PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Through 12 weeks.. thoughts on Gordon?

Status
Not open for further replies.
IIRC he was a two-sport kid. Sox drafted him I think.
That does ring a bell. Glad to see he had a moment in the sun playing for his hometown Pats, with the game-winning TD against a good Oilers team in '91 during the dark times.

Regards
Chris

That does ring a bell. Glad to see he had a moment in the sun playing for his hometown Pats, with the game-winning TD against a good Oilers team in '91 during the dark times.

Regards
Chris
...and those were the darkest of dark times.

From my senior year in HS to my senior year in college they went 19-61. Crappy ownership. Blackouts. Moving. Mac almost died. Just brutal.

Every day since Tom started vs Indy is a friggan blessing.

(This misses Austin Collie as well but he wouldn't change the picture.)
I don’t know if it’s been mentioned in this thread, but most bring up Jabar Gaffney in 2006 as the best example of someone who came in mid-season and produced. Of course, that didn’t happen until a couple of decent playoff games, so at this point Gordon’s production exceeds anything that Gaffney put up in his 11 regular season games.

Austin Collie was a hard worker who put in a ton of hours, but he didn’t really produce for sh!t.

He’s been solid but not an impact player. A few great plays but otherwise just an average starting WR. Looks slower than he did in Cleveland and he’s struggled to separate quickly

A huge upgrade over the garbage that is Patterson and Dorsett but not anything special. Maybe he will pick it up down the stretch. The Pats need him to given Gronk and Edelman’s deterioration and questionable durability
I'll bet you're just a bundle of fun on the holiday party circuit...holy s###...

I feel the same about Gordon after 12 weeks as I did when he came here. I'm keeping my fingers crossed that he'll stay clean.
I’m feeling a bit more confident he will. He seems to be having fun as well as toeing the line and staying clean. If he can have fun while keeping up with the intensity of this locker room environment without falling off the wagon I think he’s got a really good chance to shake the monkey off his back. Hope so, anyway.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots CB Marcellas Dial’s Conference Call with the New England Media
So Far, Patriots Wolf Playing It Smart Through Five Rounds
Wolf, Patriots Target Chemistry After Adding WR Baker
Back