PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Tom Brady TV Show? (mod edit: "Tom vs Time"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Episode 2 made me sad. I've enjoyed all of the Patriots success without sacrificing anything other than my time. To see him work hard on mechanics or watch Super Bowl 42 tape over and over. Why do you do it Tom? "Because I can still learn from it." I'm a fan and I haven't even had the courage to re-watch that game.

Tom is the man.. doing what few others are willing to do to achieve greatness.

Always working..no matter what. Why he is the best to ever play the position and in position to get his 6th

The timing of the release of these videos is very curious to me. Pre-superbowl week is when NFL hype and distraction is at its height. Wonder what team Brady's intention was, as far as the release dates.

Was it to maximize the TB12 lifestyle brand? If so, I guess the timing is perfect. Brady is on the biggest stage right now.

The timing of the release of these videos is very curious to me. Pre-superbowl week is when NFL hype and distraction is at its height. Wonder what team Brady's intention was, as far as the release dates.

Was it to maximize the TB12 lifestyle brand? If so, I guess the timing is perfect. Brady is on the biggest stage right now.
Unless he can predict the future he probably didn't put into contract they would show the first couple before he wins his sixth. If Brady wins his sixth the hype machine will be rolling after Sunday also.

I don't know why anyone would consider this a distraction. It's tape from 6 months ago. There's nothing controversial, and it doesn't require any of his time right now.

in this second episode there was one little bit that is semi-controversial

when he's talking about the loss to Carolina, its tough to really decipher what he is saying, but is sorta seems like commentary that some of the team weren't putting in the work, or weren't playing hard, and were expecting a win rather than earning it

I thought it interesting that he allows himself to get really upset in the car, but once he gets out, it’s back to the team-first, one-day-at-a-time positive focus. Anyone else think that maybe those rumors about Brady being upset with Belichick might have been overheard during his “car moments?”

That Hail Mary to Moss was thrown 74 yards in the air right into moss hands...the defender made the play of his life

And haters actually question Brady’s arm strength?

I wonder though if they could have worked down the field like in the first super bowl rather than going to the home run ball. Don't remember how much time was left. Anyway,coulda,shoulda,woulda.

It’s funny how a lot of us focus on the Tyree catch but Tom focuses on the final throw to Moss. He isn’t going to blame anyone other than himself.

It's because he knows a 14 pt performance after a record breaking offensive year isn't satisfactory. The D played well enough in that game. If you had told Brady before that game that the Giants would score 17 points, Brady would have felt the game were a cinch. Hell, he laughed at Plaxico for suggesting the Pats offense was going to score only 17.

The painting in one of the rooms seem to be a Picasso, Figure composée II 1949. The other one looks like a Miró, but I'm not sure which.

Good get. I went back and looked again.

You notice how muted the colors are throughout the house, except for the Miró, and one of the cars was the same kind of color.

pablo-picasso-figure-composée.-ii.jpg

I watched it. Loved it. Look forward to the rest of them.

I can imagine, however, that this might get under Belichick's skin a little. Tom has made himself separate from the team, and made it a little bit about him. (the videos are all about him) I think he's transcended the team now, and he's in the same stratosphere as Woods, Jordan, and Nicklaus. Maybe even Ali. I am willing to allow the thought that Belichick might want to knock him back a couple pegs to keep him coach-able. (wickersham piece, anyone?) The Patriot Way is Team First, and this is not team first.

Parcells had his 11 QB commandments. #11, Don't be a celebrity QB. Why wouldn't Belichick, part of the Parcells coaching tree, espouse those values? Brady as definitely entered that pantheon of celebrity, more so than ever. I see the video projects him as a regular guy, but he's certainly the biggest celeb that Belichick has coached.

Let's hope this doesn't bite them in the ass. If anyone can pull it off, it's Brady.

Yeah but Bellichick did "A Football Life" which surprised me.

Yeah but Bellichick did "A Football Life" which surprised me.
I can't find it now but when a football life came out someone said BB had said after one Coach's career (maybe Brown or Landry) they regretted shunning all exposure. There was basically nothing on them during their greatest achievement. Nothing for the grandkids or historians. BB wanted to capture something so he didn't end up the same.

Wouldn't surprise me if BB encouraged Tom. His career is winding down and very little about his process has ever been seen before. In a few years it won't be an option.

I thought it interesting that he allows himself to get really upset in the car, but once he gets out, it’s back to the team-first, one-day-at-a-time positive focus. Anyone else think that maybe those rumors about Brady being upset with Belichick might have been overheard during his “car moments?”

Unless one of the sources was a cameraman or a producer riding in the car with Brady (which would probably have gotten put out somehow by now) I doubt anyone is that cruel to him to go behind his back to talk to ESPN. I guess these days you never know though.

I can't find it now but when a football life came out someone said BB had said after one Coach's career (maybe Brown or Landry) they regretted shunning all exposure. There was basically nothing on them during their greatest achievement. Nothing for the grandkids or historians. BB wanted to capture something so he didn't end up the same.

Wouldn't surprise me if BB encouraged Tom. His career is winding down and very little about his process has ever been seen before. In a few years it won't be an option.

And BB respected Steve Sabol (RIP) and how he pretty much played by his own rules telling the stories of the NFL, almost like himself. That's probably why he's been more receptive to NFL Films over the past few years. It's always good to have some type of record of the things you did, especially if you are a student of the game and a historian of football like BB. I think you're absolutely right. TB12 kills two birds with one stone with this series...he gives his fans a never-before-seen glimpse into why he is what he is and townie does what he does, but also gets to do it in such a way that his kids can have access to it when they get older and he is old and gray.

Unless one of the sources was a cameraman or a producer riding in the car with Brady (which would probably have gotten put out somehow by now) I doubt anyone is that cruel to him to go behind his back to talk to ESPN. I guess these days you never know though.

Yeah, I doubt it. The whole thing seems almost manufactured at some level; whether by BSPN or their "source".

I wonder though if they could have worked down the field like in the first super bowl rather than going to the home run ball. Don't remember how much time was left. Anyway,coulda,shoulda,woulda.

I think it was about 30 seconds...3 time-outs...and they had to go like 40 yards for a thing 54yd FG.
I still can’t get over B.B. going for it on 4th down and 13 from the NYG 31.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back