PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Thursday Night Football....Raiders @ Chiefs

Status
Not open for further replies.
Cool thanks for the reply. I think our best chance to secure #1 would be to win Monday night, losing Monday makes losing 2 in a row a real possibility having to go into Denver on a short week.

Yes, the next two games will be physical. Denver has a fairly easy game against tennessee, while us and baltimore beat the hell out of each other. If NE wins against baltimore, denver and jets, we can drop the miami game and still be the 1 seed. Week 17 could potentially be one where guys get some rest (ie, bennett) heading into the divisional.

That person is incorrect. According to the nfl playoff machine, even if NE loses to Baltimore, they win the 1 seed by winning the remaining 3 games even if oak and KC win out.

There is ALWAYS at least one team that can control it's own destiny.

Visit the NFL Playoff Predictor

Last edited:
Yes, the next two games will be physical. Denver has a fairly easy game against tennessee, .

DEN has major problems on offense and is 4-4 in their last 8 scoring and allowing 21ppg. TN is .500 and having a respectable year (for TN). With a hobbled DEN Qb it has the chance of being a pretty tight game

Last edited:
Didn't one of their top defensive players rupture his Achilles?

Houston just came back so its somewhat of a wash.

Johnson was drafted the same year as Wilfork and is like the face of the franchise. KC is playing for each other like the Royals of 2015. An injury to a player like this can motivate for each guy to play a little harder.

Didn't one of their top defensive players rupture his Achilles?

Yes. Losing Derrick Johnson is a big blow to that defense. He was their leading tackler and their defensive signal caller. Was a Pro Bowler last year too.

Yes. Losing Derrick Johnson is a big blow to that defense. He was their leading tackler and their defensive signal caller. Was a Pro Bowler last year too.

We lose gronk, oakland's QB has a dislocated finger and KC loses johnson. It's a war of attrition.

We lose gronk, oakland's QB has a dislocated finger and KC loses johnson. It's a war of attrition.

Yep.

...and SEA loses Earl Thomas.

Carr should be ok but you never know. He was awful last night.

Yep.

...and SEA loses Earl Thomas.

Carr should be ok but you never know. He was awful last night.

He has 10 days to rest his finger. If it's not in decent shape by next week, I would say it will be a lingering issue for him. Oakland now most likely has to go on the road in the playoffs and play in a cold environment - that's not good for his finger at all.

He has 10 days to rest his finger. If it's not in decent shape by next week, I would say it will be a lingering issue for him. Oakland now most likely has to go on the road in the playoffs and play in a cold environment - that's not good for his finger at all.

Playing in OAK I was a little concerned but not at all if they come here.

I think Pitt/BAL and KC are the competition now. Lets see what happens to their run D with DJ out.

Playing in OAK I was a little concerned but not at all if they come here.

I think Pitt/BAL and KC are the competition now. Lets see what happens to their run D with DJ out.

Right now the AFC playoffs look like:

Denver (6th) at Baltimore (3rd)

Oakland (5th) at Houston (4th).

I don't see Denver going on the road in baltimore and beating them (or Pittsburgh for that matter). I could see oakland beating houston, carr's finger issue notwithstanding.

Divisional round could be set up as follows:

Oakland at NE

Baltimore at KC

Strong likelihood of Oakland coming here because I have a hard time seeing Denver going on the road and winning anywhere except maybe Houston.

Yes, the next two games will be physical. Denver has a fairly easy game against tennessee, while us and baltimore beat the hell out of each other. If NE wins against baltimore, denver and jets, we can drop the miami game and still be the 1 seed. Week 17 could potentially be one where guys get some rest (ie, bennett) heading into the divisional.

I wouldn't call that game "fairly easy". Have you seen how the Titans have been playing of late? Denver is going to have their hands full.

Right now the AFC playoffs look like:

Denver (6th) at Baltimore (3rd)

Oakland (5th) at Houston (4th).

I don't see Denver going on the road in baltimore and beating them (or Pittsburgh for that matter). I could see oakland beating houston, carr's finger issue notwithstanding.

Divisional round could be set up as follows:

Oakland at NE

Baltimore at KC

Strong likelihood of Oakland coming here because I have a hard time seeing Denver going on the road and winning anywhere except maybe Houston.

Strong possibility that holds.

NE needs to take care of business.

and if the pats and oakland end up tied, it's the pats who own the tiebreaker now. last night's KC win was huge.

I don;t believe that is true. If Oakland wins out and the Pats lose 1 the tie breaker will come down to is common games and then Strength of Victory (No head to head and conference is tied). Pretty sure Raiders have those over Patriots. So if Oakland and Pats are 13-3 and KC is 12-4 then Oakland would likely be #1 seed.

The 4 common opponents will be Broncos(X2 Oak), Ravens, Bills(X2 Pats). If Oakland wins out they have perfect win % while Pats lost to Buffalo.

So Oakland wins the west and ties with Pats at 13-3 then Oakland is #1 Seed. Of course KC controls there destiny and Pats could lose 1, tie Chiefs at 13-3 and be #1 seed.

But @signbabybrady said it was a great place!:confused:

Are those red seat reserved for certain people?

To be honest I thought for a record crowd noise stadium it was pretty underwhelming at times. Almost like Foxborough. Just further proves it's not necessarily the fans but the stadium design. I've heard much louder crowd throughout an entire game in domed stadiums and Seattle's stadium.
It is a great place. I still prefer my regular seats but it's fun in that end zone when the action is close.

You guys are funny blaming the optum. The crowds were quiet long before the optum and some of the games last year with the Brady chants are as load as the stadium had been prior.

The stadium is not designed great for sound but I've been there many a time when it's been extremely loud. This is more about our crowd being complacent. We only get loud on really big nights and even then it can take something bigger to really get us going.
04 and last year brought a little resurgence as we realized Brady only has so much left but this year I think due to 3 home games during suspension has made us quiet again.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents