PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

To the Ravens Fans

Status
Not open for further replies.
Anyway, all this talk of penalties is pointless considering Clayton has brick hands.

I agree; if Clayton had caught that ball, we most likely would have won, so the officiating was meaningless in the end.

Agreed - the Ravens fans have been a solid bunch - maybe they'll get to visit again during the playoffs!

Not sure I understand the dispute about the Suggs call..the dude practically went for Brady's knees - which is the exact reason this rule was brought in.

Surely you dont actually expect the rule to be only enforced if they guy lays a shoulder/helmet on the QB's knee?

No, the rule is designed to prevent this type of play.

Flacco is for real...Rice is so damn annoying (yeah thats a compliment) but the Ravens discipline let them down - they kept quite a few drives going with poor penalties.

Good game al in all.

Another win, now lets all pull for a Jets loss.

They reported that Galloway was a healthy scratch today.......Clayton's hands on that last play looked a lot like Galloway's......hmmmmm

makes you wonder a bit though.....God knows that Galloway probably knows the Raven offense as well as he knows the Pats...

Two top teams and I won't be surprised if we meet again this season.

I just want to add that its nice to read posts and converse with genuine intelligent fans from other teams. That was certainly the case with the Baltimore fans that came on here, credit where its due.

The two roughing the passers were pretty ridiculous in my mind.

The first was just a bit ticky-tacky, but the PF on Suggs was absurd. The referees were basically judging Terrell's intent as he never actually touched the quarterback, and, without trying to sound bitter, if it hadn't been Tom Brady, the superstar quarterback who had previously suffered a knee injury, I'm not sure the flag would have been thrown.

I felt both were obvious penalties by the letter of the rule, but that both - as well as the RTP against our guy, Wright - are stupid rules.

Fixed.

I appreciate the sentiment in your post, as I'm sure most other Ravens fans will.

I think that the officiating was pretty absurdly tilted in favor of New England, but we still had the opportunity to win the game with under 30 seconds left, so I'm not going to say that the calls were what ultimately decided the game.

Great game, and I'm confident that we'll either see you, or Indianapolis again.

Come on! Wright got called for the same roughing call on a sack on Flacco. Moss got called for a O pass int.

One of the penalties was on your coach, he should know better. Blaming about the ref's looks like whining.

It was a good football game and both teams played well. The Ravens had a chance to win at the end and didn't- that's it and that's all.

Last edited:

The first was just a bit ticky-tacky, but the PF on Suggs was absurd. The referees were basically judging Terrell's intent as he never actually touched the quarterback, and, without trying to sound bitter, if it hadn't been Tom Brady, the superstar quarterback who had previously suffered a knee injury, I'm not sure the flag would have been thrown.

Well, Mike Wright got the same penalty for hand to the helmet, so you can't complain.

Before this year, in the past, Wilfork not only had the same penalty called on him, but he was fined a ton. He fell into the QB and hit his legs.

Now there's a new rule that you can't go low on the QB. That's a legit call according to the new rules.

On the spot, I didn't think he made the first down at first, but on the instant replay it looked like his feet were still in bounds when he reached forward. He definitely got way past the 1st down marker with the reach.

The question is, where did the ball go out of bound when he reached forward? If you expect the refs to make a great call there, the booth guys too, you're not going to get it. It's going to be placed where the ref on the field called it, and he called a first down originally.

The Patriots have been on the bad end of such a spot in the playoffs, when Ben Watson knocked the ball out of Champ Bailey's hands on an interception return. There was no definite way to determine where the ball crossed the plane of the sideline. That play determined the game. Belichick has complained that they could easily place sensors on the end zone and sidelines to tell them exactly where the ball goes out. The NFL has not responded, and the camera angles were not good enough to tell you.

Maybe the Ravens fans have more class than the Ravens team..As for Mr Suggs..I think THAT was a dirty play period..He will be fined heavily and if Goodell had any stones, suspended..and as for THUG Lewis who went off in the locker room..your team is a bunch of whiny losers...and that starts with coach Harbough..he should have been penalized a few more times with his contiual yapping at the officials ON the field. Sorry...the fans might be classy and from what I have seen heard they are, but I will not say for the team at all. A soild team no doubt, but...what a bunch of losers... Sorry...I wish I could say good things, but when I see a player go for the knees..what is that?? Maybe if a player was tossed for fdoing that it would stop. Defending him?? What I think is hypocrite..for if a Patriot player went at Flacco's knees..you'd be jumping up and down. Players like Suggs WHO do that need to have a message sent to them.. and if that means being tossed..so be it. As for whiner Lewis..be thankful your behind is not in jail...Sorry that I couldn't be kumbayahh here..but I call them as I see em...

Last edited:
The first PI call against Baltimore that extended our drive was flat out ridiculous. You can argue about the rules all you want, but it was ridiculous that that was called. If you're going to call roughing on something like that, you might as well just put a pink skirt on the QB.

Right, I called the first roughing the passer "ticky-tacky" because although it was the "correct" call, it was pretty much incidental contact with the player lunging at Brady as he was throwing.

The second personal foul on Suggs, however, shouldn't have been called because he never actually touched Brady, period.

Mason was called for a ridiculous pushoff, and Carr was called for holding on Welker, and neither of those calls were really even close to being correct.

My opinion on the officiating isn't going to mean much on this board as I clearly bring in a bias, but I'm honestly be as objective as possible when I say that this was a horribly officiated game.

Flacco's called personal foul was the most blatant of the three, but I agree, his hit was also iffy as the fingers barely grazed his face.

They called the same pushoff on Moss that they called on Mason!!

I'm amazed at some of these posts

we got some good calls? GREAT!!!! Wish we had five or ten more. You take EVERYTHING you can get in a football game.

What's this talk of Ray Lewis? Where are you getting that info?

I think you'd feel differently if your QB was Tom Brady or Carson Palmer or any other QB who lost their whole season because of this hole in the rules. And for the record I wanted the rule before Brady got hurt.

Again, I'm not saying that the calls decided the game as we had the opportunity to win with less than 30 seconds remaining, but I just couldn't believe some of the calls.

The referees clearly couldn't keep up with the speed of the game, and although bad calls went both ways, they undboutedly flagged the Ravens more.

Come on Dude;

crybaby.png

Do your team a little better. Those calls come and go every week. Don't diminish by "going there". Bottom line. I think two of the better teams in the league went at it hard and it came down to the last seconds. No shame, but don't bother with the "we got robbed" crap. It's part of the game.

Good game, and I HOPE we don't meet in the postseason. Baltimore scares many Pats fans as much as the Pats should scare you all.

We both played a hell of a game, and that's all there is to it.

Last edited:
you ravens fans need to get over it. you whined about 07' when the pats got "lucky" and won and you are now whining again. the ravens played really well today, but they are not the team everyone thought. they are just another top team in the AFC, which could be won by any of the elite teams including the pats and ravens in the end.

you ravens fans need to get over it. you whined about 07' when the pats got "lucky" and won and you are now whining again. the ravens played really well today, but they are not the team everyone thought. they are just another top team in the AFC, which could be won by any of the elite teams including the pats and ravens in the end.

This is just ridiculous stuff. This guy has been all here all week and has made some excellent contributions to the pre-game thread. He has shown respect to us all week and its understandable that he would be a little bit gutted after the game.

And as an honest Patriot fan, we did ride our luck a little today. We got two crucial penalties to keep drives alive, and Bodden being right behind Faulk to recover the fumble. I still think we were deserving winners on the day but it was very, very close.

I don't see why Ravens fans are b*tching and moaning so much. We'll probably see them again in the Divisional or Championship game.

Right, I called the first roughing the passer "ticky-tacky" because although it was the "correct" call, it was pretty much incidental contact with the player lunging at Brady as he was throwing.

The second personal foul on Suggs, however, shouldn't have been called because he never actually touched Brady, period.

Mason was called for a ridiculous pushoff, and Carr was called for holding on Welker, and neither of those calls were really even close to being correct.

My opinion on the officiating isn't going to mean much on this board as I clearly bring in a bias, but I'm honestly be as objective as possible when I say that this was a horribly officiated game.

Flacco's called personal foul was the most blatant of the three, but I agree, his hit was also iffy as the fingers barely grazed his face.

Let's just agree that all the QB calls were ticky-tack, but I think as fans of teams with elite QBs, we are both better off for the league officiating this way.

My take is that if a team puts its self in position to "lose" a game from penalties , they played it too close and the little things count! It's all about putting a solid and successful product on the field. I'm sure both teams were subject to sloppy officiating, but the human error factor in the game can't be controlled. The only call in which I was scratching my head about was the spot on the Fake FG. That looked VERY generous. Ohh well though. This lose will make the team more hungry and basically, piss them off and set a fire in the belly.

"Character overcomes adversity, because you've got hearts this big. Was it perfect? 'No.' Was it pretty? 'No.' No, but it was us!" -John Harbaugh

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots CB Marcellas Dial’s Conference Call with the New England Media
So Far, Patriots Wolf Playing It Smart Through Five Rounds
Wolf, Patriots Target Chemistry After Adding WR Baker
Back