PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

This Schedule Conflict Has To Be Flexed Somehow, Right?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Niners Packers might be the two best teams in the NFC lol. Are we sure the Eagles are even good?

They're ineligible to play SNF because they aren't the Cowboys or Eagles.

What's interesting to me is if you look at week 13..the late afternoon window doesn't really have a great matchup but at 1pm, you have SF@BAL. SF@NO is also on for 1pm in week 14, but you have KC@NE at 425 that week, and SEA@LAR for SNF.

All of the SNF matchups from weeks 11-14 are worthy of being on primetime, making the big question of what to do with DAL@NE 425 and GB@SF 425. My guess is they move the DAL@NE to CBS but keep the 425 kickoff. However, I could see them possibly moving DAL@NE to 1pm if FOX gets its way.

What's interesting to me is if you look at week 13..the late afternoon window doesn't really have a great matchup but at 1pm, you have SF@BAL.

Glad you mentioned this. Think Steelers Browns was initially supposed to be the headlining matchup that week.

Bet you they flex Ravens 49ers into that slot. As they should.

Sunday’s at 1 will always be my favorite game time.

Sunday’s at 1 will always be my favorite game time.
SNF is my favorite. Love Thursdays too because we get Patriots early in the week.

This was a no brainer. There was zero chance Fox was moving Cowboys Pats out of afternoon primetime.

Awesome for the national audience, this is a huge game. Sucks for Seattle to now be playing 10am PST.

Week 13 has OAK@KC and SF@BAL FOR 1pm, we’ll see if they flex the ratbirds into the late afternoon time slot.

:) The idea of flexing is to make money by having the best audiences in prime time. The NFL doesn't want to have the patriots at 1.
Agreed on the money, but Belichick has said in the past that he'd rather play at 1:00 every Sunday and be done with the rest. Some advantage to the Pats. Gives the Cowboys less time to get acclimated to a place they seldom visit...and, by now, the Pats certainly don't need the exposure of a late or prime time game and any fans who understand what's going on won't be bothered by it...might be disappointing for the Cowboys though...which would be "a good thing." "just another Sunday" for the Pats. Bigger deal for the other guys.

SEA is so good that their matchup with PHI was nowhere near as important a game as the others.

The afternoon and night games will have huge audiences.

This was a no brainer. There was zero chance Fox was moving Cowboys Pats out of afternoon primetime.

Awesome for the national audience, this is a huge game. Sucks for Seattle to now be playing 10am PST.

Will NE-DAL really be the better game?

Will NE-DAL really be the better game?
Than Seahawks Eagles? I think it’ll be a close game. I think Dallas matches up well with us.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News