PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Time for a New Offensive Coordinator

Keep digging a massive hole for yourself trying to act like McDaniels isn't completely exposed without Tom Brady and led a horrible offense not only this season, but last year from Oct-Dec with the GOAT.
So you can’t give me games where Harris was red hot in the first quarter the no carries later?

You said there were multiple.

He is incapable of committing to the run.

Granted, most HC's and OC's in the league are likewise hypnotized by the pass, and their dropping the QB back in situations where merely running it into the line would have clinched it resulted in lots of Patriots victories.

I don't mind other teams being stupid but I do not want to be victimized by it ourselves.

Weis ran the ball when the situation demanded it. That made him successful.

Agree

The scouting department's concerns over Nkeal Harry were over-ridden because he 'aced' his Foxboro workout with McDaniels. So we have upset scouts bailing ship.
Belichick makes the picks but he's getting terrible advice in the room. We once drafted Laurence Maroney with a 1st rounder because McDaniels' kid brother coached him in Minnesota, drafted him over heated Patriot scout concerns. Get rid of the entire John Carroll cabal of horrible talent evaluators.

I see. The John Carroll boys get zero credit for Welker, Amendola, Meyers and every other successful player to wear a Patriot uniform and win Super Bowls and all the blame for those who don't quite work out.

Got it.

Heinicke had a cup of coffee with New England in 2017 before getting discarded.
No doubt it was McDaniels who ran him off :)

The offense is more challenging to learn then other teams from a QB, WR and TE perspective which of course causes some players to fail where they might succeeded on other teams. You need to buy in 100% and dedicate yourself more so then other teams to be successful.

Last edited:
The best part of all those bozos who call for McDaniel's head is that he will be OC for the foreseeable future -- until he gets a HC gig -- and no amount of whining and *****ing will change that.

On a more serious note I really don't understand what people want except "lol wins".

Over the years McDaniels has used and set up an offense that has dominated for over a decade exploiting matchups, using misdirection, various creative personnel groupings and had it running like smooth machine.

This year on short notice -- after Cam signed at the end of June -- they incorporated RPOs, zone/power reds, QB sweeps, QB draws and whatnot into that offense while at the same time simplifying it for that QB so he could learn as things went along. Newton had blatant issues with the passing aspect of the offense but the entire added dimensions worked for the most part really well as the numbers of our rushing offense and the relative success in short yardage situation shows.

But since many are essentially just outcome obsessed all of this means nothing I suppose.

Over the years McDaniels has used and set up an offense that has dominated for over a decade exploiting matchups, using misdirection, various creative personnel groupings and had it running like smooth machine.
Now.......he rams his recently rehabbed QB into 7, 8, 9, 10, & 11 man fronts repeatedly.
3-D level misdirection and creativity

Pretty clear :) Josh is hell-bent on proving to the league a Tebow-inspired QB sneak offense can succeed even without the former #1 virgin to lead his offense

Now.......he rams his recently rehabbed QB into 7, 8, 9, 10, & 11 man fronts repeatedly.
3-D level misdirection and creativity

Pretty clear :) Josh is hell-bent on proving to the league a Tebow-inspired QB sneak offense can succeed even without the former #1 virgin to lead his offense
Newton ran 137 times. That works out to 0.87 carries per drive.
28 of these runs (over 20%) were on 3rd of 4th and short and 24 resulted in first downs. The team had 67 3rd of 4th and short.
So your argument is that if you have a good running qb, running him 42% of the time on 3rd or 4th and short resulting in an 86% rate then him running (including non designed runs) about 2 times every 3 drives is a “QB sneak” offense?
sorry e writhing resembling a fact disagrees with your opinion.

Newton ran 137 times. That works out to 0.87 carries per drive.
28 of these runs (over 20%) were on 3rd of 4th and short and 24 resulted in first downs. The team had 67 3rd of 4th and short.
So your argument is that if you have a good running qb, running him 42% of the time on 3rd or 4th and short resulting in an 86% rate then him running (including non designed runs) about 2 times every 3 drives is a “QB sneak” offense?
sorry e writhing resembling a fact disagrees with your opinion.
8 Cam passing TDs......12 Cam rushing TDs

Long live the sneak

Lets resign him and up his 4th down %

Reading item 8 of Mike Reiss’ Sunday morning notes column, it doesn’t sound like McDaniels is going to be fired or leave for a HC position soon.

8 Cam passing TDs......12 Cam rushing TDs

Long live the sneak

Lets resign him and up his 4th down %
No one disagrees cam sucks. This conversation was about your misunderstanding.

Chad O'Shea is Passing Game coordinator for Cleveland and totally turned around Baker Mayfield's career as well as Cleveland's receivers after Odell went on IR. Bring back O'Shea as new Patriot Offensive Coordinator.

Reading item 8 of Mike Reiss’ Sunday morning notes column, it doesn’t sound like McDaniels is going to be fired or leave for a HC position soon.

Please no. A Ziegler/McDaniels combo will further make this the 4-12 Denver Broncos (2010) from where they crawled from

Cleveland Browns offense averaged 25 points per game, 380 yards per game, almost 2 RBs with 1000 yards and revitalized Baker Mayfield's career. Browns up 28-0 on the Steelers after the first quarter. Time to change things up and bring in Chad O'Shea as new offensive coordinator.

Heinicke had a cup of coffee with New England in 2017 before getting discarded.
No doubt it was McDaniels who ran him off :)
I don't want to get political. But I would not want that kid on this team. Same reason I would not want Tyreke Hill. Content of character. Sure, Brady is "friends" with Trump. But he is a terrible judge of character. Look at his relationship with Guerrero. I can live with it. Nobody is perfect. There is a difference between that and just being an awful person.

I don't want to get political. But I would not want that kid on this team. Same reason I would not want Tyreke Hill. Content of character. Sure, Brady is "friends" with Trump. But he is a terrible judge of character. Look at his relationship with Guerrero. I can live with it. Nobody is perfect. There is a difference between that and just being an awful person.

Tom Brady, Bill Belichick, and Robert Kraft are all hardcore Republicans. I think it gets weird when we can only support athletes who have the exact same politics as your own..

Why do you think Gase and O'Shea will improve our offense?

What exactly is Josh not doing well?
Josh's short-yardage play-calling is - and has been for a long, Long time now - garbage.

Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing
Matthew Slater Set For New Role With Patriots
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/10: News and Notes
Patriots Draft Rumors: Teams Facing ‘Historic’ Price For Club to Trade Down
Back