PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Titans Covid positives, first outbreak

Status
Not open for further replies.

h0c2000

Rotational Player and Threatening Starter's Job
Reaction score

Not good to see, real positives

Do we know what the league's plan of action is here? Are games going to be rescheduled and tacked on to the end of the season?

The good news: It's easy to reschedule Titans/Steelers, because they just have to move Steelers/Ravens from week 7 to week 8 (their byes) and Steelers/Titans from week 4 to week 7 (the Titans' bye week).

The bad news: Moving Vikings/Texans looks like a mess, because the Texans play the Packers on the Vikings' week 7 bye, and the Vikings also play the Packers on the Texans' week 8 bye.

Titans cannot meet all week until Saturday. Not sure if the same is true for the Vikings. The Sunday games have not been rescheduled yet.

If thats true then the Titans game on Sunday is off.

Oh man...

Well...****...

I think I had 2-4 weeks in the prediction poll a few months back.

Goddammit

And that's all it takes for the wheels to come off the whole operation. Fingers-crossed they can keep this isolated, reschedule game(s) and move forward without issue.

Here's hoping MIN avoids a major impact.

Last edited:
Let's see how the league manages this. Hopefully they are able to control this and not let it derail the season but then again this is the NFL we are talking about so there could be 30 positives by tomorrow.

The NHL and NBA did it right with their bubbles...no major covid issues in those leagues and both have or will soon crown a champion. The NFL should have had followed suit, but Goondell thinks he's smarter than everyone :rolleyes:

Here we go. :(

shut everything down, get in bubble wrap, cancel the season...

of course, no one in here said it was only 3 players that popped positive. 55 active roster plus 12 practice squad means there's 67 players getting tested multiple times a week...3 + tests...this isn't a surprise people.

Do we know what the league's plan of action is here? Are games going to be rescheduled and tacked on to the end of the season?
It appears the league's only plan was to expand the practice squad and make it easier to move players from the practice squad to the active roster, and also to place less restrictions on the injured list.

They have protocols right down to the coin toss and national anthem, but no mention of what to do if eight players test positive.

I don't see how they could reschedule any game, unless those two teams have the same bye week.

Edit: see post #11

Honestly, it should just go down as a forfeit by Tennessee. Pittsburgh did their part, those who can’t, I feel like they’ll have to pay the price...unfortunately. At least if we plan on making it through the whole year. It’s not fair to the Steelers, as much as I dislike Tomlin, to have to have their world turned around because the other team’s players couldn’t stick to the protocols.

Official statement says 3 players and 5 personnel , wonder if they can pin down roughly where the break was ?

Reactions: Ian
Honestly, it should just go down as a forfeit by Tennessee. Pittsburgh did their part, those who can’t, I feel like they’ll have to pay the price...unfortunately. At least if we plan on making it through the whole year. It’s not fair to the Steelers, as much as I dislike Tomlin, to have to have their world turned around because the other team’s players couldn’t stick to the protocols.
Yeah I don't know how you can penalize the team/players who followed protocols because they just so happened to be playing a team who didn't. Really no completely fair way to reschedule this game without it negatively affecting the team that did things the right way.

• Winner
Reactions: Ian
Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes