PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Thursday Night Football....Raiders @ Chiefs

Status
Not open for further replies.
That person is incorrect. According to the nfl playoff machine, even if NE loses to Baltimore, they win the 1 seed by winning the remaining 3 games even if oak and KC win out.

There is ALWAYS at least one team that can control it's own destiny.

Visit the NFL Playoff Predictor

Seems to make sense to me:

Assuming we lose to the Ravens:

Johnson was drafted the same year as Wilfork and is like the face of the franchise. KC is playing for each other like the Royals of 2015. An injury to a player like this can motivate for each guy to play a little harder.

Writing ridiculous stuff like that just takes away any credibility. In what universe is losing an important player not that bad because "it can motivate players to play harder" ? Seriously ? You are going a bit overboard and are pretty close to KC homerism with sentences like that.

He has 10 days to rest his finger. If it's not in decent shape by next week, I would say it will be a lingering issue for him. Oakland now most likely has to go on the road in the playoffs and play in a cold environment - that's not good for his finger at all.

West coast teams traveling East to play have an abysmal record too.

I still am wondering which team I would rather have the Pats need to pick out of their cleats

Agreed on Oakland.

KC is playing its best and getting healthy at the right time.

They just lost one of their best defensive players for the season. I know Derrick Johnson isn't what he used to be, but he is still a great LB and he tore his Achilles last night.

?????

The Chiefs jumped out to a big lead, and then played "kill the clock".

That's what teams tell you after the game when they sucked. The raiders defense is pathetic and the Chiefs basically did nothing all night.

They rely way too much on defense and special teams scoring

I wouldn't call that game "fairly easy". Have you seen how the Titans have been playing of late? Denver is going to have their hands full.

Really? I wasn't aware of that. I usually don't pay attention to the AFC south as they are a punching bag for the rest of the AFC. This game might be worth paying attention to.

I am still not afraid of either of these teams. KC turned the ball over 3 times and only scored 14 points on offense against a bad Oakland defense.

They just lost one of their best defensive players for the season. I know Derrick Johnson isn't what he used to be, but he is still a great LB and he tore his Achilles last night.

By all accounts he is still better than his replacement which opens up new ways to go to work on the KC defense a bit. Wish him all the best and hope he doesn't have to go out like that but the bottomline is that it's a plus for our team.

Seems to make sense to me:

Assuming we lose to the Ravens:

This Joe Ferreira guy keeps changing his mind. The only team in the AFC that controls it's own destiny for the 1 seed is NE even with a baltimore loss. It doesn't matter at this point what KC and Oakland do.

Really? I wasn't aware of that. I usually don't pay attention to the AFC south as they are a punching bag for the rest of the AFC. This game might be worth paying attention to.

Mariota, of late, has been playing some very good football. They also have the second best rushing attack in the entire league and their defense has been good enough to where it can certainly take advantage of Denver on offense and keep the game close. This is actually a game that really intrigues me this weekend.

I am still not afraid of either of these teams. KC turned the ball over 3 times and only scored 14 points on offense against a bad Oakland defense.

I agree. The Chiefs continue to win games through low percentage scores (pick-6, pick-2, punt returns). With all due respect this is something that generally is not sustainable over an extended period of time.. especially in the playoffs where the competency level of opponents goes substantially up..

Writing ridiculous stuff like that just takes away any credibility. In what universe is losing an important player not that bad because "it can motivate players to play harder" ? Seriously ? You are going a bit overboard and are pretty close to KC homerism with sentences like that.

Well, lets see what happens?

Also, I am just pointing out my observations. For some reason the ball is bouncing KCs way this season. Like Carrs pass hitting the camera wire last night on what would have been a long gain and possibly a TD. KC is delivering in all 3 phases and the coaching staff seems to be on a roll. Of course losing Johnson is a blow. Just like when NE lost Ty Law. The Pats still found a way to win.

If you do not see the similarities to the 01 Pats in the way KC is playing that is fine, but I think that you are ignorant.

This Joe Ferreira guy keeps changing his mind. The only team in the AFC that controls it's own destiny for the 1 seed is NE even with a baltimore loss. It doesn't matter at this point what KC and Oakland do.

?????

How is he changing his mind he clearly explained how none of the 3 teams would be in charge of their destiny if we lose to the Ravens on monday.

?????

The Chiefs jumped out to a big lead, and then played "kill the clock".

And they failed miserably at "Killing the clock". Here are their second half drives:

2 plays, 5 yards INT
1 play, -6 yards fumble
4 plays, 25 yards punt
9 plays, 49 yards Punt
3 plays, 4 yards punt
5 plays, 8 yards End of game

The Raiders had the ball a full three and a half minutes more than the Chiefs. The Chiefs' offense was bailed out by Chiefs' defense because neither offense could stay on the field. The Chiefs had two nice TD drives in the first half (along with another decent drive that Andy Reid blew because he went for it on 4th down rather than kicking the field goal) and did nothing else all night except keep on giving the ball back to Derek Carr.

Well, lets see what happens?

Also, I am just pointing out my observations. For some reason the ball is bouncing KCs way this season. Like Carrs pass hitting the camera wire last night on what would have been a long gain and possibly a TD. KC is delivering in all 3 phases and the coaching staff seems to be on a roll. Of course losing Johnson is a blow. Just like when NE lost Ty Law. The Pats still found a way to win.

If you do not see the similarities to the 01 Pats in the way KC is playing that is fine, but I think that you are ignorant.

I don't care about any historic similarities because all of this is meaningless, narrative crap. The Chiefs turned over the ball essentially 4 times and won. How is this "the ball is bouncing their way" ? They outplayed the Raiders in those 4-5 key plays and that's why they won.

Every game comes down to finding advantageous matchups and then executing on them. All those historic facts and stats are ultimately meaningless noise..

?????

How is he changing his mind he clearly explained how none of the 3 teams would be in charge of their destiny if we lose to the Ravens on monday.

Oh I see what he's saying. He's saying if:

-NE loses to baltimore and wins the remaining 3; AND

-Oakland wins out; AND

-KC loses their next three

THEN Oakland would have the tie breaker over NE. Ok this makes sense now.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey