PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Top 5 Tom Brady Playoff Games?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sorry, but if ones memory of Bill Belichick's Belistrator is akin to the memory of how Bob Sanders played in all the remaining weeks before the playoffs, then that's not saying much.

LOL! So I was right that Sanders played... and that it was a month before the playoffs started... AND that they sucked on run defense that day and it's my recall that's faulty?

What a hoot!

Don't bother responding. We've said our peace, time to move on.

There will always be a special place in my heart for the 2006 Chargers game. It's definitively one of his best. And he had 3 picks and a passer rating of 57.6.

I agree. That's probably one of my favorite games in Pats history. That deep throw on 3rd down he made to Reche Caldwell down the sideline is one of my favorite plays he's ever made, just a perfect clutch throw. He had 3 or 4 INTs but the Chargers had an insane pass rush, great secondary, and our receivers couldn't get separation to save their lives.

Here's the play:

I honestly think it's the best individual play of Brady's career. Factoring in the game situation, degree of difficulty on the throw, and ball placement being absolutely spot on.

Only Reche Caldwell can make that kind of play, keep his balance, and then lose it again 5-10 yds downfield after running a bit, to prevent him from the easy score--LOL.

There will always be a special place in my heart for the 2006 Chargers game. It's definitively one of his best. And he had 3 picks and a passer rating of 57.6.

If their DB just falls on the ball instead of trying to run with it, they win the game. Crazy. Couldn't believe it.

LOL! So I was right that Sanders played... and that it was a month before the playoffs started... AND that they sucked on run defense that day and it's my recall that's faulty?

What a hoot!

Don't bother responding. We've said our peace, time to move on.

I specifically used the word "ones" as opposed to "yours" because neither one of us remembered what really happened with Sanders playing time. Which is specifically why I asked for a link to your Belichick quote -- much like how you cited a link to Sanders game log. Likewise, I then provided a link to Dungy's recap for his opinion; which backs up my point.

Edit: And, no, you weren't right about Sanders playing time either. You initially claimed that he had no impact on KC or Balt, because he was back in action in the games heading into the playoffs. That was wrong. It was one game vs Ten, 4 weeks before the playoffs even began, 4 weeks after his last game (vs NE) too. So, that is not even close to what you initially claimed, and it blows a pretty severe hole in your initial claim.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing
Matthew Slater Set For New Role With Patriots