PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Trade Deadline

Status
Not open for further replies.
Same for Trey Flowers in Detroit. He’s been a disaster there.
He was pretty much on the field every down here.

There hes 60% of the snaps....for $90m

Interested to hear everyone’s thoughts: the Patriots trade a first round pick tomorrow. Who would you rather it be for, Howard or Trent Williams?

I would say Williams.

None of them obviously. No need to pay 10m on top of another pick for Williams with Wynn all but ready.

Similarly its laughable to ask for a first round pick if the player in question cant even get in the field.

That being said only absolute "geniuses" would not pick a young hybrid TE on a rookie deal in an absolute position of need over a 10m LT veteran on a team that just spend a first round pick on a LT.

Basic logic and economics at work.

He was pretty much on the field every down here.

There hes 60% of the snaps....for $90m
He finally did something yesterday late in the game against his former teammate Solder. He got 2 sacks.

None of them obviously. No need to pay 10m on top of another pick for Williams with Wynn all but ready.

Similarly its laughable to ask for a first round pick if the player in question cant even get in the field.

That being said only absolute "geniuses" would not pick a young hybrid TE on a rookie deal in an absolute position of need over a 10m LT veteran on a team that just spend a first round pick on a LT.

Basic logic and economics at work.
Someone is sassy today.

We will be getting one back shortly.
Yes but... My thing with the O-line is I think they are over rated because Brady gets rid of the ball so quickly. I think that is why their run game isn't very good and why they are struggling with the offense. I have no issue with adding a tight end, but I think an O-lineman would help them more.

What is the 8 game 2019 cap hit for Trent Williams?

What is the 8 game 2019 cap hit for Trent Williams?
9/17 of his salary and 8/16 of his per-game roster bonuses comes out to $5,869,118.

If we don't pony up a 1st for Howard...I'll see it as a failure. If we win the Super Bowl without him...then I won't.

The guy’s a freak of nature just basing on his numbers at the combine but I would love to see the type of routes he runs with tampa. Does he sell his routes well? A guy like that should be getting open more consistently.

If we don't pony up a 1st for Howard...I'll see it as a failure. If we win the Super Bowl without him...then I won't.
Yea thats pretty much where my head is at.

Unless if Howard is traded for a 1 and the pick is projected to be a mid 1st then I won't find fault with BB on that one.

Based on his production, contract situation (and talent) Howard is a late 1st/early 2nd tops.

The details looked confusing at overthecap. There is a large dead cap amount for 2019; I guess that is a salary guarantee.

Belichick could do this if he wanted. There is about $10M available in restructures, with no negotiation with players required.

9/17 of his salary and 8/16 of his per-game roster bonuses comes out to $5,869,118.

The guy’s a freak of nature just basing on his numbers at the combine but I would love to see the type of routes he runs with tampa. Does he sell his routes well? A guy like that should be getting open more consistently.
He seems like he gets open to me.

Howard is 6-5 250 and runs 4.5

do it BB

The team has lots of options. As always, the results will be determined by price and value.

We have $10M of restructures available. We also could extend players, but that is unlikely unless the contract is ready to go now.

Yea thats pretty much where my head is at.

Unless if Howard is traded for a 1 and the pick is projected to be a mid 1st then I won't find fault with BB on that one.

Based on his production, contract situation (and talent) Howard is a late 1st/early 2nd tops.

Best I would do is trading out first round pick for their second round pick. Plus some kind of sweetener on top.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo on the Rich Eisen Show From 5/2/24
Patriots News And Notes 5-5, Early 53-Man Roster Projection
New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes