PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Tidbits from new book on Belichick

Status
Not open for further replies.
Haven't read the book, just some excepts. But tell me when there is a direct quote attributed to someone. And not one that is implied if you look sideways at it and squint.

Some crazy stuff in this ESPN article, which features tidbits from the book by Ian O’Conner.

Take them all with a grain of salt:
- Brady considered retirement after last season due to rocky relationship with Bill
- Belichick “didn’t believe” Brady in Deflategate
- Brady thought Spygate was “likely true”
- and more....

Book: Brady considered 'divorce' from Belichick
TB12 was not a star in high school or college. He barely got drafted into the NFL and was the fourth QB (behind Drew Bledsoe, Michael Bishop, and John Friesz) on a crappy New England Patriots team (8-8 in 1999). Coach saw something in the kid and built an offense around him. Now he is the GOAT. I hope none of the crap in this book is coming from that fourth string QB. Make no mistake the other GOAT is the only reason TB12 is what he is. A lot of kids with a lot of potential wash out of the NFL -- I believe six QBs drafted ahead of him did that. Shut up and sing TB12.

Anyone else tired of the nameless sources bull crap?

If it’s true put your name to it.

To many of these hack writers/reporters aren’t being put on the spot with the S*** they spew.

This goes for Curran as well, who once again started the Brady isnt going to end his career a Patriot.

FYI Tom E Curran by the time his deal expires he will be turning 43 what team in their right F****** mind is going to sign/trade for a 43 year QB???

Then the media wonders why Brady and B.B. are salty talking to them.

If BB truly thinks of TB12 as a "system quarterback" and can sub 15~ other QBs in his place and get the same production, this begs the question why he can't seem to do this with our defense?

Of course, the obvious answer is this book is a bunch of BS, but the logic used within is so easy to debunk.

Most recent bombshell: Tom Brady requested a piece of gym equipment, via Brian Cashman. And Belichick said Tom Brady gets what he wants because he’s a premium quarterback.

That’s weird because earlier in the book I thought a former staffer said Brady is nothing special.

I’m going to write a book about someone famous, maybe Bono. I’ll just go through TMZ and paraphrase all the gossip, then call it a book.

Most recent bombshell: Tom Brady requested a piece of gym equipment, via Brian Cashman. And Belichick said Tom Brady gets what he wants because he’s a premium quarterback.

That’s weird because earlier in the book I thought a former staffer said Brady is nothing special.

I’m going to write a book about someone famous, maybe Bono. I’ll just go through TMZ and paraphrase all the gossip, then call it a book.

People are openly hostile to truth these days. Lies are the in thing and they sell

If Bill thought he could turn any top 15 QB into Tom Brady why didn’t they just trade him after like 2010 and get a bunch of draft picks. Doesn’t really make sense.

If Bill thought he could turn any top 15 QB into Tom Brady why didn’t they just trade him after like 2010 and get a bunch of draft picks. Doesn’t really make sense.

There’s an answer for that, but it’s shocking. You’ll need to buy Ian O’Connor’s book to find out why. Pre-order now!

I mean Bill has already come out and said Tom is the greatest, so it’s pretty safe to assume this is a load of BS.

EEI had a theory that Chris Simms (former assistant, failed QB, known Brady hater, petty troll) is the anonymous source and it makes sense.

I can only say one thing about this book

Ok two

Fake news rigged witch hunt

It’s Ian O’Connor so the odds are very high it’s wrong.

But pretend for a second it’s not.

Then so what? If BB and Brady can’t stand each what’s the big deal and what does it matter? Likewise if the coaching staff actually did feel they’d have a lot of success with any top-half-of-the-league QB. Big whoop.

There have been plenty of teams in plenty of sports where the important people hated each other. What matters is if they can work together professionally, which is something Brady, BB, etc. clearly do. If the results are good, who cares what they think of each other?

TB12 was not a star in high school or college. He barely got drafted into the NFL and was the fourth QB (behind Drew Bledsoe, Michael Bishop, and John Friesz) on a crappy New England Patriots team (8-8 in 1999). Coach saw something in the kid and built an offense around him. Now he is the GOAT. I hope none of the crap in this book is coming from that fourth string QB. Make no mistake the other GOAT is the only reason TB12 is what he is. A lot of kids with a lot of potential wash out of the NFL -- I believe six QBs drafted ahead of him did that. Shut up and sing TB12.

Imagine actually believing this

It’s Ian O’Connor so the odds are very high it’s wrong.

