PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Toney for Harry anybody?

DW Toys

In the Starting Line-Up
Reaction score
Why not! Tie some incentives to him reading the "dang" playbook. Might be a better WR than what we can get at #21.

Thoughts?
DW Toys

Why are the Giants so wiling to part with a 1st-rounder only in his second year?

Something doesn't compute.

Toney is a Florida man through and through. He's put himself in some bad situations in the past. Unbelievable skill set but he's a little bit of a nut. Plus he looks promising. Why in the world would NYG do that?

Seriously DW if you're not including the breakfast menu from the Toy household keep the thread in the drafts.

I'd be surprised if anyone gave us more than a 6th for him considering he's on thin ice and another signing away from being cut.

Trading Harry and Toney straight up has no chance of happening. As far as Toneys motivation concerns go, Bill has someone on staff who can give him all the information he needs.

Why not! Tie some incentives to him reading the "dang" playbook. Might be a better WR than what we can get at #21.

Thoughts?
DW Toys
We’d have to throw in 3 1st rounders….

All kidding aside, I expect Harry to be an august cut.

This is a sincere question: do you factor in how likely the other team is to agree to any trade at all?

A lot of negative things have been reported on Toney’s time with the Giants, and I imagine Judge has about five examples that we don’t know about for each one that has been made public.

According to Leonard, “There was some internal momentum for bailing on Toney during his tumultuous rookie season a year ago. His commitment came into question behind the scenes during his rookie year due to lack of playbook study, poor meeting behavior and frequent injuries.”

I’m going to go out on a limb and say that Judge is unlikely to recommend Toney to Bill, despite some elite traits.

According to Leonard, “There was some internal momentum for bailing on Toney during his tumultuous rookie season a year ago. His commitment came into question behind the scenes during his rookie year due to lack of playbook study, poor meeting behavior and frequent injuries.”

I’m going to go out on a limb and say that Judge is unlikely to recommend Toney to Bill, despite some elite traits.

Yeah he won’t get along with Judge, who would be coaching him on offense

I'm not saying this isn't true but never under estimate a team actively trying to bury a player who has made it clear he doesn't want to play for them.

Thoughts?
DW Toys
James Toney? I’d rather Randy Coture. Neal proved Greco translates well to line play.

According to Leonard, “There was some internal momentum for bailing on Toney during his tumultuous rookie season a year ago. His commitment came into question behind the scenes during his rookie year due to lack of playbook study, poor meeting behavior and frequent injuries.

Sounds like he exemplifies all the character traits prized highly by the Patriots. As a counter-example. I can’t see it, unless maybe if he can be cut with zero cost and no cap hit.

Personally, I’d trade Harry for a frozen Tony’s pizza.

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back