PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

This defense

Status
Not open for further replies.
That's fine.. you think BB is calling the plays on defense?
I have absolutely no doubt Belichick is running the defense. Like I said I’m not going to argue about it though.

I have absolutely no doubt Belichick is running the defense. Like I said I’m not going to argue about it though.

The posts you disliked were about whether or not Bb was calling the plays, not who is “running the defense”.

So yes or no, is Bb “calling the plays” or not ?

Remember, you are ‘absolutely sure’.

Or is “running” the weasely thing you write when realize you take a stupid position, don’t want to be proved wrong, and can’t climb down.

The posts you disliked were about whether or not Bb was calling the plays, not who is “running the defense”.

So yes or no, is Bb “calling the plays” or not ?

Remember, you are ‘absolutely sure’.

Or is “running” the weasely thing you write when realize you take a stupid position, don’t want to be proved wrong, and can’t climb down.
Thanks for illustrating with your attitude exactly why I don’t want to argue about it.
You can feel free to believe whatever you want.

LOL ! Of course you didn’t answer the question.

Thanks for playing !

Ya Ya, I know PFF. But they got the Pats as the only team in the top 5 in man coverage and zone coverage and they're #1 in both when no other team is in the top 5 of both.

EIFHcXBWwAAYTj2

EHwC8LMX4AAilhR

Of course they were going on and on about how Bill doesn't even need a play-sheet then they show Steve with a play-sheet lol.
for some reason, I hate HC’s with play sheets, thats what the OC/DC’s are for!

Can anyone identify the movie villain with #52 on, 1st row far left? I was showing this to my son and I can’t for the life of me figure out who that is.
The Wolfman?

It will be interesting to see what it looks like versus Mahomes

There are different play calls for all 3 levels of the defense even though they, to some degree, have to coordinate with the other levels.

I get a kick out of posters saying that BB is calling the plays on D. If he were doing that, he would be covering his lips. Look at Mayo and Steve- they're covering their lips all the time.
3 possibilities - could be more
  1. BB gives the orders before the cameras roll on him and the others communicate it
  2. BB has practiced ventriloquism - taught be Ernie Adams
  3. Could be using a technology (like fighter pilots, handicap people) that transfers eye movements into language
:D
Queue Twilight Zone theme sounds

That's fine.. you think BB is calling the plays on defense?
I don’t. I’m with the posters who speculated it’s a Mayo-Baby Belichick combo. IMO, BB has been more hands on in terms of « what’s to be called & when » but that in game day he isn’t calling every play. I do speculate that he might step in more frequently on D if he disagrees with a call, as McD doesn’t require any babysitting at this point.
I saw more S Belichick « mouth hiding » than Mayo last week. It is entirely possible it’s Steve and BB is just shielding a very young coach (as he’s done in the past).

Not to look ahead too far, but a McD + Mayo/SB tandem doesn’t sound far fetched to me.

I like HT as the Predator.

Regards,
Chris
There might be a time we look back and view the HT pick as one of NE’s top ever picks. For several years, some bemoaned his inability to cover, his injuries... but his penchant for the big play, his knowledge of the system, and his leadership have been key for the « second mini dynasty ».

There might be a time we look back and view the HT pick as one of NE’s top ever picks. For several years, some bemoaned his inability to cover, his injuries... but his penchant for the big play, his knowledge of the system, and his leadership have been key for the « second mini dynasty ».

I would say this is a second dynasty not mini hell better dynasty than the last better overall record/more afccg appearances and more Super Bowl appearances including 3 straight more than likely 4.

I would say this is a second dynasty not mini hell better dynasty than the last better overall record/more afccg appearances and more Super Bowl appearances including 3 straight more than likely 4.
I only meant « in contrast to those who want to lump in 2001-present as one big dynasty ». I agree with you.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots CB Marcellas Dial’s Conference Call with the New England Media
So Far, Patriots Wolf Playing It Smart Through Five Rounds
Wolf, Patriots Target Chemistry After Adding WR Baker
Back