PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Tom Brady on Injury report with Knee “ailment?”

Status
Not open for further replies.
What about Guerrero??

Him and the TB12 business are having a regression to the mean kinda season.

Gronk looking like garbage, Edelman and his PED stint, Brady having some issues.. I think Mitchell was also a client and he is essentially done with the sport.

Obviously it is not all on them but it just goes to show that them finding some revolutionary training method was also not the reason for a pretty good run in terms of health in the past year.

Last edited:
Him and the TB12 buisness are having a regressing to the mean kinda season.

Gronk looking like garbage, Edelman and his PED stint, Brady having some issues.. I think Mitchell was also a client and he is essentially done with the sport.

Obviously it is not all on them but it just goes to show that them finding some revolutionary training method was also not the reason for a pretty good run in terms of health in the past year.

Who is to say being pliable didn’t prevent Brady from blowing out his knee on the run that caused his injury. Or gronk being even worse off. I’m not defending their methods, but eating right and maintaining flexibility can do wonders for your health. Most of the regression seems to be more mental when everyone was on the field, except for maybe Gronk.

Knowing you're probably joking, I still feel I have to call this post out a bit.

Brady will be under center if he has to be carried onto the field. You'd have to chain him to the sidelines. He's been that way his whole career, he HATES to let anyone else work "his" job because he knows that that's how jobs are lost in the NFL. Even Etling who is no longterm threat to Brady at all, he will not let Etling take a single live snap if he can help it.

If he can't be out there, you know beyond the slightest doubt it's because he actually, physically can't. It's just how he is. He's not gonna take a health day unless he has literally no choice.

Yes, I was kidding. Even if Brady can't go it would be Hoyer who plays in his place.

Whether or not Brady plays isn't necessarily his call and maybe it shouldn't be. At 41 maybe he should be more protected.

Who is to say being pliable didn’t prevent Brady from blowing out his knee on the run that caused his injury. Or gronk being even worse off. I’m not defending their methods, but eating right and maintaining flexibility can do wonders for your health. Most of the regression seems to be more mental when everyone was on the field, except for maybe Gronk.

Who is to say that Gronks situation is not entirely because he refused to do the more traditional weight training where you have decades of experience and went with Guerrero / TB12 ?

You can play that game in either direction. The Guerrero cult was pointing to how Brady and Gronk stayed healthy last year. Guess that narrative is dead.

Don’t disagree about Alex G, however Brady has been one of the more durable quarterbacks. Yes he’s not mobile and does not subject himself to hits while running in the open field but you can’t ignore the evidence of a long career without series of them missing injuries. Pliability likely has some value

Him and the TB12 business are having a regression to the mean kinda season.

Seems to me the Guerrero training regimin is more beneficial to the regular Joe who is active than a football player getting hit 20 times a game

my extremely cogent answer to this whole Guerrero good/evil controversy is simply this...If fish carried luggage, who would know? o_Oo_Oo_O:confused::confused:

Poor guy can't catch a break, finally had a season without his chronic and debilitating shoulder injury and now this.

Imagine what could have been if he could have just been healthy.

Yes, I was kidding. Even if Brady can't go it would be Hoyer who plays in his place.

Whether or not Brady plays isn't necessarily his call and maybe it shouldn't be. At 41 maybe he should be more protected.
You'd never convince him of that. And at this point in a magnificant career Brady's probably earned the right to expect far more leeway in his assignments than an average quarterback.

Gronk just uses his body up. He is a big guy who sells out hard on every play. He blocks, catches, and bulldozes defenders, its' amazingly fun to watch, but he uses his body up a lot faster than an average player because he's expected to do so much. And the older he gets the harder and harder it's going to be for his body to recover between games.

That's the reason Allen is here, to try to take the edge off Gronk's most physically taxing assignment (blocking) but sometimes you need both guys out there so it's not a perfect solution.

Seems to me the Guerrero training regimin is more beneficial to the regular Joe who is active than a football player getting hit 20 times a game

The corollary here is that it might also be more beneficial specifically for QBs. Well, unless you are Deshaun Watson.

Who is to say that Gronks situation is not entirely because he refused to do the more traditional weight training where you have decades of experience and went with Guerrero / TB12 ?

You can play that game in either direction. The Guerrero cult was pointing to how Brady and Gronk stayed healthy last year. Guess that narrative is dead.

No way do I believe anybody but Brady is all in on the TB 12 method.
Gronk and Edelman may get a massage or something but there is no way they are following the diet which is important. Edelman scarfs down cheeseburgers and Gronk is a party animal.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Back