But pretend for a second it’s not.

Then so what? If BB and Brady can’t stand each what’s the big deal and what does it matter? Likewise if the coaching staff actually did feel they’d have a lot of success with any top-half-of-the-league QB. Big whoop.

There have been plenty of teams in plenty of sports where the important people hated each other. What matters is if they can work together professionally, which is something Brady, BB, etc. clearly do. If the results are good, who cares what they think of each other?

I agree. I believe it’s foolish to think the coach and players should get along. Lol come on! Teachers and students do not get along. Managers and employees, ceo and managers, stock holders and ceo. On and on. The thought that brady would hang out and play video games with belichick on the off Wednesday is absurd. So what’s next? Alexander Cutler goes bowling with Eaton employees? Yeah, I don’t think so

Actually I was thinking the same thing about the predictable reaction from the Patriot Pinkhat PomPom crowd, "The blind loyalty among these pukes is revolting, but not surprising." :D

Just take your heads out of your a%$.....errrr....out of the sand and remember this kids, Tom Brady's dad: 'It will end badly' in New England

ha ha ha ha what a dumb response. Embarrassing! The whole world knows there is genuine strife between Belichick and Brady, Brady's own father states publicly that it will not end well for his son in New England but the PomPoms cover their ears with their hands and yell " I can't hear you, I can't hear you "...…:p Would you please grow up! You pinkhats embarrass us real Patriot fans.

The quote from Tom Brady, Sr. was referencing the idea that Jimmy Garoppolo would replace TB12. That didn’t happen, so it makes you look like a foolish, ignorant poster, considering you are clearly here to pick a fight and that’s the best you can do.

Yes, everyone knows there is some friction between Belichick and Brady. Every Pats fan knows that when anything happens with the Patriots, you can guarantee it’s going to become an enormous national headline and most of these writers are ****roaches picking at a carcass, as is the case here with O’Connor having nothing new to share so just rehashing old headlines and rumors but shouting them louder than before, all to make a buck. Everyone also knows that it’s very rare for coaches and players, regardless of the team, to get along for a sustained period of time, just as in any relationship, but especially difficult in the entertainment industry. And everyone knows that Brady and Belichick have probably feuded often over the years, but the fact is they’ve stayed together for a remarkable period of time for a head coach and quarterbacks going on 20 years, which is way more shocking than these little gossip feeds that sound like a 7th grade cafeteria.

The Patriots have a permanent anal probe attached to them whereby every time they take a dump, four hundred reporters analyze the trajectory of the feces, the intent of it, and all the ramifications of it. Unfortunately many of them also ingest it and become full of it.

Now to scurry along back to your hole. We’ll see you in five years or so when Brady retires and you can be the first to say “I told you so,” which will feel so very unsatisfying, just as it does now.

"One New England assistant said the general feeling among staff members around that time wasn't that Belichick's system could make Super Bowl quarterbacks out of all 32 NFL starters. 'But if you gave us any of the top 15, we could do it,' the assistant said. 'I don't think the coaches view Tom as special as everyone else in football does. Mr. Kraft thinks Tom is the greatest gift ever, but the coaches don't.'"

Tom Brady just got disrespected so bad by his own team

One of the more interesting nuggets that surfaced was an alleged conversation between Belichick and New York Yankees general manager Brian Cashman, who reportedly received a bit of gossip about Brady from the Patriots head man.

“New York Yankees general manager Brian Cashman recalled in the book that Belichick told him years earlier about a disagreement Brady had with a Patriots strength coach over equipment,” per ESPN. “Belichick said, ‘If Tom Brady wants it, Tom Brady gets it. If you get a player at that level, you get him what he needs, even if the strength coach says otherwise.'”

NFL Rumors: What Bill Belichick Told Brian Cashman About Tom Brady

Well, which is it? Top 15, or "at that level"? Belichick doesn't seem to be going along with the assistant's program on this.

O'Connor called Belichick mentally unstable when he walked away from the Jet job. C'mon...he got shyt all over his face and it hasn't worn off in 18 years. Now he wrote the perfect piece of toilet paper by the page. Good job, Ian Borges Tomase...the putz parade continues unabated.

BREAKING: In his new book, ESPN's Ian O'Connor alleges that Tom Brady's personal trainer, Alex Guerrero, was banned from Patriots team facilities in 2017. O'Connor also reports shocking news that former tight end Aaron Hernandez had gang-related ties and may have committed at least one violent act, according to a source.

Big if true.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Back