PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Tidbits from new book on Belichick

Status
Not open for further replies.
So because the book reinforces your particular thoughts, even though it's "dramatized," in other words, made up, you're all in on it. Gotcha.

So you can say with certainty it’s made up then?

This isn’t simply a matter of differing opinions, but my opinion vs your irrefutable facts.

You’ve sat down with Tom, Bill, Kraft, other players, coaches, staffers, etc. and they’ve refuted every bit of this to you?

If that’s the case, I concede to you.

But that’s not the case is it. It’s just more comfortable for you to believe everything is all good in Patriot land and the evil sportswriters are out to get us again.

Whatever though. I’m certainly not campaigning to change your mind.

Some crazy stuff in this ESPN article, which features tidbits from the book by Ian O’Conner.

Take them all with a grain of salt:
- Brady considered retirement after last season due to rocky relationship with Bill
- Belichick “didn’t believe” Brady in Deflategate
- Brady thought Spygate was “likely true”
- and more....

Book: Brady considered 'divorce' from Belichick

No ****, BB said he did it, It wasn't a big deal, every team in the league was doing it, it only became an issue because the Jets had a hissy fit the year after the patriots asked the jets not to film. Spygate was purely a parity correction since the patriots were dominating the league.

No ****, BB said he did it, It wasn't a big deal, every team in the league was doing it, it only became an issue because the Jets had a hissy fit the year after the patriots asked the jets not to film. Spygate was purely a parity correction since the patriots were dominating the league.
Yes, we know.

Look at the ticker at the top and it says Brady would consider divorce from BB.

Then you read the “I think” part. How irresponsible of all these media outlets to title anything other than “Ian McConner thinks Brady considered divorce from Belichick.”

It saddens me of this countries reading comprehension for what they consider truth in tabloid fashion. “Sources is just a figment of our imagination in todays world.” I don’t even call what most of these people write journalism anymore.
The truth no longer matters in this messed up world.

Agreed. Jimmy G was Belichick's next QB in waiting and was forced to trade him. Since we know what high regard BB held Garappolo (met weekly with his backup QB) and given how the trade to SF went down (looked like an angry GM calling up his boy in SF and trading a player he had been grooming as the heir ) I'm sure that's done a lot for the warm and loving relationship between Brady and Belichick especially if the often pouty and whiney Brady when running to the owner and forced BB's hand. IMO Brady either retires in 2019 or will play somewhere else because Belichick will outlast him here in New England.

Belichick has stated that he does not see him self being the next Marv Levy and coaching in his 70's. That is 4 years. Brady wants another 4 years. I can see these two winning another Super Bowl and riding out into the sunset in 2022 as the greatest QB and coach in the history of the sport.

Maybe because i am 100 years old, but after so many decades of suck, I am beyond thrilled that the TEAM I ROOT FOR has won 5 Superbowls, and is in the mix every single year. This is beyond my wildest dreams.

Football, Stocks, Computers, etc all businesses run by humans. Humans have egos, jealousies, issues, etc. I frankly don't care what the exact reality is or is not, as long as the team wins.

Bottom Line.

So you can say with certainty it’s made up then?

This isn’t simply a matter of differing opinions, but my opinion vs your irrefutable facts.

You’ve sat down with Tom, Bill, Kraft, other players, coaches, staffers, etc. and they’ve refuted every bit of this to you?

If that’s the case, I concede to you.

But that’s not the case is it. It’s just more comfortable for you to believe everything is all good in Patriot land and the evil sportswriters are out to get us again.

Whatever though. I’m certainly not campaigning to change your mind.
Couldn't change anyone's mind either because it seems like the world's onto 3-4 similar viewpoints max and no one would listen anyway.

But, regarding dramatization since you raised it, it's likely based off of mostly not firsthand sources and the fluffing it up and out. It's not really re-enactment or Biography approved by subject.

I don't want to even discuss the possible agenda of the author and whom he is employed by (see ESPN). The guy just has a punchable looking face. (Sorry, OT.)

DnbNM0QUYAAv-Ii.jpg

Brady-Belichick had some things to work through in the last 18 months, they're still working together, that's all that really matters to me, the working relationship issues being dressed as soap opera doesn't interest me though I do reckon there are some that like the "dirt" of it all and some that love only that "dirt."

Actually I was thinking the same thing about the predictable reaction from the Patriot Pinkhat PomPom crowd, "The blind loyalty among these pukes is revolting, but not surprising." :D

Just take your heads out of your a%$.....errrr....out of the sand and remember this kids, Tom Brady's dad: 'It will end badly' in New England
You're a Giants fan. You know it and I know it. And we've both actually known it for a long time.

"Brady thought Spygate was “likely true”"

Wow this Ian dumb ass has some incredible inside information!!! Considering Bill publicly admitted to it day one. What a jerk off :D

It happened in front of 60,000 people. Quite the secret conspiracy.

The thing IO doesn't have going for him is book sales from the Pats haters. They won't spend any money on the book, they'll just cull their remarks from reviews and all the interviews O'Connor gives, mainly in New England. Library? You think any Pats hater has been to a library? Well, a dozen Jete fans could chip in to buy it, but then there's the real problem, nobody to read it.
Given the ratings that Felcher and Mazz have, O'Connor will make a fortune from NE fans buying the book.

Belichick has stated that he does not see him self being the next Marv Levy and coaching in his 70's.
Yes he did say that, but when was that comment? 10 years ago? It is perfectly reasonable for a guy in his 50's to say "hey I don't want to coach in my 70's" and then, 10 years later, decide he doesn't want to retire yet.

If he can get 10 wins a year, he passes Shula when he is 72. That just might be a carrot he sees dangled in front of him.

The truth no longer matters in this messed up world.

Anything that will attract attention.

Step 1 - Tell lies and the more sensational the better.

Step 2 - Becomes water cooler talk that spreads like wildfire. Did you hear?

Step 3 - Once it hits the media the lie becomes fact because everyone is discussing it so it must have some truth to it. You know, have you noticed Brady's body language around Belichick?

Step 4 - Bask in the glory that you were the first to break this big news.

350 resources? Wow! Can he count that far?

Apparently Patriots "sources" felt they could've won 5 superbowls with any other top 15 QB cause Brady a system QB

Can’t say I disagree haha

I’m sure a lot of this is dramatized for a book, but so much of this echoes thoughts I’ve had.

But you’ll never get a real discussion of this here. Anything anti-patriot is dismissed as jealousy or hack journalism.

BALONEY
Here, even Pats Homos like me criticize BB for his decisions in games (last SB, last Sunday), his personnel moves, etc. We sometimes criticize Bob "Vichy" Kraft. And criticize Tom Effing Brady for his cray-cray health proclamations.
But just because we're not 24/7 negative, you Negative Nancy superior attitude snowflakes can't handle it.

Seek professional help for those "thoughts I've had".

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing
Matthew Slater Set For New Role With Patriots