PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Time for Gronk to apologize to US

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yup, we are all very sorry he contributes on this forum, never mind contributing to this thread.

'we are all'

yes......the fellowship of the miserable are indeed sorry

Victims of the Red X-ing Mob. Need I say more? Shame on you all.

(I'm releasing my inner Shaughnessy)
upload_2017-12-8_10-48-47.pngupload_2017-12-8_10-50-59.pngupload_2017-12-8_10-54-11.pngupload_2017-12-8_10-56-42.png

Gronk doesn't owe the fans squat. They aren't in meetings, studying, taking big hits with him. Only his teammates, BB, and Kraft deserve an apology.

Speaking of Kraft, Colin Cowherd thinks Bob would have a quick trigger and push BB to " retire" if the Patriots missed the postseason in consecutive seasons.

Tune out the noise, brother.
Who really cares. Name 3 people who’s opinions you give a damn about who are saying things that make you miserable over this. I bet you can’t. Let it go, let the haters hate because......THEY HATE US CUZ THEY AINT US.
I get what you are saying.....BUT the fact remains that while the negatives SHOULD be trivial, they remain a distinct irritation that diminish part of the satisfaction that I deserve as a fan of this team, simply because they exist.

What this franchise has done for close to 2 decades is remarkable, in fact unprecedented. Yet, instead of being universally admired for its dedication to hard work and focus of an absolute meritocracy; it's reviled for ultimately just being so damned consistently good, and the excuse for this have been the unjustified incidents of spygate, deflategate, and now this latest miscue. BTW- if Gronk played on any other team in the league, do you think what he did would have been such a big issue with the media??? I don't think so.

In an ideal world, we wouldn't have had to put up with this unjust BS for the last decade. But it it isn't. And if I were a more strong minded, less passionate person, I wouldn't have let it get to me....but I'm not. So in the end, it is what it is, and we are what we are. Monday can't get here soon enough

How The Gronk Stole the Playoffs
by Dr. Soused

Every Billsfan Down in Buffville Liked Gameday a lot...
But the Gronk, Who lived just north of Buffville, Did NOT!
The Gronk hated Bills in the Playoffs! The whole Bills Postseason!
Now, please don't ask why. No one quite knows the reason.
It could be his head wasn't screwed on just right.
It could be, perhaps, that his shoes were too tight.
But I think that the most likely reason you seek,
May have been that his DD coffee was two shots too weak.
Whatever the reason, His coffee or his shoes,
He stood there on Gameday Eve, hating the Bills,
Staring down from his mancave with a sour, Gronky frown,
At the warm lighted windows below in their town.
For he knew every Billsfan down in Buffville beneath,
Was busy now, drinking Coors Light or mead.
"And they're drinking weak ass Coors Light!" he snarled with a sneer,
"Tomorrow is Gameday! It's practically here!"
Then he growled, with his Gronk fingers nervously drumming,
"I MUST find some way to stop their Playoffs from coming!"
For Tomorrow, he knew, all the Billsfan girls and boys,
Would wake bright and early. They'd rush for their tvs!
And then! Oh, the noise! Oh, the Noise!
Noise! Noise! Noise!
That's one thing he hated! The NOISE!
NOISE! NOISE! NOISE!
Then the Billsfans, young and old, would sit down to a feast.
And they'd feast! And they'd feast! And they'd FEAST!
FEAST! FEAST! FEAST!
They would feast on Buffalo brats, and rare Buffalo-roast beast.
Which was something the Gronk couldn't stand in the least!
And THEN They'd do something He liked least of all!
Every Billsfan down in Buffville, the tall and the small,
Would stand close together, with Gameday bells ringing.
They'd stand hand-in-hand. And the Billfans would start singing!
They'd sing! And they'd sing! And they'd SING!
SING! SING! SING!
And the more the Gronk thought of this Billsfan GamedaySing,
The more the Gronk thought, "I must stop this whole thing!"
"Why, for seven years I've put up with it now!"
"I MUST stop their Playoffs from coming! But HOW?"
Then he got an idea! An awful idea!
THE GRONK GOT A WONDERFUL, AWFUL IDEA!
"I know just what to do!" The Gronk laughed in his throat.
And he made a quick diagram and stuck it in his coat.
And he chuckled, and clucked, "What a great Gronky trick!"
"With this plan in my coat, I’ll just be a real prick!"
"All I need is a helper..." The Gronk looked around.
But, since helpers are scarce, there was none to be found.
Did that stop the old Gronk? No! The Gronk simply said,
"If I can't find a helper, I'll make one instead!"
So he called his pal, Dola. Then he took some green bread,
And he shook Dola’s hand and patted his head.
THEN He lifted some weights and went over his plan,
A ramshackle play would work and Dola was just the man.
Then the Gronk said, "Let’s Party!" And he went out of town,
Toward New Era where the Billsfans were tailgating with nary a frown.
All their grills were off. Quiet snow filled the air.
All the Billsfans were daydreaming sweet dreams without care.
When he came to the first play he laid the defense bare.
"This is stop number one," the old Gronky hissed,
And he seemd quite aloof, and raised a Gronky fist.
Then he ran back to the huddle. A rather great play.
But, if Brady could do it, then so could the Gronk.
He got stuck only once, just like me and you.
Then he pushed with his might a Bills player or two.
Where the little Bills players all stood in a row.
"These Players," he grinned, "are the first things to go!"
Then he slithered and slunk, with a smile most unpleasant,
Around the whole stadium, and took everything present!
Brews! And Buff Gear! Sweatshirts! Hats!
The Gameday Guides! Popcorn! And Buffalo brats!
And he stuffed them in bags. Then the Gronk, very nimbly,
Stuffed all the bags, one by one, up the runway!
Then he slunk back to the field. He shook the Billsfans!
He shook the Buffalo media! Then on with the plan!
He cleaned the clock of every defender on his way to score.
Why, that Gronk even took their will to play anymore!
He pushed all the Bills down that were in sight.
"And NOW!" grinned Gronk, "I will Tre’davious White!"
As the Gronk was grabbed and shoved on every play,
And he played through it all to a 2 TD day.
He turned around fast and he saw the small Bill!
Tre’davious White, who was a bitter little pill.
The Gronk had been caught by this tiny Bill daughter,
Who Gronk wanted to throw in ice cold water.
She stared at the Gronk and said, "Gronk, die,”
"you have to stop taking our Playoff chances so Die"
But, you know, that old Gronk was so smart and so slick,
He thought up a retort, and he thought it up quick!
"Why, my sweet little girl," the Gronk replied,
"There's a pass coming so stop grabbing my side."
"And I'm going for my 3rd TD, my sweet dear."
"I'll jump up there. Then I'll bring it back here."
And his words infuriated the child as Gronk patted her head,
But Tre’Davious pushed Gronk hard and caught the ball instead.
And when Tre’davious came down near the sideline,
Dola pounced into action and hit her one last time!
Then the last thing anyone could think would transpire!
Gronk lost control, and forearmed White to great ire.
As the sweet little Bills player lay still, motionless.
On the hard cold ground feet where ended Gronk’s success.
And Gronk was castigated and cursed for retaliating.
"They're finding out now that no Playoff is coming!"
"They're just waking up! I know just what they'll do!"
"Their mouths will hang open a minute or two,
Then the Bilsfans down in Buffville will all cry BooHoo!"
"That's a noise," grinned the Gronk, "That I simply MUST hear!"
So he paused. And the Gronk put his hand to his ear.
And he did hear a sound rising over the snow.
It started in low. Then it started to grow.
But the sound wasn't sad! Why, this sound sounded merry!
It couldn't be so! But it WAS merry! VERY!
He stared down at Buffville! The Gronk popped his eyes!
Then he shook! What he saw was a shocking surprise!
Every Billsfan down in Buffville, the tall and the small,
Was singing! Without any Playoffs at all!
He HADN'T stopped Playoffs from coming just the SAME!
This Season for Billsfans had ended the same!
And the Gronk, with his Gronk-feet ice-cold in the snow,
Stood puzzling and puzzling: "How could it be so?"
"It came with bad losses! It came without wins!"
"It came without great plays, hard work, or discipline!"
And he puzzled three hours, till his puzzler was sore.
Then the Gronk thought of something he hadn't before!
"Maybe football joy," he thought, "doesn't come from a win."
"Maybe Football...perhaps...means a little bit more!"
And what happened then? Well...in Buffville they say,
That the Gronk's awareness Grew three sizes that day!
And the minute his mind didn't feel quite so tight,
He whizzed with his load through the bright morning streets,
And he brought back the Buffalo joy! And food for the feast!

And he, HE himself! The Gronk spoke of the LOVE of the GAME!

Because at the end of the day, FOOTBALL fans are really the Same.
BRILLIANT!

I get what you are saying.....BUT the fact remains that while the negatives SHOULD be trivial, they remain a distinct irritation that diminish part of the satisfaction that I deserve as a fan of this team, simply because they exist.

What this franchise has done for close to 2 decades is remarkable, in fact unprecedented. Yet, instead of being universally admired for its dedication to hard work and focus of an absolute meritocracy; it's reviled for ultimately just being so damned consistently good, and the excuse for this have been the unjustified incidents of spygate, deflategate, and now this latest miscue. BTW- if Gronk played on any other team in the league, do you think what he did would have been such a big issue with the media??? I don't think so.

