes teams rally. I know people will point to the 2003 Pats and the loss of Milloy. But the reality is that the 2003 Pats replaced Milloy with Harrison who was an upgrade over Milloy. There will be no such upgrade of Moss.

Brandon Tate has speed. I don't know if it is Randy Moss speed. But I hope it is enough to atleast draw safety help.

Good post. I agree completely.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots CB Marcellas Dial’s Conference Call with the New England Media
So Far, Patriots Wolf Playing It Smart Through Five Rounds
Wolf, Patriots Target Chemistry After Adding WR Baker
Back