PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Too Much To Overcome, Its Over... Sorry Brady.

Status
Not open for further replies.

LightSkinSmurf

In the Starting Line-Up
Reaction score
qVlBmtz.jpg

Nice ! Can u make it though with 3 td's ? 25 points

Hey Rodgah, watch this......

During a game? It's lemon water.

During a game? It's lemon water.
I read somewhere he drinks this low sugar, low salt disgusting concoction loaded with all kinds of minerals and nutrients

I read somewhere he drinks this low sugar, low salt disgusting concoction loaded with all kinds of minerals and nutrients

Sweat is roughly salt water, so low salt would be bad.

Sweat is roughly salt water, so low salt would be bad.

Thats the conventional line of thinking. We are talking about TB12 here.

His drink is a lemon-flavored concoction with a ****load of electrolytes.

As a rule of thumb, the human body should only consume and process 1500mg of sodium a day.

I'm sure he gets that from other sources during the day and doesn't see a need to add to it as he some some logic behind it.

Brady did it by opening the 8 gates.

Thats the conventional line of thinking. We are talking about TB12 here.

His drink is a lemon-flavored concoction with a ****load of electrolytes.

As a rule of thumb, the human body should only consume and process 1500mg of sodium a day.

I'm sure he gets that from other sources during the day and doesn't see a need to add to it as he some some logic behind it.

I would imagine that the above recommended sodium intake would be adjusted for an athlete like Brady who is sweating a fair amount during the game.

I would imagine that the above recommended sodium intake would be adjusted for an athlete like Brady who is sweating a fair amount during the game.

Perhaps. I'm not a expert on the topic. That is what I heard. That does not mean TB12 has a low-salt diet.

We all know TB12 has a very unique training regimen and how he cares for his body. I can see him "salt-loading" and using the drinks during games with low-salt to ensure he doesn't get below a certain level of salt in his bloodstream but also to make sure he doesn't "spike" above what he thinks he needs already.

Interesting enough, there have been some studies done in which "salt-loading" several hours before heavy-duty physical activity was more optimal from a performance standpoint than consuming it right before or during rigorous activity.

Maybe he does this?

Timing of Intake
Interestingly, the studies showing the greatest beneficial impact of salt on exercise have involved sodium loading before exercise instead of sodium intake during exercise. Another group of New Zealand researchers found that when runners consumed a highly concentrated sodium beverage prior running to exhaustion at 70 percent of VO2max in a hot environment, they maintained a higher blood volume, lower core body temperature and lower level of perceived exertion than when they consumed a low-sodium beverage before running. It’s tough to know what to make of this result, though, since no fluid was consumed during the runs.

The Straight Dope on Salt

Salt and athletes: Shake it or leave it? | ACTIVE

http://health.usnews.com/health-new...5/03/20/is-salt-the-newest-workout-supplement

I think after he retires he'll have the biggest sugar addiction ever. Tom will be doing lines of the white stuff, Giselle will have to stage an intervention gonna be ugly.

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes