PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Top 10 Patriots of of the 2016 regular season

Status
Not open for further replies.

BobDigital

Pro Bowl Player
Reaction score
#1 Tom Brady. You are so surprised!

#2 Marcus Cannon. He was snubbed for the probowl. One of the best OL men this year bar none.

#3 Malcolm Butler. On the whole our best defensive player this year. His 2nd half in particular was outstanding.

#4 Devin McCourty. The Pats gave up maybe 1-2 40+ yard plays this year and neither was his fault. When the Pats are beat over the top McCourty is never the cause. Made huge plays for us as well at taking away the over the top stuff.

#5 Nate Solder. Cannon has gotten all the attention and for reason but Solder has been unfairly forgotten at times. Maybe his best year as a Patriot.

#6 Martellus Bennett. 2nd in yards and 1st in receiving TDs is great. Also has been a good run blocking and played through injury. Dude is a warrior and if he was not year the Gronk loss may be a deal breaker for a SB win.

#7 Julien Edelman. Played all 16 games with 1100 yards. Really has looked healthy recently.

#8 Dont'e Hightower. Injuries knocked him a bit low but has had a very good year and done his job well. You notice what is missing when he is not in there more than what he brings when he is in.

#9 Trey Flowers. Even with mostly playing just half a season I can't leave him off. Dude has had a monstrous impact and given the team a legit pass rush option.

#10 Alan Branch. What a year he is having. The Pats have one of the best run Ds in the NFL and he is the biggest reason why. His year is going under stated sadly but he has been a force and help make teams one dimensional.

HMs

Blount. Hard to leave a guy with 18 rushing TDs off the list. However that 3.9 YPA average knocks him down. He has broken a few great runs and is very hard to stop in short yardage but he has been inconsistent and at times seems slow. The 18 TDs is a function of the offense more than him being a great RB but still he needs mention as he has had a very good year.

Chung. Silently still one of the best SS in the NFL. nearly lead the team in tackles and rarely didn't do well what he was asked to.

Slater. Of course he was great but other guys had more impact due to position so he gets knocked down a bit.

1 - Brady
2 - Branch
3 - Blount
4 - Bennett
5 - Butler
6 - Cannon
7 - Edelman
8 - Flowers
9 - Lewis
10 - Hightower

Blount. Hard to leave a guy with 18 rushing TDs off the list. However that 3.9 YPA average knocks him down. He has broken a few great runs and is very hard to stop in short yardage but he has been inconsistent and at times seems slow. The 18 TDs is a function of the offense more than him being a great RB but still he needs mention as he has had a very good year.

I'd put Blount + Devlin on the list together. Both have been goal line beasts. They are both individually and together a valuable offensive weapon.

Blount has provided some beastly runs this season.

LeGarrette Blount takes on entire Cardinals defense on touchdown run (<<Link to Video)
upload_2017-1-2_14-33-28.png

German announcers call LeGarrette Blount's 1-yard TD (<<Link to Video)

Not sure where I'd rank them, not in the top 10 but honorable mention for sure, but Thuney and Ryan Allen are two others I'd like to submit for consideration.

I agree with BobDigital about Chung also, this guy has really turned out to be an excellent contributor in his second stint. It's really interesting to me to contrast how the Pats have done generally quite well with bringing in guys at safety with the amount of disappointing acquisitions at corner.

Jules makes the offense go..top 3

Its been a solid team effort this year. Just imagine we had Gronk right now.. we are already favored to win the Super Bowl without one of the best TE's to ever play in the NFL.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing
Matthew Slater Set For New Role With Patriots