PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Thursday Night Football: Vikings vs Rams

If by wilted you mean an eagles player took him out of the game with a targeted shot to his head while he wasn't looking, then yeah, he totally wilted.

Im pretty sure he was talking about how he cost the Patriots 7 points, you know enough points to win the game, by trying to hurdle a defender.

Also, how he ran around in a circle with the ball allowing himself to be easily targeted.

Im pretty sure he was talking about how he cost the Patriots 7 points, you know enough points to win the game, by trying to hurdle a defender.

Also, how he ran around in a circle with the ball allowing himself to be easily targeted.

Just so I'm clear,

You guys are mad that he

1.) tried to get through a defender and failed

and

2.) tried to get past a defender in another way and failed, being knocked out of the game in the process.

Is that correct? Your pissed that he didn't try to go through someone, AND that he tried to go through someone and failed. And because of that he "Wilted" under pressure, and you're happier now with Patterson.

It sounds like to me, like you two have no idea what talent looks like, and once again are blaming the offense for the superbowl, when it was pretty clearly the defense that was the issue.

Imagine the draft picks we would have if our team won between 3-7 games a year for several years?

Imagine the Tavon Wilsons, Jordan Richards, Darius Butlers, Terrance Wheatleys, Malcolm Browns, Ras I Dowlings we would have.

Buy high - Sell low.

Why wouldn't you draft a Sony Michel in the 1st round? A JAG RB seems like a perfect option to improve your team. Its not like BB had a previous experience of drafting a failed RB in the 1st to help guide his decision making.

The argument would be that the Pats are a more balanced team. Basically, they’re a bunch of *middle* guys from the old “Blades of Steel” hockey game, whereas the LA Rams are a combo of skinny (stars) and fat (worthless JAGs).

So far, the Rams look better, but the hope is that things will even themselves out as the season progresses. To take it one step further, the Rams currently hold an advantage by having a franchise QB on his rookie deal. Whether or not they’ll be able to stay relevant in a couple of years is anyone’s guess. There’s no doubt that recent injuries and poor drafting have hurt the NEP, but we’ve seen them bounce back from that before during the next season.

My point exactly. Lots of middle tier talent.

Oft injured and aging middle tier talent = very low talent.
I get your argument. I’m not sure that I totally agree with it, but I understand where you’re coming from. Let’s see how the season plays out.

I am not a doomer and gloomer, and I am fully supportive of the Pats and the hope/thought, etc. that they will get it figured out and be great this year like always, but man, when I was watching that game last night, all I could think was, "wow, both these teams look way better than us." And Cooks being all over the field and looking great did not help things. Edelman and the Josh Gordon experiment can't get started fast enough for me.

Just so I'm clear,

You guys are mad that he

1.) tried to get through a defender and failed
and
2.) tried to get past a defender in another way and failed, being knocked out of the game in the process.

Yes, because "trying" isn't good enough, especially when the "try" is done in a braindead stupid fashion.

In (1) all he had to do was a simple juke. If not that, then actually try to get through the defender. Attempting to jump over a standing defender isn't trying. It's being incredibly stupid. I don't give someone credit for "trying" to do something idiotic especially when almost any other action would lead to a better outcome.

As for (2), see (1). No "try" points for being a complete idiot. It's not his fault he was knocked out, but what he was doing before getting KOd was no less stupid for that.

I am not a doomer and gloomer, and I am fully supportive of the Pats and the hope/thought, etc. that they will get it figured out and be great this year like always, but man, when I was watching that game last night, all I could think was, "wow, both these teams look way better than us." And Cooks being all over the field and looking great did not help things. Edelman and the Josh Gordon experiment can't get started fast enough for me.
When I was watching that game last night all I could think was how much I absolutely HATE how this once-great pro game has devolved into basketball in cleats with defense all but outlawed. It's now a matter of simply letting receivers catch the ball and hands off the quarterback. Receivers for both teams were wide open all night. And 500 yards passing combined from both teams before halftime? That's just crap. This isn't the game I grew up with and have loved all my life. As I've stated earlier, if this becomes the norm I will no longer be a fan.

TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Back