Tom Brady throwing coach Tom House assesses Mac

Tunescribe

PatsFans.com Supporter
PatsFans.com Supporter
2019 Weekly Picks Winner
2021 Weekly Picks Winner
2023 Weekly Picks Winner
Reaction score
Fascinating and very encouraging stuff here, House appears at 25:10. And a sobering take for the morons here claiming Mac Jones' arm is "weak."

Tom House is the best. Worked with Brady tons.

Mac's #1 thing this off-season should be call up Tom House before House gets too old.
Amazing how House’s pitching mechanics work have translated to NFL quarterbacks. This guy’s been one of the best coaches of this generation for *two* sports. I keep forgetting how old he is; I’ve heard on players training with him as far back as the 1990s. Then I remember that he was the one who caught Hank Aaron’s #715 and I realize just how long he’s been around.

Amazing how House’s pitching mechanics work have translated to NFL quarterbacks. This guy’s been one of the best coaches of this generation for *two* sports. I keep forgetting how old he is; I’ve heard on players training with him as far back as the 1990s. Then I remember that he was the one who caught Hank Aaron’s #715 and I realize just how long he’s been around.

I love Tom House

Really interesting career too if you look into how he got started. His thoughts should be mainstream/standard but multiple sports keep messing it up. He's a treasure

Supposedly also appeared on at least one episode as an extra on Hogan's Heroes while attending college at USC...

Too bad that the Moret-for-House trade didn't help either team, or Moret himself.

Great Job was going to start a thread on this topic, Mac can be an elite QB as good as any of them. If he goes to a throwing coach like House (preferably House). Off BB isn’t on this he should retire.

House is definitely the premier name in that industry so his opinion is valuable. Glad to hear it. I hope Mac intends to give him a call if he hasn't already.

From the sound of it, House may be working with Jones this offseason. Much of what he said, he almost talked as if it was the plan to work with Jones rather than hypothetical. And this tweet seems encouraging.

From the sound of it, House may be working with Jones this offseason. Much of what he said, he almost talked as if it was the plan to work with Jones rather than hypothetical. And this tweet seems encouraging.

From the sound of the interview with House, and then scrolling down and seeing this tweet response, it sounds to me like House is working really hard for a new client. :rofl:

I don’t think anyone would have any problems with it. I don’t know Mac personally, but he is clearly a different kinda guy. I love his personality and find him very refreshing. He just seems so raw, and under developed. He’s goofy, in his personality and athletically. He moves at times like a puppy just tripping over his body and big ears. When he does press conferences, he looks so damn uncomfortable, and you can see he’s just trying to not say the wrong thing. When he is on that field though, he’s so damn fired up! He wants it, and is clearly passionate about the sport. I truly believe that if he keeps on his current trajectory, he is going to be a great ****ing QB in this league.

We’re talking about a dude that was a starter in college for one year. A phenomenal year, no doubt about it, but then went from the bowl season, straight into preparing for the draft, then the NFL offseason, then winning the starting job for an organization with very high expectations, and straight into a 17 game NFL season. He got beat up, took some serious lumps, and kept coming back for more. He won the respect of some serious veterans and great coaches. This young man has had absolutely no chance to sit back and just breath.

I am impressed with the way he hung in there and handled it all. On and off the field. With all that being said, this offseason may prove to be very critical to his overall development. How does he conduct himself off the field? What actions does he take to build himself up physically and mentally? It’s exciting, and I can’t wait to witness the growth and development of another New England great!

Where does that moment rank in a sporting event you've attended?
below the triple overtime win by the Celtics against the Bucks when Hondo ht the last jumper over Jabbar for the win in overtime three...I was in the 2nd row at center court...could see Jarrin' John's varicose veins bulging out....only Jabbar and Havlicek scored in the third OT...THAT is burned in my memory

House has a very scientific approach coupled with great understanding of the intangibles that make athletes great. The latter -- what House calls "the hard part" -- Mac already has under his belt, he says. The physical improvement apparently is just a matter of putting the work in. Interesting how he noted a player Mac's age has years to go before maturing physically.

Tom House. Sounds like a made up name.

...could see Jarrin' John's varicose veins bulging out....
Kinda like this? :haha:

f86567bd-9440-486f-ab92-4f4a2a13ff22.gif

below the triple overtime win by the Celtics against the Bucks when Hondo ht the last jumper over Jabbar for the win in overtime three...I was in the 2nd row at center court...could see Jarrin' John's varicose veins bulging out....only Jabbar and Havlicek scored in the third OT...THAT is burned in my memory
here's a shot from the game...man, what a rush of memories..

john-havlicek-of-the-boston-celtics-and-kareem-abduljabbar-of-the-picture-id1133269482

Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing
Matthew Slater Set For New Role With Patriots
Back