PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

This team isnt that bad

No one should give a team credit for games they don't win. That said, what the close games and "moral victories" tell me is that it would not take a miracle for this team to improve enough to get over that hump. The two questions are will they do that this year, and have they dug themselves too big of a hole for it to matter? We should beat the Jets at home. Then they get another chance against a better Chargers team to show they can make those improvements.

In the meantime, Mac makes steady progress and is winning over his teammates each week. This is a four year window with him (if he's the guy), so some heart should be taken with every step forward he makes.

I agree that this team is probably not a tire fire. But with BB here we ought to have a lot higher standards than that.

No one should give a team credit for games they don't win. That said, what the close games and "moral victories" tell me is that it would not take a miracle for this team to improve enough to get over that hump. The two questions are will they do that this year, and have they dug themselves too big of a hole for it to matter? We should beat the Jets at home. Then they get another chance against a better Chargers team to show they can make those improvements.

In the meantime, Mac makes steady progress and is winning over his teammates each week. This is a four year window with him (if he's the guy), so some heart should be taken with every step forward he makes.
I agree, to me the defense is good enough to win most games, its the offensive line thats holding this team back. If the O-line was what it was advertised to be (a top 5) the defense wouldn't be on the field to get worn down like it did yesterday.

Looking at yesterday's stats, as well as the season as a whole, most of the production on offense is coming from free agent's, UDFA's, and guys drafted a while ago. The total failure to hit on players drafted in the top 100 or so picks in the last 4-5 years is "the problem" right now.
Exceptions for Damien Harris and Kyle Dugger.
Too many consecutive bad drafts have eroded the foundation of the talent level. Put that together with the losses of key coaches, Brady, Edelman, Gronk, Thuney, etc. and its not a mystery how we got here.

Lamb was picked in the middle of the draft last year. Diggs was picked in the second round. Both those guys had a major impact last night.

I don't know what that has anything to do with my post. They are good players but it's not like this team doesn't have good players either. As we've shown this team has enough talent to compete with the big boys. Belichick the GM definitely has a lot of high draft pick misses the past several years but I'm more disappointed in Belichick the HC thus far this season.

The 2000 Patriots who finished 5-11 lost 9 of their games by a score or less.

Teams that aren't very good will lose the close ones.

And this team most likely will finish 5-11. Thank god for the Jets.

They gave up over 500 yards of offense. This is not a good team. Bad and aging talent on both sides of the ball. It would have been better to have Jones sit behind someone else and not get influenced.

I don't know what that has anything to do with my post. They are good players but it's not like this team doesn't have good players either. As we've shown this team has enough talent to compete with the big boys. Belichick the GM definitely has a lot of high draft pick misses the past several years but I'm more disappointed in Belichick the HC thus far this season.
Lol I think I quoted the wrong post.

As Duane Parcells said, you are what your record says you are. Right now the Pats are a 2-4 team. That's bad.

When you watch them play they aren't bad. Dolphins (That loss to them really looks bad now), Jags, Lions, and Jets are way worse.

Sometimes the record isn't indicative of how good a team is. For instance, Baltimore is 5-1. Do I think they have a good chance of winning the SB? Nope. Buffalo on the other hand, I fear more. They have a great chance of winning the SB.

Patriots are a 9-8 type team. Will they end up like that? Maybe not. But there are alot of positives.

This is one of the "Best" 2-4 teams I've ever seen.

Out of curiosity, how come as a Chiefs fan you are commenting so much on the state of our team? I just find it odd...

"You are what your record says you are" to me is only really valid by the end of the season. Team get better (or worse), look at 2001. I think we are better than our 2-4 record indicates because the coaching staff has not wanted to place too much pressure on Mac early in the season and we've had some bad luck losing fumbles (this is typically random and about 50/50). I think it shows in both the more conservative play calling on offense, and something more like a bend don't break style on defense designed to avoid big plays. Part of this has to be also a lot of new players on offense taking time to get comfortable, reducing the potential complexity of the playcalling.

I expect this to improve as the season goes on, helped by opposing front 7s that look less scary (Bills being the exception). We're not likely to be better than 9-8. If we cut out the mistakes we might be able to get to 10-7.

It is an irrefutable fact terrible teams lose a lot of games by double digits.

It is an irrefutable fact not very good teams lose a lot of close games.

View attachment 36723
Tell us about the game:

1. Where there that many boys fans there like it sounded on tv?

2. At one point Mac and Josh seemed to be arguing. What was that all about?

3. Mac's sideline demeanor isn't a good look. Were you close enough to see the sideline?

4. What was the feeling of the crowd after running out the clock at the half?

Why is a Nationals and Lakers fan also a Patriots fan? The world may never know.

Must you take a cheap shot at me in every thread? And I don't even like basketball...not sure why you keep bringing that up.

Must you take a cheap shot at me in every thread?
Cry Crying GIF by Rhymesayers

Thanks for derailing this thread...also, I'm pretty sure that guy in your GIF was you after last year when you started the "I'm depressed thread."

Tell us about the game:

1. Where there that many boys fans there like it sounded on tv?
Dude there were a ton of Cowboys fans there. I was in Sec 121 row 28.
2. At one point Mac and Josh seemed to be arguing. What was that all about?
Too far for me to see. 1st i'm hearing about it.
3. Mac's sideline demeanor isn't a good look. Were you close enough to see the sideline?
Nope. News to me.
4. What was the feeling of the crowd after running out the clock at the half?
Pissed off.

The Bolden run even pissed off my 19 year old.

Dude there were a ton of Cowboys fans there. I was in Sec 121 row 28.

Too far for me to see. 1st i'm hearing about it.

Nope. News to me.

Pissed off.

The Bolden run even pissed off my 19 year old.

Josh and Mac weren't arguing. Mac was upset at one point about not getting the play on time or was confused about something that Josh said in the headset. It didn't rise to the level of Brady and BOB against Washington in 2011 or Brady and McD in 2019. Also, I didn't see anything that would indicate Mac had bad sideline demeanor yesterday.

Thanks for derailing this thread...also, I'm pretty sure that guy in your GIF was you after last year when you started the "I'm depressed thread."
Sad Baby GIF by Bounce

MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
Back