PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Tom Curran really has lost it since his binkie Brady left (implies to Agholor he either needs to re-do his deal or get cut)

JMC00

Pro Bowl Player
Reaction score

I don't care if it was polite reporters shouldn't be asking players about their current contract/cap situation in that way. Curran basically telling him "you're **** and don't deserve the contract" And anyone that is gonna come with the "he's overpaid" he was not overpaid based on the market he was in go look at everyone else that got deals, all the people that wanted Corey Davis, Curtis Samuel or Will Fuller go look at what they got and their production. Then go look at what Christian Kirk did last season in Arizona and look at what he got and then go look at what Agholor did in Oakland the season before the Pats. People just ass hurt because they want to put his cap hit on why JC "I can't stop the 1 guy I need to but pay me because 6 of my 8 INTs were against Zach Wilson, Sam Darnold and Trevor Lawrence" Jackson.

But Curran this dude is in underground bunker, tin foil hat tier since Brady left. The way he was talking during the draft sounded like a guy that had just lost all the hope in the world and then Belichick ran over his dog

Last edited:
Mac was a rookie, Agholor's numbers didn't get cut in half from 2020 to 2021 because he lost half his talent.

He's on a one year deal now, if he and Mac still don't click in year two he's gone.

Curran definitely started rooting for Bill to fail once Brady left, there was an opportunity for comeuppance for all the times Bill was short or gruff with him and his media pals.

I don't care if it was polite reporters shouldn't be asking players about their current contract/cap situation. Curran basically telling him "you're **** and don't deserve the contract" And anyone that is gonna come with the "he's overpaid" he was not overpaid based on the market he was in go look at everyone else that got deals, all the people that wanted Corey Davis, Curtis Samuel or Will Fuller go look at what they got and their production. Then go look at what Christian Kirk did last season in Arizona and look at what he got and then go look at what Agholor did in Oakland the season before the Pats. People just ass hurt because they want to put his cap hit on why JC "I can't stop the 1 guy I need to but pay me because 6 of my 8 INTs were against Zach Wilson, Sam Darnold and Trevor Lawrence" Jackson.

But Curran this dude is in underground bunker, tin foil hat tier since Brady left. The way he was talking during the draft sounded like a guy that had just lost all the hope in the world and that Belichick ran over his dog

So why are you putting this here and not in a Tweet responding to him?

I don't care if it was polite reporters shouldn't be asking players about their current contract/cap situation in that way. Curran basically telling him "you're **** and don't deserve the contract" And anyone that is gonna come with the "he's overpaid" he was not overpaid based on the market he was in go look at everyone else that got deals, all the people that wanted Corey Davis, Curtis Samuel or Will Fuller go look at what they got and their production. Then go look at what Christian Kirk did last season in Arizona and look at what he got and then go look at what Agholor did in Oakland the season before the Pats. People just ass hurt because they want to put his cap hit on why JC "I can't stop the 1 guy I need to but pay me because 6 of my 8 INTs were against Zach Wilson, Sam Darnold and Trevor Lawrence" Jackson.

But Curran this dude is in underground bunker, tin foil hat tier since Brady left. The way he was talking during the draft sounded like a guy that had just lost all the hope in the world and then Belichick ran over his dog

Curran has passed his "sell by" date. I used to read him first. Now I seldom read him because I'm sick of his whiny, negative approach. He is fully into asking "gotcha" questions to show how bold and smart he is. More like offensive and embarrassing.

I'll give Curran's podcast a listen too now and then mostly because his sidekick Phil Perry is worth listening too.
Curran, on the other hand, just mails it in.
His memory recall is terrible. "I can't remember his name" is a common theme.
His lack of knowledge regarding Patriot player salary cap money demonstrates his level of laziness.
Then there's his cutesy lingo only a 'try hard' who needs a schtick to set himself apart would use..
Last week he wanted to know Perry's "firm rating" on NE's draftees.
"Firm rating" ? Huh
Was he asking what kind of boner rigidity it brought Phil?
You could feel Perry's cringe when asked the stupid question.
Curran would have been the perfect lounge lizard extra in a Burt Reynolds flick in the 70's.
Bad hair, shirt unbuttoned to the naval, admiring his chest hair in the mirror

Regarding Agholor I went back and watched those good seasons he had including the year the Eagles beat us in he SB bowl. Agholor is not a bad wide-receiver and seemed like he was well on his way in being very good thus the Patriots contract. Agholor was a beast with Carson Wentz :rolleyes: and really came into his own with David Carr. He has the ability to threaten the intermediate to deep parts of the field he consistently did that with Wentz and even more so with Carr thus the Patriots contract. The Patriots Offense with a Rookie QB who was somewhat handcuffed held Agholor back too. I think Agholor can play all three WR spots we should be much better on the outsides and in the middle in 2022. Parker - Bourne- Agholor - Thornton and Meyers in that order is a very good group. Baring injuries there is not much room in the Inn @ WR. Unless somebody come out of the woodworks and have a all world TC That's the Five I see going forward.

Whether you like Curran or not, this is a totally legitimate question for a reporter.
And if he clicks with Mac in year two we could see a possible extension based on age and familiarity. :cool: I have changed my tune on Agholor really hope he shows his stuff good health to all.

He should bring his number down to $10M or just shy of that.

