PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Three Reasons Why Gronkowski May Be Suspended

Status
Not open for further replies.
As I pointed out in another thread, there was a Flag that was thrown that was not addressed by Steratore. You can see it on the replay that is on NFL.Com.

There is no way Gronk should be suspended. He wasn't even tossed from the game, though he could have been..

right, I noticed that flag too.

It's almost like after Gronk did what he did, they were like.......um, I'll pick up this flag that I originally threw in the Pats favor.

Miami is now a pick em game and Pittsburgh will be decidedly favored on the 17th. Now you have to consider keeping him out of the Buffalo game to avoid payback.

Gronk deserves a three to four game suspension. He cost his team a likely # 1 seed and the path to # 6 got much tougher.

3 to 4 games based on what? Are you suggesting his absence and the effect on the playoff race merits an increase in the suspension?

I think he deserves one game. OBJ, after two 15-yard penalties, popped Josh Norman with the crown of his helmet on a block. 1 game. Kiko Laonso ripped Flacco's helmet off on a slide - blood and concussion. No suspension. This is not Haynesworth (Haynesworth popped a lineman's helmet off while pinned on the ground and then raked his face with his cleat after the helmet came off) and it is not Burfict. Stupid decision, but not fatal.

As for Miami and the Steelers, I have no idea how you figure that to be the case. The Pats have beaten the Steelers without Gronk before, and seem to have a knack for scheming with whomever is available to a moderate degree of success (see 2001 - 2017 Patriots). Your apocalyptic opinion would appear to be undercut by team history. Somehow, the Pats will make due regardless of one player (hurt or just missing). If they can survive no Brady for 4 games, then I think they can deal with no Gronk for 1.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents