PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Tomorrow night is for 1st place in the AFC

lol.. don't forget you face Tom Brady next week.

Leonardo Dicaprio Lol GIF
Lol

Underrated perspective: if the Bills lose, they’re in seventh in the AFC with five teams within a game of them. If they then lose to Tampa, they may be coming to Gillette fighting for their postseason lives, rather than a first round bye.
My thoughts too. Bills are on their way to irrelevancy tonight. Brady finishes them next week.

So much wrong in the thread title. Lol

Underrated perspective: if the Bills lose, they’re in seventh in the AFC with five teams within a game of them. If they then lose to Tampa, they may be coming to Gillette fighting for their postseason lives, rather than a first round bye.

You’re right.

The race is tight this year and 1 game could potentially be the difference between 1st in the AFC and 7th.

My thoughts too. Bills are on their way to irrelevancy tonight. Brady finishes them next week.

Goes both ways though.

If Patriots lose tonight, they drop from 1st to 5th.

And if they lose to a desperate and fighting Colts team the next week they play, the Patriots drop from 5th to out of the playoffs.

Goes both ways though.

And if they lose to a desperate and fighting Colts team the next week they play, the Patriots drop from 5th to out of the playoffs.
I agree with this. I think the winner tonight GREATLY benefits. I still see NE as less desperate, since they are on a decent winning streak and the rebuilding has just begun after a dismantling in 2020. Buffalo should be in ‘win now’ mode, and a loss could be a blow.

The weather & wind a wildcard there ? Folk has been nothing short of amazing, but big weather doesn’t care much about that…

Goes both ways though.

Sure. There is that scenario but honestly, the Bills have been a helter skelter team with Allen being wildly inconsistent. The Pats have been the best team in football over the last month and a half. I mean sure it is possible, anything is possible, but very unlikely IMO. My prediction is the Bills crater tonight and are finished off Sunday by Brady/Bucs and the Pats take care of a Colts team that has a QB that loves to throws picks and fumble the ball.

Sure. There is that scenario but honestly, the Bills have been a helter skelter team with Allen being wildly inconsistent. The Pats have been the best team in football over the last month and a half. I mean sure it is possible, anything is possible, but very unlikely IMO. My prediction is the Bills crater tonight and are finished off Sunday by Brady/Bucs and the Pats take care of a Colts team that has a QB that loves to throws picks and fumble the ball.

In what universe has Allen been inconsistent? Feels like some of you just say things,
not considering whether they are accurate or not.

His last 6 games:

82%, 4 TD’s, 2 INT
60%, 3 TD’s, 2 INT (1 deflected)
75%, 2 TD’s, 1 INT
66%, 0 TD, 2 INT**
69%, 3 TD, 0 INT
74%, 3 TD, 1 INT

Outside of the one outlier game** where he had 0 TD , he has been 60% or higher passing with 2-3 TD’s per game.

Let’s remove that one game just for example purposes, since one game can’t be what makes you inconsistent:

82%, 4 TD’s, 2 INT
75%, 2 TD’s, 1 INT
69%, 3 TD, 0 INT
74%, 3 TD, 1 INT

How much more consistent could you get?

He is on pace for 67%, 4700 yards, 43 TD’s, 15 INT’s and has the 2nd highest odds to win MVP too.

Not really sure why our resident Jills troll is on here. Is it to heckle us, or to validate his own doubts?

In what universe has Allen been inconsistent?

His last 6 games:

82%, 4 TD’s, 2 INT
75%, 2 TD’s, 1 INT
66%, 0 TD, 2 INT**
69%, 3 TD, 0 INT
74%, 3 TD, 1 INT

Outside of the one outlier game** where he had 0 TD , he has been 60% or higher passing with 2-3 TD’s per game.