Agholor, Smith, Godsmack and Wise are overpaid.

I dont mind Curran at all, Perry is pretty knowledgeable too. I think the questions he asks are pretty fair. It may seem more negative recently because they are simply worse than they used to be.

He’s well connected to the team

His connection left when Brady did. It's the same thing with Dan Shaughnessy and Ron Borges, they were Bledsoe guys and then Belichick binned him so there was nothing left stopping them from ripping everything the team did. I mean they already pretty much at that point were ripping everything Belichick did.

Curran's take about this draft reminds me of Borges' take on the '01 draft

CfS8klIUkAAhSnA

Last edited:
Regarding Agholor I went back and watched those good seasons he had including the year the Eagles beat us in he SB bowl. Agholor is not a bad wide-receiver and seemed like he was well on his way in being very good thus the Patriots contract. Agholor was a beast with Carson Wentz :rolleyes: and really came into his own with David Carr. He has the ability to threaten the intermediate to deep parts of the field he consistently did that with Wentz and even more so with Carr thus the Patriots contract. The Patriots Offense with a Rookie QB who was somewhat handcuffed held Agholor back too. I think Agholor can play all three WR spots we should be much better on the outsides and in the middle in 2022. Parker - Bourne- Agholor - Thornton and Meyers in that order is a very good group. Baring injuries there is not much room in the Inn @ WR. Unless somebody come out of the woodworks and have a all world TC That's the Five I see going forward.
The reality is that agholors 2021 season was affected by:
1) He often runs routes that are slower developing.
2) Mac clearly, consistently gave up on slower developing routes to check down. It worked out ok for a rookie, but is probably the #1 area he can and hopefully will improve in 2022.
3) we had early season OL issues which exacerbated 2

None of this means that Agholor would have shined if these issue didn’t occur, but it means these issues, to a large degree prevented him from shining if he could/would have.

His connection left when Brady did. It's the same thing with Dan Shaughnessy and Ron Borges, they were Bledsoe guys and then Belichick binned him so there was nothing left stopping them from ripping everything the team did. I mean they already pretty much at that point were ripping everything Belichick did.

Curran's take about this draft reminds me of Borges' take on the '01 draft

CfS8klIUkAAhSnA
Curran has been well connected to many players and others in the organization. It wasn’t just Brady.

In terms of the draft, we’ll see. Hopefully it’s a good draft. I like the fact that Curran will take a position though. Reiss is nice, but he’s basically a mouthpiece for the team. Id rather have someone say what they feel, even if I don’t agree with them 100% of the time.

He should bring his number down to $10M or just shy of that.

Agholor, Smith, Godsmack and Wise are overpaid.
No he shouldn't.

The only reason the CAP hit is 15 this year is because it was 6 last year.

The idea that players should give money back is...well, no.

The Patriots' have no leverage here - are they going to cut him and eat $10m? Fine, he'll sign somewhere else for more than $5m and increase his earnings. Agholor should just put his head down and keep working.

And Godchaux had the most snaps at a difficult and punishing position last year. 7.5/year is nowhere near big money for an interior DL.

Smith needs to play better. So far, seems like he realizes that, and maybe with a QB who's no longer a rookie and an offense that features two TEs instad of a FB, he'll actually get more chances (and maybe half his big plays won't get called back on ticky-tack holding penalties).

No he shouldn't.

The only reason the CAP hit is 15 this year is because it was 6 last year.

The idea that players should give money back is...well, no.

The Patriots' have no leverage here - are they going to cut him and eat $10m? Fine, he'll sign somewhere else for more than $5m and increase his earnings. Agholor should just put his head down and keep working.

And Godchaux had the most snaps at a difficult and punishing position last year. 7.5/year is nowhere near big money for an interior DL.

Smith needs to play better. So far, seems like he realizes that, and maybe with a QB who's no longer a rookie and an offense that features two TEs instad of a FB, he'll actually get more chances (and maybe half his big plays won't get called back on ticky-tack holding penalties).
Yeah your right. It’s not the player’s fault they accepted what the team was offering. The Pats only option is to trade Agholor and eat the $5M dead money. But who’s going to trade for a guy that was buried on a depth chart of a sub par WR corps in 2021? Our only hope is that he takes a year 2 jump and starts opposite of Parker.

Godsmack I never cared for and was bad in Miami.

Smith needs to play better, but he was used pretty poorly last year.

Curran has been well connected to many players and others in the organization. It wasn’t just Brady.

In terms of the draft, we’ll see. Hopefully it’s a good draft. I like the fact that Curran will take a position though. Reiss is nice, but he’s basically a mouthpiece for the team. Id rather have someone say what they feel, even if I don’t agree with them 100% of the time.
Curran was there before 2000, People who just write off a guy whos been in the locker room that long doesnt make sense to me

Curran has his marching orders just like everyone else in media. It's an echo chamber.

It's also a symptom of being a (primarily) one sport journalist during that sport's offseason. He has to take a first round guard storyline and these fluff interviews happening before anyone has even put on a jersey and stretch them into three months of "content". Much easier to do that with controversy than with things like, "Maybe Agholor does better in year 2, and maybe he doesn't. We'll have to wait and see!"

Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing
Matthew Slater Set For New Role With Patriots
Back