In an ideal world, we wouldn't have had to put up with this unjust BS for the last decade. But it it isn't. And if I were a more strong minded, less passionate person, I wouldn't have let it get to me....but I'm not. So in the end, it is what it is, and we are what we are. Monday can't get here soon enough

I'm kinda of the same mindset as you but what gets my goat is the arrogance and destructiveness of the owners and the league office. I shouldn't let it get to me but how the owners, Goody, his brownshirts and merry band of idiots play this inconsistent, incompetent, manipulative, destructive PR game drives me crazy. How they have used the greatness of this franchise, this coach and QB to consolidate its (his) power, play this game of chicken with the NFLPA and keep the fans interested in WWE-like storylines 24/7 is unconscionable. How they've played this discipline game with hits, etc and keeping players "safe" is also deplorable.

Last edited:

Gronk wouldn’t be as popular if he played on another team either.

I get what you are saying but what morons gave to say has nothing to do with my enjoyment of the success of this team. I just don’t care what they say because it doesn’t matter to me at all. That’s how I was suggesting you approach it.

Perhaps a better way to look at this isn’t his or why the haters hate, because they would hate regardless of the reason they choose, but by looking at how large the fan base has increased, which is not only enormous in numbers but in the level fans are connected to the team.
The number on our side keeps growing so who cares how those in the outside react?

Gronk had a melt down. I can sympathize with WHY it happened, while at the same time I can never condone what he did. But like in all things in life there are consequences for your actions (existential theory), and here is just a partial list of what that momentary insanity has wrought.

It will cost him:

1. At least $230K in his one game paycheck, and up to $2.5MM in incentives he now might not make.

2. It is going to cost him millions more in off field money as his "lovable frat boy goof" image that he very carefully and skillfully built up over the last 7 years is being universally trashed by the sports media, and the negative criticism isn't going to end any time soon. Gronk is now a "bad guy".

3. There is now no way he's going to be the All Pro TE, even if his stats, impact, and blocking abilities are better than Ertz, Kelce, and Graham. That is another award that is media based and they are not going to give it to a guy who committed what is being viewed as a heinous act.
Which also impact one of his incentives

4. He has opened himself up to even more cheap shots from his opponents who, being whipped up by this media frenzy, will feel enabled to give him back what he "dished out"

5. When he now goes into a game the refs will be looking even MORE closely at everything he does...and a few things he does not. There will be no sympathy or breaks for Gonk in the near future, and that directly affects the chances for HIS team to win games.

So his personal consequences could be huge, but that is not what this thread is about

What it costs US

1. For the last 2 months almost all but the most ardent haters have grudgingly come around to giving the Pats the kind of respect that this team and organization deserves. Key injuries? Doesn't matter to the Pats. They can make anyone into a contributor. Deflategate was being viewed as the screw job it was by the casual fan, and even the national media repeated that message (grudgingly)

Well over the last 3 days that "era of good feeling" is GONE. All the haters are back with a vengeance and even the more moderate media, smelling blood in the water, are gladly piling on. Here is a great chance to trash the Pats and there isn't even a question of innocence like with Brady. Gronk is guilty as charged. We have it on tape and we will be playing it every chance we get. :rolleyes:

Now that is a burden that WE as ardent fans have to bear, and it was TOTALLY unnecessary. I am really pissed at Gronk and I feel the need for him to know the DEPTH of what his actions have caused BEYOND his own image and wallet. And to that end I expect a sincere apology, not only to TWhite, but to US as well. He has made every Pats fan's life just a little darker and harder to deal with. So instead of enjoying this great 8 game run to the playoffs, talking football and future prospects, we now have to deal with haters (more than usual) and mediot pukes looking to make hay off an incident like this.

Here's hoping that when he returns to the fold next Monday, that there will be the apology that I'm looking for and not only to White, his teammates, and the organization. But one to the fans who have stood behind him and this team for decades.
He owes me nothing. And as far as how the Pats were "just finally" getting the respect they so deserved (grudgingly) the Pats are literally worshipped as GOAT Coach, GOAT QG, and GOAT Dynasty already, and playing the disrespect card at this point is silly.

There is some truth to the damage he has done to his image. I mean he does not want to be known like "Suh". He has to deal with that. You are letting it bother you too much. I would rather win 9 Super Bowls, and have everyone hate Gronk, Brady, the team etc.. then be the lowly Browns or something, and have people think we are nice.

I’m going to chalk this one up to old age and a late night, Ken. ;)Gronkowski is already losing enough as it is for a very simple “heat of the moment” type of mistake. He’s paying dearly for his millisecond lapse in judgement. He doesn’t owe us fans a thing.

Now...I reserve the right to change my mind and dig this thread up if they blow the game on Monday night. :cool:
Screw that selfish frat boy and his WWE ********.

:D

Screw that selfish frat boy and his WWE ********.

:D

I want to throw my beer at him just like that Jaguar's fan did to Quinton Jefferson in Jacksonville.

On second thought, picking on a 300+-pound guy who is already in a bad mood and can likely bench press 400 - 500 pounds or more while in arm's reach may not be the best idea.:)

I have decided I will let bygones be bygones and welcome Gronk back into the fold after his well deserved vacation. The man needed his rest.

actually.........that's your problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye