PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Tom Curran: Sources made 'clear to me' decision to move on from Belichick made after Germany game

Just read Washington is firing Rivera and most of the front office?
Another landing spot for Bill?

I'm an outsider. But if J. Kraft was the owner, I for sure think Bill would be gone. I don't get the sense he is afraid of making very tough decisions. Not that Robert is. But I think Robert has more loyalty to Bill.

I'm an outsider. But if J. Kraft was the owner, I for sure think Bill would be gone. I don't get the sense he is afraid of making very tough decisions. Not that Robert is. But I think Robert has more loyalty to Bill.
Old guys firing other old guys is an admission that they are mortal.

Remember when Cowboys HC Tom Landry was unceremoniously dumped at age 63 by new owner Jerry Jones? Now we're hearing rumours of fossil Jerry Jones hiring Belichick just like he hired Parcells.

70 is the new 40.

What do you base you insight into Jonathan Kraft and his decision making on?

How long ago was this?

Sounds too well spoken to be a recent Kraft chat. Don’t get me wrong, I love the guy, but with age he can’t seem to produce coherent sentences these days.
Long time ago. During the dynasty.

Wozzy all last summer: The Patriots are going to be better than last year, you all are just negative Nancy's who don't understand football and complain about everything. I'm so much smarter than all of you.

Wozzy now that the Patriots have 3 wins going into the middle of December: The Patriots are actually a good team, Mac is just the worst QB who ever existed and once we fix him we will be back to being contenders. You all are just negative Nancy's who don't understand football and complain about everything. I'm so much smarter than all of you.
Turns out, even us negative Nancys were optimists. I predicted 6 wins which was a crazy overreach

I love Gilmore. That's a good battle right there. Love a contentious DB/WR fight.
Gilmore was in a position to get a deal way beyond what the team had in mind for the defensive backfield cap hit. The Patriots replaced him with an outstanding group of young corners.

The offensive line is where the Patriots failed to put the money into veterans during that time period.

Gilmore was in a position to get a deal way beyond what the team had in mind for the defensive backfield cap hit. The Patriots replaced him with an outstanding group of young corners.

The offensive line is where the Patriots failed to put the money into veterans during that time period.

I share your appreciation for our current backfield, definitely. Just simply stating: Gilmore is one of my favorite players I've had the pleasure of watching, regardless of uniform. Just super consistent.

Who would've thought this is how the dynasty ends.

First pushing Brady out by not wanting to pay him what he deserves. Then Bill takes the ship down the tubes to possibly a 3-14 season and is fired.

In an alternate universe we draft AJ brown, the report never comes out about Antonio brown and Brady and Bill ride out into the sunset together. With Bill beating Shula's record who knows maybe another Superbowl appearance.

New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Back