PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Thursday Night Football - Miami Dolphins at Buffalo Bills

Status
Not open for further replies.
LOL, special teams game is on

lol, neither offense is capable of scoring just special teams, our division is jaw dropping bad.

Ya really worried about a team that has been outscored 60-13 the last 7 quarters

We as pats fans have been blessed by this mediocre/horrible division. In the BB/Era, has ONE team ever emerged as a strong, elite team? The best non-Patriots AFC east team since 2001 I guess was the 2010 Jets, the 2008 Fish were such a farce.

Last edited:
I'm a little worried about facing the Dolphins.

I think that divisional games will always be tough, especially with such a big target on their backs.

Many/most will underestimate them due to the fact that we have better talent and have had much past success, but I never go into those games with the feeling that they will be easy.

Boy has Reggie Bush been a big disappointment from a fantasy perspective.

He started the year off very well, and it looked like my starting RB combo of Bush/D.Martin would be formidable.

Now they aren't even playing him, as they give the majority of the carries to Daniel Thomas instead + the benching last week.

I wonder if he doesn't have some attitude issues going on or something behind the scenes there?

Bills seem quite an undisciplined team!!

The Jets and Dolphins love short crossing routes on 3rd down. You can't get a 3rd down conversion unless you beat your man, especially when you throw short of the marker.

Last edited:
I think that divisional games will always be tough, especially with such a big target on their backs.

Many/most will underestimate them due to the fact that we have better talent and have had much past success, but I never go into those games with the feeling that they will be easy.

Agreed. During the regular season the divisional games are frequently the biggest motivation that exists for a player. For instance Buffalo, they must be as motivated as they can be when they play the Patriots (considering the Patriots have owned them for many years now). Some fans lose sight of this and give an unconvincing loss to a divisional foe with too much weight. Which is not to say poor performances against them don't matter, it is to say their is an additional factor to consider.

lol, neither offense is capable of scoring just special teams, our division is jaw dropping bad.

So far it really does appear to be weak. If the Bills hold on to win this game and the Patriots simply beat the Phins and Jets in a couple of weeks, the Patriots could win the division simply winning one other game/ending up with a 9-7 record. Not to say that would be a good thing to end up 9-7......but it speaks to how weak the division appears to be.

They wasted way too much time earlier on.

Miami: 44 net yards passing, 12 net yards rushing, 1 earned first down in two full quarters of football against a mediocre Bills defense? That is EPIC ugly....

Miami: 44 net yards passing, 12 net yards rushing, 1 earned first down in two full quarters of football against a mediocre Bills defense? That is EPIC ugly....

We can only hope that they keep it going for another couple/few weeks.

I still think that they aren't utilizing Bush properly though. They were doing much better earlier in the year giving him the ball + getting it to him in space on RB passes.

Miami is not a good team. That's why I want them to win this game.

Remember 4 weeks ago when the entire division was tied at 3-3?

Oh how things have changed.

Dolphins lose tonight and the AFC East is done. Sadly, Bills have been **** in the redzone tonight so it's still not over.

if the pats pass D can't do well against Miami in a couple of weeks, i have no hope for that unit.

Miami is not a good team. That's why I want them to win this game.

While this game sure makes that a reasonable judgment call, the math says otherwise. We are effectively 4 games up on Buffalo with Buffalo unable to directly cause the Patriots a loss. The Phins are 2 games down and have the ability to effect those 2 Patriot losses themselves.

While this game sure makes that a reasonable judgment call, the math says otherwise. We are effectively 4 games up on Buffalo with Buffalo unable to directly cause the Patriots a loss. The Phins are 2 games down and have the ability to effect those 2 Patriot losses themselves.

I'm not worried about the division race. I'm thinking of potential playoff matchups. Buffalo has been able to light up the Patriots defense. I'd like to see their season ended as quickly as possible.

Last edited:
We can only hope that they keep it going for another couple/few weeks.

I still think that they aren't utilizing Bush properly though. They were doing much better earlier in the year giving him the ball + getting it to him in space on RB passes.

I don't follow the Phins very closely so I'll take your word on it -- as the Phins sure seemed more effective on the offensive side of the ball several weeks ago. However, I have always suspected Bush's level of play was more hype than actual results (again, just my suspicion -- I don't know his stats).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing
Matthew Slater Set For New Role With Patriots
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/10: News and Notes