PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Top 5 most disappointing Patriots from 2020

1. Stidham - The Pats need to draft a QB and sign a FA QB.
2. Hoyer - No reason to keep him.
3. Asiasi - No help
4. Keene - No help
5. Wynn - Has landed on IR 3 years in a row.

I already knew that Harry is a Bust.

Cam is what we thought he was. A rushing QB. Supposedly, Cam shined in 9 games in a pass heavy system directed by Norv Turner.
Hoyer was fine as a QB3 imo. Good veteran presence who can help in practices and who should never take one snap in a live game unless there's a catastrophe at the QB position. I wasn't expecting much out of the TE's as rookies but hopefully they can show some progression next year. I think the Pats will still look to upgrade there.

Come to think of it I'll make Stidham #1 disappointment and Cam #2.

Not that I should have expected a lot from a 4th round draft pick - but we were led to believe Stid was this promising great young QB who the team loved in preseason last year and in camp... and all of a sudden the team believes he's not good enough to take the starters role over a guy who can't pass. Says it all. And not one of his appearances this year made me question that decision by the team.

Not one.

Was this guy really the plan post Brady? Yikes. I doubt he makes the roster next September.

Next time the team talks up a 4th or later round draft pick as the next great thing my expectations will be zero until I actually see results for myself on the field.
I still know that playing Scam instead of Stid at the end was extremely selfish and short-sighted, but yeah Stid sucks and I would now rather see what Jake Dolegala has to offer as a #3 behind a new vet and a new draft pick...Stid's merely a camp arm now and absolutely nothing more.

1. Harry - A new QB and who played with receivers of his skill set in Carolina and Harry was still just as crappy. Cam wasn’t great but Harry fell behind a journeyman new comer and an UDFA on the depth chart. I think he’s on the team next year but only because he’s cheap. I’d assume this will be his last ride barring any drastic improvement.

2. Cam - I didn’t think we would get 2015 Cam but I assumed he could throw a football. My assumption was wrong. His shoulder was shot and he can’t really run anymore either. His mechanics were terrible. His pocket awareness is nonexistent. His throws were erratic. By the end of the year some tiny glimpses of the old Cam seemed to creep out in his media sessions. That was about as much of the old Cam as we got.

3. Stidham - The fact that Bill was seemingly headed into 2020 with him as the starter (or Hoyer) is mind numbing. Bill’s biggest blunder of his career, as far as I’m concerned, was shoving Brady out the door with no plan at QB. Stidham couldn’t beat out a QB who produced one of the worst season’s for a starting QB I’ve seen in a long time. When Stidham did play in mop up duty he looked erratic and turnover prone.

3. Bill - I think he did a hell of a coaching job to get 7 wins from this team. With that being said he assembled the worst roster in the league. I’ve beaten it to death at this point with how poorly he’s drafted along with some of his questionable personnel moves so I won’t get into that again but we got to see this team without Brady. His 2020 draft class looks to be Pretty solid so hopefully he can shore up the QB position and continue to stock the roster with young talent.

4. Winovich - I was high on him coming into the year and even early this season but he seemed to solidify himself as a role player at best. I thought he had the athleticism and skills to be a real pass rusher but his inability to set the edge makes him a liability as a full time player. He also seems to still over pursue and let tackles basically allow him to run himself out of the play. He’s still a good player but just not what I was hoping he could become.

5. The rookie TEs - I thought just by default that they would produce at least something but that was not the case. Not only did they not produce they couldn’t even make the active roster half the time with no other options at TE. I don’t know how many times we went with one active TE but it seemed like more than once. I am hoping one of these two decides to show up next year but this year was a complete loss for them both.

Here's my list:

Stiddy - With how badly Cam played at times, I expected a full start or two during the season. Him not having a full start can only mean that the coaches really thought Cam gave us the best chance to win games. His injury in camp didn't help either...

Harry - Yeah, he missed two straight camps...and has only played in about 24 professional games...8 with Brady and 16 with Cam/Stiddy/Hoyer. Still, I expected something around 50 receptions on 70 targets this year...for maybe 500-600 yards. Just looked at his career stats: 45 rec, 414 yards, and 4 TD's. I didn't even bother to check the career stats for AJ Brown and DK Metcalf..... At this point, I am wondering why he isn't a TE? He's already blocking a lot...and seems to be pretty good at it though.

Rohwasser - The kid can't kick? Can he?

Just those three....otherwise, I felt that everyone else either gave it all that they had OR just didn't get chances to shine (e.g. James White was hurt by the lack of passing this year, Bentley was overmatched...but showed something, our DT's up front just weren't space eaters, JoeJuan was kinda a hybrid safety/CB who saw limited snaps because of a deep secondary, etc...).

Rohwasser - The kid can't kick? Can he?
What happened to this kid? More fcking drama with that damn tatoo? Is he still on the team? Is he replacing Folk? Is he being investigated by the internet police for a questionable sweatshirt? Another wasted pick?

1. Newton - for obvious reasons
2. Stidham - for not being better than 2020 Cam Newton
3. White - although a strong argument could be made that Cam was the reason
4. Asiasi - for not being better than Izzo
5. Bentley - unfortunately seems to be permanently affected by the rookie year injury and won't ever return to that form

I think it's fair to give 4 of the 5 to the offense. Harry could also definitely go up there, maybe over White. I just think our offense really, really missed the steady 60 rec for 500 yards we previously could rely on White to provide every year. Like I said though, hard to blame him for not catching passes that weren't really coming close to him.

What happened to this kid? More fcking drama with that damn tatoo? Is he still on the team? Is he replacing Folk? Is he being investigated by the internet police for a questionable sweatshirt? Another wasted pick?
He just sucks at kicking, it seems.

1. Bill Belichick the GM
2. Our Chief WR Scout
3. Tight End Scouts
4. Nick Caserio draft day
5. Josh McDaniels talent evaluating

the least talented offense I have watched in nfl history

Wasted pick.

This is where Anfernee Jennings deserved to be drafted...or Dalton Keene, if not AssyAssy himself...or perhaps a WR for once during this draft, such as Tyler Johnson, Donovan Peoples-Jones...or Darnell Mooney (kudos to BGC for alerting us to him in the weeks leading up to the draft)...

Last edited:
Thread full of people bashing the offensive skill players and the coaches yet expect Cam to have an above average/pro bowl year. Hmm, seems like a lot of people are talking in circles contradicting themselves. No TEs, No WRs and the expectations are to throw for 300+ and 2+ Tds a game. He's also the only QB that I can remember having to learn his offense on the fly during the regular season. That's NEVER been done before in the superbowl era it's really funny how people brush that aside like it was "no big deal."

The offense was in shambles pretty much all year starting with Edleman going out since week 3-4 (after putting up his best game of his professional career in just week 2). No TEs to speak of. Multiple different lineup changes due to injuries on the OL,James White has clearly lost a step as a pass catching RB. And Cam still put up 20 TDs and ~3300 yards in this offense while completing 65% of his passes. He wasnt perfect by any means but he deserves more credit than he's given on this forum.

But I get it, it's just easier to blame Cam for all of the issues and the offenses/teams shortcomings rather than admitting this was not a good team from the get go (league high in opt outs) and probably the main reason Tom jumped ship. Even the defense was awful this year.

Last edited:
Thread full of people bashing the offensive skill players and the coaches yet expect Cam to have an above average/pro bowl year. Hmm, seems like a lot of people are talking in circles contradicting themselves. No TEs, No WRs and the expectations are to throw for 300+ and 2+ Tds a game. He's also the only QB that I can remember having to learn his offense on the fly during the regular season. That's NEVER been done before in the superbowl era it's really funny how people brush that aside like it was "no big deal."

The offense was in shambles pretty much all year starting with Edleman going out since week 3-4 (after putting up his best game of his professional career in just week 2). No TEs to speak of. Multiple different lineup changes due to injuries on the OL, James White has clearly lost a step as a pass catching RB. And Cam still put up 20 TDs and ~3300 yards in this offense while completing 65% of his passes. He wasnt perfect by any means but he deserves more credit than he's given on this forum.

But I get it, it's just easier to blame Cam for all of the issues and the offenses/teams shortcomings rather than admitting this was not a good team from the get go (league high in opt outs) and probably the main reason Tom jumped ship. Even the defense was awful this year.
Cant sucked too; that is Inarguable...as did admittedly the WRs & especially the TEs...but blaming Sweet Feet - even partially - for the Suckiness of the offense just ain't right...

This is where Anfernee Jennings deserved to be drafted...or Dalton Keene, if not AssyAssy himself...or perhaps a WR for once during this draft, such as Tyler Johnson, Donovan Peoples-Jones...or Darnell Mooney (kudos to BGC for alerting us to him in the weeks leading up to the draft)...

mooney would have been nice. No let’s draft some white supremacist kicker who can’t even kick!

No idea....but we brought in Aguayo....he signed a futures contract a few weeks back....

Folk has been great for us this year, but I'd like a guy with some more leg power....

1. Bentley...just wow. made me miss elandon etc.
2. Harry....pathetic production.
3.rookie kicker....wasted a pick. at least folk was great.
4.Cam.. he came in under tough circumstances but throwing 10 yards to the rb accurately shouldn't be that hard
5. Derek Rivers...Our defense was horrible at times and he still managed to get cut in favor of guys like Bowser etc. Wow.

No idea....but we brought in Aguayo....he signed a futures contract a few weeks back....

Folk has been great for us this year, but I'd like a guy with some more leg power....
So do I, and that make the signing of Bobby A even more strange...

Newton

Harry

Bentley

*James White - Not his fault, Newton can’t throw any pass less than 10 yards.

Uche-I was hoping for more from him.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
Back