PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

This team isnt that bad

Brady is no longer in NE. So McDaniels faults are being exposed. Just like his tenure in Denver & St. Louis.

Other OC's have been able to have success without elite QB's.

McDaniels hasn't proven he can..yet.
He's not the only one.

He would fit right in over at Chiefs Planet. No real knowledge about the team or the game in general and just on the board to (poorly) troll and make stupid comments.
That board has no mods either.

It's like a jungle.

Fans calling one another names because someone doesn't worship Reid. Or daring to suggest Hill is a distraction at times.

He would fit right in over at Chiefs Planet. No real knowledge about the team or the game in general and just on the board to (poorly) troll and make stupid comments.

For whatever reason you get so emotional when I post something...it's like a knee-jerk reaction for you, even if my post is directed at someone else. Your personality is an easy one to figure out...you think you with your heart and not your head.

That board has no mods either.

It's like a jungle.

Fans calling one another names because someone doesn't worship Reid. Or daring to suggest Hill is a distraction at times.
I've seen some crazy football boards but that one probably tops the list. Those people are all nuts. Openly rooting for injuries, insulting anyone and everyone, and twisting in pretzels to defend the questionable character of a lot of Chiefs players and personnel.

Brady is no longer in NE. So McDaniels faults are being exposed. Just like his tenure in Denver & St. Louis.

Being a head coach is a totally different thing than being a top assistant.

I don't see what you're referring to here as "faults being exposed." I think McDaniels is doing a great job with Mac Jones. Certainly better than any other OC is doing with their rookie QB.

As for the Rams and Sam Bradford, no one could have saved that guy's career. He was out of football, so if he was salvageable, someone would have salvaged him. Remember, your DC coach Spagnuolo was on his last year at the Rams when Josh went there.

I've seen some crazy football boards but that one probably tops the list. Those people are all nuts. Openly rooting for injuries, insulting anyone and everyone, and twisting in pretzels to defend the questionable character of a lot of Chiefs players and personnel.
Alot of it is because most of the fans live and breathe Chiefs football. It's all they have in KC & the surrounding area.

It's weird because there's a theory that people in the Midwest to South are nicer than those in the East coast.

ChiefsPlanet proves otherwise.

Being a head coach is a totally different thing than being a top assistant.

I don't see what you're referring to here as "faults being exposed." I think McDaniels is doing a great job with Mac Jones. Certainly better than any other OC is doing with their rookie QB.

As for the Rams and Sam Bradford, no one could have saved that guy's career. He was out of football, so if he was salvageable, someone would have salvaged him. Remember, your DC coach Spagnuolo was on his last year at the Rams when Josh went there.
The issues with McDaniels are his red zone play calls, OL issues, and unable to help Mac get it out on time. All things Brady could do.

Now getting the ball out and making a play to avoid pressure isn't something rookies excel at. So naturally that will be a work in progress.

Bad teams find a way to lose and that is what the patriots have been doing. Just because they aren't getting blown out that doesn't mean they aren't a bad team.

The issues with McDaniels are his red zone play calls, OL issues, and unable to help Mac get it out on time. All things Brady could do.

Now getting the ball out and making a play to avoid pressure isn't something rookies excel at. So naturally that will be a work in progress.
OL issues are clearly about having four starters injured, but what's wrong with his play calls? They seem to be the right calls.

Mac is not getting the ball out on time, that's true. I put that on Mac. He's learning. He is not Marino when it comes to reading Ds as a rookie. No one is.

This set of players esp the new ones arent used to winning here in NE. The longer the losses pile up , the quicker they will start to show disinterest. They needed a win yesterday to keep the spark alive i felt.
I don't see why they should be mentally checking out. If they could stop stepping on their own [#$!^#!$], they'd have a winning record right now.

Alot of it is because most of the fans live and breathe Chiefs football. It's all they have in KC & the surrounding area.

It's weird because there's a theory that people in the Midwest to South are nicer than those in the East coast.

ChiefsPlanet proves otherwise.
Oh no no....You have to go to patriotsplanet and see that mess. This place is wonderful compared to that *********** over there.

You do realize that game breakers could be found in the draft right ? If Belichick didn’t **** up the 2019 draft, we could’ve had Mecole Hardman and DK Metcalf in the 2nd round. Just think how different this offense would’ve been if we had some great speedsters like those guys. Maybe Brady doesn’t throw a hissy fit due to lack of weapons in 2019. Good offensive lineman can be found in the draft as well. I believe Owenwu made the all rookie team last year.

As far as using the weapons better, Very tough to pass when being harassed all the time due to a ****ty Oline. Even with the line issues, Mac is 8th in the NFL in completions and 4th in completion percentage. I’d say he’s doing a fine job.
Are you serious? Do you know how bad Bill is at drafting wideouts?

What do we need next year? We need a #1 receiver. We need LBs. We need a #1 CB.

A lot of money is coming off the books with Hightower and Gilmore contracts, so we'll have money to grab a CB if one's available.

LBs need to be drafted but please please please can one of Uche, Winovich or Perkins step up here?

I have faith in Barmore, Judon, Wise and Guy holding down the fort on the DL for the next year. We can draft for depth there.

We have some depth in the d-backfield with Jackson, Jones, Dugger, Phillips etc. but we need to draft depth, we need to sign a #1 CB.

I have absolutely no faith in Algholor. He doesn't have a big signing bonus. This union is going to be short-lived.

Bourne and Meyers are both more than adequate and better than average as #2 WRs.

We are looking good for the future with some salary cap room & big needs only at WR, CB and LB. Not a bad position to be.

The team will only be as good as Uche, Barmore and Dugger allow us to be. I have faith in the offense, but we need need need people to step up and develop on D. If it doesn't happen with those 3, we are screwed.

Holy sh.t, I actually agree with Triumph.

3. Mac's sideline demeanor isn't a good look. Were you close enough to see the sideline?
I’ve noticed that too. He always looks sad.

Are you serious? Do you know how bad Bill is at drafting wideouts?
We could use more picks on them. Over the last decade we're probably last at drafting WRs. I don't care how bad someone is, they're bound to find some WRs if they actually draft WRs, which we don't. Over his career here, Belichick has a 33% hit rate on drafted WRs, which is about what you'd expect. The problem is that he rarly drafts WRs.

Almost all indicators show the Patriots are an average team or perhaps slightly below average. They’re not bad. They’re also a very long way from being 12-5 and to be 5-1 or even 4-2 would have required almost an impossible level of luck. I’d say they may be slightly unlucky overall because they’re 1-3 in games that came down to the wire. But they were also beaten soundly in yardage by the Bucs (100 yards) and the Cowboys (200 yards.). The Miami game was the one where they played better overall but lost. Of course, Miami is a crappy team too, so a really good team would have wrecked them.

In all, the Patriots have been outplayed pretty thoroughly, all things considered by the Saints and Cowboys, and outplayed marginally by the Bucs. Those are all stellar teams. They’ve thoroughly outplayed the Jets and marginally outplayed the Texans and Dolphins. Those are all bad teams.

Seems very average/slightly below average to me.

Bingo.

We do have evidence he's a total failure without the goat: Denver 2010, St Louis 2011, 2nd half of 2019 with Brady checked out, 2020, now 2021.

Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
Back