PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

This board needs to heal

Status
Not open for further replies.

ahmed

In the Starting Line-Up
Reaction score
I don't post here a lot and I almost never read long posts so I avoid making them. But I thought I would give this a chance.

I started watching football around 2001 by watching the SB only and so my first 3 games were 2001-2003 SBs.

Sometime in 2004 I decided I liked football and started watching every week and picked Pats because a friend back then was a fan and they were the ones I was familiar with in the SBs. I guess the winning part did not hurt. Since then I can count on one hand the number of games I missed (all were fairly early due to not being on TV where I am). Sunday ticket and now DAZN fixed that.

I became such a fan that I set up my weekend schedules around Pats games, when I went on vacation, I always made sure I could watch their games. I bought and wear the laundry and went to several games at Bills. How happy or miserable I was on Monday-Tuesday was directly correlated to the game result. Thankfully I am not like that last part anymore.

I found this board sometime in 2005 and joined in 2008. I don't post much but for the last 16 years or so I visited almost daily during the season and fairly often in the offseason. This place was my connection to everything Patriots because we had no real coverage other than the national stuff. This was my way to be informed as well as discuss with like minded fans all things Pats.

One thing that was very unique to this place, compared to other team boards, was how nice and respectful everyone was. No personal insults or curses...with a few exceptions.

This all changed once Brady got traded and this place has become a toxic place. I barely visit or post anymore. But I still visit since I love this place.

We need to get over the Brady saga as what is done is done. Let's stop with the insults and petty labels of team Bill and team Brady.

I was not happy Brady left and I blamed Bill for it. He miscalculated how long Brady would be good for which was made much worse with no real succession plan. Sucking till you land a QB with a high pick does not count as a succession plan.

However, what is done is done. The show must go on. We can't remain pissed about it and be so divided over it. Bill is our coach and we take the good (a lot) with the bad (very little).

Let's also stop telling people that rooting for Brady means you are not a Pats fan. I have watched every Bucs game since (when scheduled at same time, I watch Brady when on field and flip to Pats when not). I rooted for Brady over Pats last night. Does this make me not a Pats fan? You may think so but no reason to bash me over the head with it. We all support our team differently. I still support Pats and want the best.

Once Brady leaves I will stop watching the bucks and continue watching and supporting Pats just like I still do.

The other part is how there is a clear agenda to stop anything that criticizes Bill. Mods are supposed to moderate the conversation to keep it civil; they are not supposed to be protectors of the team. This is almost as distasteful as the pettiness. Mods should also keep their personal feelings out of doing their jobs objectively.

So in short, stop acting like immature children, move on, understand that we can all have different opinions and criticizing the team is ok. It is part of being a fan.

Rant is over. If you made it to this far, consider finding a hobby

I don't think there's a mod agenda to protect Bill from posts. There's just a lot of idiots who refuse to accept any criticism of him.

So basically this is an anti moderator post....got it and thank you for sharing your thoughts. I will say I am very passionate and love this team and will never apologize for that. Bill is our coach and the GOAT, but he is open for criticism when deserved....(last game against Saints)
I try to treat everyone with respect and always answer my pm's so if there is ever an issue, please pm me. My friend @Ross12 is an incredible moderator and is very fair and also will criticize Bill when warranted. It's the constant bashing and negativity that makes this job very difficult at times....but then seeing how many great people I have met, it's all worth it.......Thanks.

Ash

Mods are doing a great job.

There should not be a Tom vs Bill debate. Everything MAKES SENSE when we realize we have both the goat head coach and had the goat QB, and that the current oc was and is a fraud but thankfully this was covered by great talent acquisition periods without said-oc from 2001-2004 and 2009-2012, with a title drought from 2005-2014 and a terrible John-Carroll talent acquisition period leaving an empty talent cupboard from 2013-2019.

Right now this offense is looking a lot like the 2011 St Louis Rams offense, 2010 Denver Broncos offense, and the 2019 and 2020 Pats offenses with a checked-out Brady and then no-Brady. Team needs a better oc who is exposed without the goat. Pats just put up a bad running stat not seen in 50 years except for the worst Detroit Lions teams.

On the defensive side I am absolutely ready for the Mad Dog Steve Belichick era on defense. I love this so much. I think Steve Belichick is the real deal.

Let's also stop telling people that rooting for Brady means you are not a Pats fan. I have watched every Bucs game since (when scheduled at same time, I watch Brady when on field and flip to Pats when not). I rooted for Brady over Pats last night. Does this make me not a Pats fan? You may think so but no reason to bash me over the head with it. We all support our team differently. I still support Pats and want the best.

Rant is over. If you made it to this far, consider finding a hobby
I'm sorry to inform you that this is a Patriots fan site, hence the name (patsfans.com). You're stating here that you prioritize watching Brady on Tampa over watching New England if both teams are playing simultaneously, and that you hoped the Pats lost last night. That's fine if that's your opinion, but it pretty definitively doesn't make you a Patriots fan, in my opinion. Again - that's fine, we've got fans from other teams here (hell there's even a Jets fan who seems to have a serious masochism complex) - but it doesn't make a lot of sense to me to post about how you like another team more than the Pats and hope the Pats lose, but also want to preach to others about how they should conduct themselves as Patriots fans.

Then at the end you tell others that they're basically losers for reading your thread... so... that's cool. Thanks for coming, but since you apparently don't want people to actually read your post, I guess I'll lock this...? A bit perplexed tbh, lol.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing
Matthew Slater Set For New Role With Patriots
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/10: News and Notes
Patriots Draft Rumors: Teams Facing ‘Historic’ Price For Club to Trade Down