PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Tom Brady lost the game

Status
Not open for further replies.
Been watching Patriot football long before Brady got here. This game was there to be won and this offense was shutout in the 4th qtr. Don't want to hear a word about the defense. This Patriot D kept the Patriots in the game in the 1st half when Tom had his head up his bum and they held the Giants to freakin' FG's as Tom was re-inserting his head up him bum in the 3rd and 4th qtrs.
A BIG part of the problem is the offense is left to Brady. Starting next season the coaching staff has to gain control of the playcalling and it has to stay with them. Brady has shown he can no longer deliver in the big moments therefore he needs to go back to being a game manager (that's when we were winning SB's) and the coaches need to control the gameplan.
This team has failed to win ANYTHING since it became all about Tommy.

I Couldn't agree more!

only thing i want to know..why did he feel the need to force the ball to gronk? Why?

Not drunk at all. I know what I see and what I see is the Patriots had an 8 point lead with 11 minutes left to go in the 3rd qtr and never scored another point against a very good but not great Giant defense.
You think Mr. Brady is going to get better with age when all he's done is get worse as a playoff performer the older he gotten??

So what's your five-year plan of success after trading/releasing Brady this offseason?

Let's have it.

Brady is more of system QB now than earlier in his career.

\

The throw to Branch was a poor throw well behind him, if he led Branch he would have gone at least another 15 yards.

Brady had a poor game. Bad decision on the Safety, The int was a ball that should not have been thrown (like the ball to Slater last week) Then he made poor throws to Welker and Branch when they were wide open.

Do you think Brady blames himself for the loss due to his poor play? I do.

Sorry, but you are WRONG. The throw to Branch, immediately after the throw to Welker was not poor or thrown behind Branch.

The one that was behind Branch was on the next series and was actually TIPPED by kenny Philips. That's why it was "behind" Branch.

Name me the last big game Brady needed a score or a drive to seal the game and got it?

You can't huh? It's been quite some time... Last time I remember was 07... but we left too much time on the clock and Eli beat us, since then, Brady has not been able to seal a game in the 4th in close big games.

This year I remember the Dallas game where brady had a great 4th quarter drive.

Also would like to say is Brady's #1 weapon was hobbled all game and instead has to resort to little shrimps, while eli manning has absolute stud recievers.. Its not even fair. But w/e if welker made a decent catch the game was just about over. Its to bad but in the grand scheme of things we should be thankful to even be there. I just hope they have 2 or 3 more runs in them to get 1 more ring before Brady goes.

Last edited:
Geezus some of you guys lose your mind after a big loss. Brady played excellent tonight, well enough to win, there was a play here and a play there that all added up and cost us the game. Why people have to try an pin it in on one person to wrap it up in a neat little pachage is baffling.
This team had no business being in the Super Bowl, the brilliance of BB and Brady are two of the biggest reasons why. Overall it was a good year and they'll be back and win it in the next couple of years.

I haven't read the full thread, but I've been doing some thinking about Brady and just wanted to add my two pennies.

For the most part, Brady was excellent today and if Welker had made that catch, he'd be Superbowl champion and a lock for the MVP. And he's a record setting regular season QB still. He is still one of the best QB's in the game today and of course, of all time. To jump on Brady after this game is silly. However...

Let's face it, the window is closing. I'm not so sure that Brady's playoff problems are his fault - I think it's more the way the team is set up. We are a team built to win in the regular season where, for most weeks, we face relative mediocrity. But in the playoffs where we face the best players and the best coaching, Brady is becoming much easier to gameplan against. In part, that's just about familiarity, everyone knows what to expect from Brady now, wheras when he was winning superbowls, he was the new kid on the block. But there are two additional problems now. Firstly, our receiving corps is built around the short possession game and YAC. There is little balance thre, unlike the Giants receivers, for example, who can offer it all as outlets for Manning. However, I'm not sure that Brady has that accurate deep ball in him anymore, at least consistently.

Tom will always be "terrific" for what he gave us as Patriot fans, but I don't think a Brady-less future is necessarily the disaster it might have been a year or two ago. We have become too much of a one-dimensional team. This might be down to the coaching staff and BB, it might be that Tom has to shoulder some of the blame in being too locked in to favourite receivers but if we are to become a force to be feared again, something will have to change.

There is only one circumstance in which I'd even consider voluntarily becoming a Brady-less team. I'm not advocating for it, but if it was to happen, then I hope it will be in a trade with the 49'ers. They're in need of a franchise guy, it allows Tom to finish his career with his hometown team, it gets him out of the AFC and they have some nice people that I wouldn't mind seeing come back the other way.

I'm happy to ride with Tom Brady for as long as he wants to be a Pat but I have reached the stage where rebuilding and moving forward is something I'm not wholly adverse to.

As a UK Pats fan, I can't claim the alleigence to the team that most of you have and to that end I just want to offer my sympathies to you all. That was a tough loss to take.

Reading any more of your posts is the equivalent of becoming terminal and dying a slow death.

Pure idiocy.

If this were the Jest board you'd be calling it a meltdown. I'm trying to be objective about the performance of our QB. his performances in the biggest games have been poor since 07, save the Denver game. Bottom line.

Last edited:
The ENTIRE NFL will laugh at this franchise if they follow the advise of many in here, and cut their starting QB. Be careful what you wish for.

Absolutely. All they have to do is ask themselves one question: exactly how many nanoseconds would it take the Jets or Redskins or Dolphins or any of another half dozen teams to snap him up?

Packers fans went through something very similar. Favre is a legend & sure hall of famer. Favre stops committing to the offseason program for years at a time. Favre has great regular seasons. Favre plays sub par in the playoffs consistently year after year as he ages. Packers fans attack each other as the fan base divides into two camps ( keep him forever vs. he's past his prime ).

As the Patriots reach 8 years without a Superbowl win, and Brady turns 35, I expect the same division to occur in Patriots nation.

Chock it up to human nature, there are idiots in every fanbase. And Favre couldn't hold Brady's jock, regular or post season.

You know what, put a sock in it gas bag. You haven't been right about anything since 2004.

So sayeth the posterchild for said embarrassments. A broken clock is more correct than you are, Sooner. You calling anyone a gas bag or telling them to put a sock in it when you bring less than nothing is the epitome of hypocricy.

sure looked like it....16 in a row broke a record

to win a game like the Super Bowl you have to make five or six key plays...the Giants made every one...the safety, recovering every fumble they made. ther Welker drop, the Branch drop, the unconscious Manningham catch...all of it went the giants way...they won...about all you can say...Brady put the ball right on Welker's hands, both of them...he makes that catch like he's supposed to, the Pats are in full control with the Giants down to one timeout....those drops were unforced by the Giants...the team HAS to make those plays, both Welker and Branch...THAT is what a championship team does...MAKE those plays, those catches, recover THOSE fumbles...they didn't do it...that's football...I'm glad we had the opportunity to compete in this game and I'm looking forward to next season and the chance to get back and win it this time.

Bravo Joker, excellent perspective!

Brady is more of system QB now than earlier in his career.

I don't understand how anyone makes this argument. Please explain it to me.

Brady has only played in one system in his professional career. How do you know how successful he can be in another system? Even still...

How many QBs in the history of football are more than a system QB?
Did Joe Montana light it up in KC?
Did Brett Favre put up numbers in MIN?
Dan Marino is a system QB!!!!

only thing i want to know..why did he feel the need to force the ball to gronk? Why?

Why did he feel the need to force the ball to Slater against the Ravens in EXACTLY in the same scenario - 4th qtr, small lead and on the Patriots next to last possession?? Rookie mistakes (Panic??) by a 33 yr old. NOT GOOD!!

Last edited:
I made the mistake of reading the posts after mine. Dear Lord, some of you should never be allowed to discuss football without having some warning like "completely clueless sports fan" preceding any input made.

I don't understand how anyone makes this argument. Please explain it to me.

Brady has only played in one system in his professional career. How do you know how successful he can be in another system? Even still...

How many QBs in the history of football are more than a system QB?
Did Joe Montana light it up in KC?
Did Brett Favre put up numbers in MIN?
Dan Marino is a system QB!!!!

Is the Patriots version of Steve Young or Aaron Rodgers available ? Time will tell.

Maybe a couple more years, maybe 3 or 4, then at least the bandwagon boys will all move on to another team (we'll shed a few more tonight, no doubt.) Not that I want that happening, but Brady will, eventually, retire - as one of the greatest QBs ever to play, and past his prime. Of course he is past his prime, as was Elway when he finally "won" his first SB. He's still one of the best, and you still want him. Can he unfailingly always will a team to victory like in 2001-04? Nope. Cope. It may well be that in 01-04, the bounces simply went his way. He was on a good slot machine. It got cold. Cope with that, too.

De-mythologize and man up. He's still a very good QB. We still have some outstanding pieces to work with. It's still odds of 32:1 against every season.

Be a fan, for Christ's sake. You don't know how good ya got it right now -- looking for someone to blame when you go to a SB (beyond most people's expectations,) and it comes down to the last play? Are you kidding me?

It's a game, and we lost it, which SUCKS. Don't get me wrong, I really like that "woo hoooo" thing better than the "Goddammit" thing at the end. Really I do. But it was a very, very evenly played game that we just. plain. didn't. win.

Wahhh.

Hard to get back there.... pretty soon, it's time to start again.

Strap it up, down, or on, to extend the old saying to the fandom... I'd really like Brady to get another ring or two.

But failing that I'll be here for Hoyer or Mallet or whoever, in a few years' time. I'll even be here for the next 1-15 season, unless the football gods have granted us a forever pass from that stuff.

I'm grimly aware that there are generations of, f'rinstance, Jest fans who have never seen their team win one. It may be I've seen the last Pats SB win. But I tend to doubt it ;)

3rd down to Branch was thrown behind him...because Branch KNOW he should have stopped his route for a easy 3rd down conversion, cant understand why he continued his route behind the LB....jezez the weapon on O today was NO RUNNING GAME whatsoever...Hernadez, Welker....Branch....Ocho....Gronk on one leg

Ridley should have run at least 8 times...fumbles bah, guy make plays

Why did he feel the need to force the ball to Slater against the Ravens in EXACTLY in the same scenario - 4th qtr, small lead and on the Patriots next to last possession?? Rookie mistakes (Panic??) by a 33 yr old. NOT GOOD!!

Brady turns 35 before the start of next season.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo on the Rich Eisen Show From 5/2/24
Patriots News And Notes 5-5, Early 53-Man Roster Projection
New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes