PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Tom Curran really has lost it since his binkie Brady left (implies to Agholor he either needs to re-do his deal or get cut)

"Time to musk up.
For this podcast, my fans get a special cologne ......."Tom E".......my signature scent, made with actuals bits of Tom E Curran chest hair.
Sixty percent of the time it works every time."

1652376849159.png

Regarding Agholor I went back and watched those good seasons he had including the year the Eagles beat us in he SB bowl. Agholor is not a bad wide-receiver and seemed like he was well on his way in being very good thus the Patriots contract. Agholor was a beast with Carson Wentz :rolleyes: and really came into his own with David Carr. He has the ability to threaten the intermediate to deep parts of the field he consistently did that with Wentz and even more so with Carr thus the Patriots contract. The Patriots Offense with a Rookie QB who was somewhat handcuffed held Agholor back too. I think Agholor can play all three WR spots we should be much better on the outsides and in the middle in 2022. Parker - Bourne- Agholor - Thornton and Meyers in that order is a very good group. Baring injuries there is not much room in the Inn @ WR. Unless somebody come out of the woodworks and have a all world TC That's the Five I see going forward.
I remember being impressed by Agholor when I first saw him with the Eagles. I don't remember him much after that but I'm happy the Pats got him. Give him some time and he could be good here.

What's to explain? He's spent the last few years criticizing every move Belichick makes.
Does that mean he cant have that opinion though? The team hasnt been that great the last few years, not like its illogical to lean towards negative depending what the topic was

Like him or not, Curran is right about one thing - Agholor was overpaid for his production. 11m per year for less than 500 yards? He needs to step it up this year or he's as good as gone. In fact many speculated that Agholor is on the way out with the drafting of Tyquan Thornton.

Does that mean he cant have that opinion though? The team hasnt been that great the last few years, not like its illogical to lean towards negative depending what the topic was
I've watched him for 20 years. His reporting and his behavior has changed sharply. There's a reason his takes are closer to Felger hot takes than Phil Perry's stuff. You're free to have your own opinion, that's mine.

Like him or not, Curran is right about one thing - Agholor was overpaid for his production. 11m per year for less than 500 yards? He needs to step it up this year or he's as good as gone. In fact many speculated that Agholor is on the way out with the drafting of Tyquan Thornton.
???

So, unless he performs in 2022, the patriots won't re-sign FREE AGENT Agholor? The patriots won't franchise him, so he is on his contract year. The patriots have no more right to him for 2023 than any other team. Threatening that unless he shapes up the patriots won't try to re-sign him is sort of an irrelevant statement.

I don't care if it was polite reporters shouldn't be asking players about their current contract/cap situation in that way. Curran basically telling him "you're **** and don't deserve the contract" And anyone that is gonna come with the "he's overpaid" he was not overpaid based on the market he was in go look at everyone else that got deals, all the people that wanted Corey Davis, Curtis Samuel or Will Fuller go look at what they got and their production. Then go look at what Christian Kirk did last season in Arizona and look at what he got and then go look at what Agholor did in Oakland the season before the Pats. People just ass hurt because they want to put his cap hit on why JC "I can't stop the 1 guy I need to but pay me because 6 of my 8 INTs were against Zach Wilson, Sam Darnold and Trevor Lawrence" Jackson.

But Curran this dude is in underground bunker, tin foil hat tier since Brady left. The way he was talking during the draft sounded like a guy that had just lost all the hope in the world and then Belichick ran over his dog

odd that you call out curran, but use giardi's tweet, which doesnt even quote currans question.

I think Agholor is going to have a very good year.
Why should he take a pay cut?
If he gets cut, another team will give him big $

Yea I don't like that scenario either.

I'd rather they have Caley do it and maybe Bill, Judge and Fat Matt mentor behind the scenes.

That could be their plan.
It’s not rocket science. The coaching staff, under Belichicks direction creates a game plan with plays to use by situation. The basis for this game planning is done all off season. The plays to select from are in the playbook and have been for years.
The “play caller” doesn’t pick from 1000 plays at whim on each play. They select one of a handful that we planned to be used in those situations, in that game, vs that opponent.

"When Curran said good things about the team I liked him. Now that he doesn't I don't"

Agholor was a bad signing flat out. I don't think this is hindsight either as a lot of people didn't love the contract immediately. They paid good money for an average starting receiver. We came off a season where we had a receiver room that resembled a practice squad group and we needed NFL receivers but we didn't get much more of of Agholor than we could have gotten from Damiere Byrd and done it at a fraction of the price.

"When Curran said good things about the team I liked him. Now that he doesn't I don't"

Agholor was a bad signing flat out. I don't think this is hindsight either as a lot of people didn't love the contract immediately. They paid good money for an average starting receiver. We came off a season where we had a receiver room that resembled a practice squad group and we needed NFL receivers but we didn't get much more of of Agholor than we could have gotten from Damiere Byrd and done it at a fraction of the price.

Agholor got paid the market value. If he was a bad signing every WR signing last year was bad outside of Marvin Jones.

Kenny Golladay got 17m per had around the same amount of yards as Agholor
Corey Davis got 12.5m per and missed half the season
Fuller got 10m and Flores didn't even want to play him mid-way thru the season
Curtis Samuel got 12m per, had 27 yards all season

It’s not rocket science. The coaching staff, under Belichicks direction creates a game plan with plays to use by situation. The basis for this game planning is done all off season. The plays to select from are in the playbook and have been for years.
The “play caller” doesn’t pick from 1000 plays at whim on each play. They select one of a handful that we planned to be used in those situations, in that game, vs that opponent.
Yes but's ensuring the OC/playcaller installs plays that the QB is comfortable with is what makes the difference. In addition it's making adjustments based on how the game is evolving is what separates great OCs like Josh from others.

Yes but's ensuring the OC/playcaller installs plays that the QB is comfortable with is what makes the difference. In addition it's making adjustments based on how the game is evolving is what separates great OCs like Josh from others.
Who do you think taught those things to McDaniel?
“Play calling” is by far the most overrated thing in the game, primarily because criticizing fans attack play calling to make it seem like they are smart and could do better.

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back