Three Reasons Why Gronkowski May Be Suspended

Status
Not open for further replies.

PatsFans.com Article

Pro Bowl Player
Reaction score

Ian Logue

Rob Gronkwoski's actions on Sunday were certainly out of character, but it's looking more and more like the Patriots may be without his services when New England plays next Monday night down in Miami.

Continue reading...

(If you enjoyed this entry - hit the Thumbs Up/If not, hit the Thumbs down in this thread)

I have a very bad feeling about this.... If Gronk gets suspended, the Miami game may end up being a trap game, where Gronk would have been the difference maker. We lose that game, and along with it, the #1 seed.... Kind of like a chain reaction that will affect our SB aspirations. :eek:

You are now free to call me a 'fearmonger'.... o_O

AJ Green threw punches and got no suspension I think, but Gronk deserves at least a one game suspension. He could have destroyed that guys brain.

I have a very bad feeling about this.... If Gronk gets suspended, the Miami game may end up being a trap game, where Gronk would have been the difference maker. We lose that game, and along with it, the #1 seed.... Kind of like a chain reaction that will affect our SB aspirations. :eek:

You are now free to call me a 'fearmonger'.... o_O
We should have a bad feeling about what "could have happened" with that hit. In a lot of ways Gronk and Pats fans got lucky the guy was not more seriously hurt. (still could be, TBI (Tramatic Brain Injury) is unpredictable. That kind of blow could easily have been deadly. I know a big guy who spent time in jail because he got in a fight, and was just too strong for his own good. If 27 was in a hospital right now, Gronk would not likely be with the team and might be fighting for his freedom.

1. The league is swayed by public sentiment and everybody outside of NE is calling for him to be suspended.

2. I think he gets two games because the league will want the Patriots weakened against the Steelers.

3. He's not a habitual offender like Burfict or Haynesworth so if he gets more than the two games it's another clear case of rules for the rest of the league and rules for the Pats.

4. Although he handled it wrong clearly there's two sets of rules. One for Gronk and one for the rest of the league. As long as you don't tackle Gronk no flag. He does anything to fight back and it's an automatic flag.

4) Peter "Official NFL Shill and Goodell Bootlicker" King is calling for Gronk to be suspended, saying that the NFL has to show it's serious about preventing concussions and a fine is just meaningless noise to Gronk and players in general. I'm sure somone at NFL HQ has already told King that Gronk is being suspended so that he could be part of selling it for them.

Face it, Gronk is is getting at least one game.

Well that should even things up, with Suh out due to the potentially neck breaking face mask tackle.

Wait... he’s not???

The bottom line is that it was a very dirty play that got a player injured. I'm sure there are many who will disagree with this statement, but I think the injury to the player does factor into the decision making process (for punishment).

After all, if the Bills player just popped right back up and argued to the ref I don't even think we'd be having this conversation. However, the league is all about player safety. Guys are getting fines/suspensions for dangerous plays that happen during the actual run of play, I don't see them taking it lightly on a dangerous hit that was clearly a cheap shot AFTER a play (from a temper tantrum).

Was Gronk justified in being frustrated? Absolutely, he just expressed it in the completely wrong way and will/should face consequences from it.

Without a doubt I would be absolutely livid if the same happened to Butler or Gilmore.

Last edited:
As I pointed out in another thread, there was a Flag that was thrown that was not addressed by Steratore. You can see it on the replay that is on NFL.Com.

There is no way Gronk should be suspended. He wasn't even tossed from the game, though he could have been..

Late hits out of bounds typically don't get suspensions, even when they are as premeditated as Gronk's appeared to be given the length of time between the end of the play and Gronk's hit. That could change, though, if a concussion resulted.

Miami is now a pick em game and Pittsburgh will be decidedly favored on the 17th. Now you have to consider keeping him out of the Buffalo game to avoid payback.

Gronk deserves a three to four game suspension. He cost his team a likely # 1 seed and the path to # 6 got much tougher.

Lastly his " apology" may have sunk him further. Instead of just saying sorry to the guy, he called out the refs.

Last edited:
As I pointed out in another thread, there was a Flag that was thrown that was not addressed by Steratore. You can see it on the replay that is on NFL.Com.

There is no way Gronk should be suspended. He wasn't even tossed from the game, though he could have been..

He absolutely deserves a suspension. He could've paralyzed the guy.

Miami is now a pick em game and Pittsburgh will be decidedly favored on the 17th. Now you have to consider keeping him out of the Buffalo game to avoid payback.

Gronk deserves a three to four game suspension. He cost his team a likely # 1 seed and the path to # 6 got much tougher.

Lastly his " apology" may have sunk him further. Instead of just saying sorry to the guy, he called out the refs.

Pick em? What are you talking about?
Pats are -11 1/2 favorites in Miami as of now.

Ian Logue

Rob Gronkwoski's actions on Sunday were certainly out of character, but it's looking more and more like the Patriots may be without his services when New England plays next Monday night down in Miami.

Continue reading...

(If you enjoyed this entry - hit the Thumbs Up/If not, hit the Thumbs down in this thread)

A 1 game suspension will cause him to lose over $5M in incentives? I'd say that that would be punishment enough.

If Suspended the Pats vs Miami line will go down...to 10.5 points......BFD

I hate that Gronk gets held every play.

I hate that Gronk gets calls against him that no other player gets called.

I hate that in all likelihood we wouldn't even be discussing this as a possible suspension if it was another player on a different team.

And I hate that the decision on whether and for how long to suspend him will be made by Roger the douche.

But you watch what Gronk did... after the whistle... with the guy still on the ground... and it is very difficult to say he shouldn't be suspended.

I hate that too. For a lot of reasons, including empathy for the injured player, for Gronk (who I'm sure wishes he could take it back), and for how it overshadowed another solid win for the Pats.

But...

https://imgflip.com/gifgenerator

Goodbye Gronk.

goodell.jpg

The Miami game isn't a must win....If they lose to Miami they must beat Steelers....then the last 2 games become must wins if Pitt wins out.......The tie breaker is the head to head if both end up with same record...Even if Pitt loses to Bungles tonite, they can get #1 seed by winning out.....

All 4 remaining games are big, but the Pitt game looms large :)

Let's hope if Gronk gets suspended it's only one game.....NONE with a fine would be EXCELLENT !!!!

Edit: Gronk suspended one game...He's appealing !! UGH

Last edited:
Definitely a Ndamukong Suh-like act on the part of Rob Gronkowski.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes