PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

This defense

Status
Not open for further replies.
Actually a decent article and I agree with most of the points in it, BSPN be damned.

Great article with excellent breakdowns.

I disagree that BB is calling plays on defense. He is not doing that.

It's been primarily Mayo, with Steve having input on the DB corp.

Wait, so there were bad teams in the past? Get out!

I love this defense and do believe they are one of the best D's under BB, but I also think their real test lies within the next month of games. The level they're playing at is insane which is why they will be brought back closer to earth, while I believe the offense with the addition of Sanu will start to elevate it's game at the same time making this team that much more dangerous in December.

Great article with excellent breakdowns.

I disagree that BB is calling plays on defense. He is not doing that.

It's been primarily Mayo, with Steve having input on the DB corp.

If all Steve has is input on the D Backs then he isn't doing much in the play calling department. It's all man all the time. Now in the coaching department he must be the corner whisperer.

If all Steve has is input on the D Backs then he isn't doing much in the play calling department. It's all man all the time. Now in the coaching department he must be the corner whisperer.

There are different play calls for all 3 levels of the defense even though they, to some degree, have to coordinate with the other levels.

I get a kick out of posters saying that BB is calling the plays on D. If he were doing that, he would be covering his lips. Look at Mayo and Steve- they're covering their lips all the time.

There are different play calls for all 3 levels of the defense even though they, to some degree, have to coordinate with the other levels.

I get a kick out of posters saying that BB is calling the plays on D. If he were doing that, he would be covering his lips. Look at Mayo and Steve- they're covering their lips all the time.
During yesterday's game, Romo and Nance were debating this very thing.

There is no way in hell this D can maintain this pace.

Better offenses are on the horizon.

On average the NEP are holding teams a full 7 points below their season average. So for the sake of projecting...

Ratbirds- 30.6....24
Iggles- 25.3....18
Cowgirls- 27.1...20
Texans- 26.5...20
Queefs- 28.3...21

Compared to what we've been seeing these are shocking numbers but if we believe in averages, coming out of this stretch the NEP will be allowing 12.8ppg.

Last edited:
During yesterday's game, Romo and Nance were debating this very thing.

Of course they were going on and on about how Bill doesn't even need a play-sheet then they show Steve with a play-sheet lol.

There is no way in hell this D can maintain this pace.

Better offenses are on the horizon.

On average the NEP are holding teams a full 7 points below their season average. So for the sake of projecting...

Ratbirds- 30.6....24
Iggles- 25.3....18
Cowgirls- 27.1...20
Texans- 26.5...20
Queefs- 28.3...21

Compared to what we've ben seeing these are shocking numbers but if we believe in averages, coming out of this stretch the NEP will be allowing 12.8ppg.

Offense needs to do it's part on sustaining drives and controlling field position and protecting the ball. I agree they'll improve especially with Sanu plus a bye week coming up.

Can we start grooming Steve Belichick to take over HC responsibilities in 2024, thank you Jonathan Kraft.

@Ring 6

You keep disagreeing with me over this. Care to explain?

@Ring 6

You keep disagreeing with me over this. Care to explain?
I disagree with what you posted. But rather than argue I marked disagree.

I disagree with what you posted. But rather than argue I marked disagree.

That's fine.. you think BB is calling the plays on defense?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
Back