PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Time for the Pats to go shopping?

Status
Not open for further replies.
He and Winovich on the field together would look awesome with their beautiful long hair flowing in the wind. Lol.

tenor.gif

i dont think they could do that, even if they wanted to.

Can't they just guarantee the 7.5M at least?

Either way, if Cam is Superman...we will be paying him in 2021 or someone else will....

Still can't believe he signed here.....LFG!

I think Mike missed 2011 where both Andre Carter and Mark Anderson were playing downhill the entire season. Those were amazing pickups.

I love HT, but this will force Uche and Jennings on the field. Ditto with Dugger. I'll be really bummed if Gilly decides to bail as we need some veterans to stay.
I was going to name Anderson and forgot about Carter. Yeah we have a little history of guys like that, Bill has a type there.

I like Mike. I enjoy listening to him tell stories and know he's connected. Just think he's off base sometimes.

A free agent the Pats should consider in light of Cannon's opt out is Alex Boone, the guy has always been extremely talented even though he hasn't played in years. He's only 33 with not a lot of wear and tear on the tires, also he's massive, a great athlete and might be able to compete at right tackle.

I’m fine with sitting back and waiting for the veteran trade/release markets to see if teams panic about the cap dropping next season.

I was surprised to see how many Texans fans think Benardrick McKinney could be traded, but it makes some sense since the Texans would be right at a $175 million cap in 2021 with the current 2020 roster and could look to get some breathing room for the upcoming Watson extension. It also sounds like the new DC will move away from Romeo’s defensive scheme that calls for oversized ILBs. McKinney is probably the one player in the NFL that’s most similar to Hightower.

Jarrad Davis could be the bargain bin option, and he also would have the benefit of coming from a Patriots-style scheme in this mess of a shortened training camp. He has not been good, but he was getting Jerod Mayo comparisons as a draft prospect. He moved down a spot on the LB depth chart when the Lions signed Collins.

Now is the time to sit back and let all the vets who want to opt out do so, that brings them back next season, when they are likely to be able to have a real season. Let the vets take the year off and go really young for as long as the season goes on,

I don't mind a couple of 2-3 mill players signed for one year. I want as much cap room as possible next year. With the cap going down, Free agents I believe will be able to be had at a nice discount.

Losing HT scares me. I'm not going to lie. He does so much that doesn't show up. His physicality & presence are infectious. One other thing I doubt you'll see mentioned anywhere is his coverage duties. He's always on help duty underneath. Fast & big enough to get across the field or up the seam. He's never off the field. You watch him on tape and it shows up.

Hightower on the field for Super Bowl LII would've been nice. :-(

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Back