Let’s remove that one game just for example purposes, since one game can’t be what makes you inconsistent:

82%, 4 TD’s, 2 INT
75%, 2 TD’s, 1 INT
69%, 3 TD, 0 INT
74%, 3 TD, 1 INT

He has the 2nd highest odds to win MVP too.
What do you see when you watch him play? I see a guy that has lost confidence compared to last year. Bad Allen has showed up much more this year than last year but the run game has really helped him out. I think your defense may be the best the Pats have faced so that will be a challenge but I don't trust Allen in this game. Not one bit vs the Pats D especially with the conditions. This is supposed to be the Bill's time, right? Brady gone, Pats rebuilding and boom, here we are entering the game as the #1 seed. ALL the pressure IMO is on the Bills and your team tends to crater when that happens especially vs us.

Not really sure why our resident Jills troll is on here. Is it to heckle us, or to validate his own doubts?
A little of both I think. I don't mind though. This is really a must win for the Bills at home to try to show that last year was a not a fluke because we were resetting our team.

Yeah, according to a new espn+ article released this morning (paywall), they are the most inconsistent team since at least 1983.

What do you see when you watch him play? I see a guy that has lost confidence compared to last year. Bad Allen has showed up much more this year than last year but the run game has really helped him out. I think your defense may be the best the Pats have faced so that will be a challenge but I don't trust Allen in this game. Not one bit vs the Pats D especially with the conditions. This is supposed to be the Bill's time, right? Brady gone, Pats rebuilding and boom, here we are entering the game as the #1 seed. ALL the pressure IMO is on the Bills and your team tends to crater when that happens especially vs us.

I am flabbergasted by your opinion.

You see a guy that has lost confidence?

He is on pace for 67%, 4700 yards, 43 TD’s, 15 INT’s and has the 2nd highest odds to win MVP!!

What games are you watching? My only guess is that you watched the Jacksonville game and nothing else. You could probably call the team inconsistent, but not Allen.

Yeah, according to a new espn+ article released this morning (paywall), they are the most inconsistent team since at least 1983.

Thats funny. Just as you were posting that, I wrote at the same time “you can probably call the team inconsistent, but not Allen”.

I am flabbergasted by your opinion.

You see a guy that has lost confidence?

He is on pace for 67%, 4700 yards, 43 TD’s, 15 INT’s and has the 2nd highest odds to win MVP!!

What games are you watching? My only guess is that you watched the Jacksonville game and nothing else. You could probably call the team inconsistent, but not Allen.
It is not just my opinion. Pretty much every analyst out there has said the same thing. Most of his stats are from piling on bad teams. So no, I really don't see the same QB as last year except for when he played KC. He was special in that game. But really the Bills have been a disappointment, haven't they? I mean we started out 2-4. You should have been running away with the division but bad losses to the Jags and Steelers and getting your doors blown off by Indy have you fighting for the division and potentially a playoff spot if you lose tonight and next week vs the Bucs.

Honestly, I have nothing against team as I dislike the Fins and Jets way more than you guys and I will gladly eat crow come tomorrow if you beat us tonight but I see your team teetering pretty badly and this match up with us could not have come at a worse time. We are playing lights out.

In what universe has Allen been inconsistent? Feels like some of you just say things,
not considering whether they are accurate or not.

His last 6 games:

82%, 4 TD’s, 2 INT
75%, 2 TD’s, 1 INT
66%, 0 TD, 2 INT**
69%, 3 TD, 0 INT
74%, 3 TD, 1 INT

82%, 4 TD’s, 2 INT
75%, 2 TD’s, 1 INT
69%, 3 TD, 0 INT
74%, 3 TD, 1 INT

He is on pace for 67%, 4700 yards, 43 TD’s, 15 INT’s and has the 2nd highest odds to win MVP too.
The % is great, but throwing 2 picks a game is horrendous.

It is not just my opinion. Pretty much every analyst out there has said the same thing. Most of his stats are from piling on bad teams. So no, I really don't see the same QB as last year except for when he played KC. He was special in that game. But really the Bills have been a disappointment, haven't they? I mean we started out 2-4. You should have been running away with the division but bad losses to the Jags and Steelers and getting your doors blown off by Indy have you fighting for the division and potentially a playoff spot if you lose tonight and next week vs the Bucs.

No offense, but this is exactly what Brady has been doing all year...

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
Back