PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

They never learn - How Bout Those Bills

Status
Not open for further replies.
Even your fellow Bill's fan agrees with me.

#trollbetter

Lets take a look.

Chandler: 3 receptions, 30 yards, and 0.4 TD's per game.
Meoki: 3 receptions, 37 yards and 0.2 TD's per game.

Yeah, much better....

Next....

LOL.

Come on, be reasonable. "Kirk Morrison" and "beast" are two words that should never be used in the same sentence.

The guy just isn't very good.

He's been top 6 in the NFL in tackles 3 times. You're right. He's just awful.

1.) I know about the Bills injury list. Bills fans cried about it time and again.

2.) As I've already shown, the Chiefs weren't at full strength.

Since you feel the need to troll, though, and can't be bothered with actual facts, you can go troll someone else. Buh-bye.

You're right. They werent at full strength. They were missing their all-star super duper 2nd year TE who averages 3 catches and 0.2 TDs per game.

With HIM, they wouldn't have been blown out by 30+ points.

bahaha. stupidity.

LOL.

Come on, be reasonable. "Kirk Morrison" and "beast" are two words that should never be used in the same sentence.

The guy just isn't very good.

2005- 116 tackles

2006- 127 tackles

2007- 120 tackles

2008- 135 tackles

2009- 133 tackles

Switch to Jacksonville

2010- 89 tackles

Switch to Buffalo

2011- 7 tackles

So you're really going to tell me that Morrison was never any good, and you're going to tell me that the lockout had NO EFFECT on his performance last year.

OK man, whatever you say.

You must not follow football very closely

He's been top 6 in the NFL in tackles 3 times. You're right. He's just awful.

Lets take a look.

Chandler: 3 receptions, 30 yards, and 0.4 TD's per game.
Meoki: 3 receptions, 37 yards and 0.2 TD's per game.

Yeah, much better....

Next....

Between these two posts, I am left to conclude that you are either being intentionally obtuse or do not know what the hell you're talking about. With that, I'll bid you good day.

2005- 116 tackles

2006- 127 tackles

2007- 120 tackles

2008- 135 tackles

2009- 133 tackles

Switch to Jacksonville

2010- 89 tackles

Switch to Buffalo

2011- 7 tackles

So you're really going to tell me that Morrison was never any good, and you're going to tell me that the lockout had NO EFFECT on his performance last year.

OK man, whatever you say.

You must not follow football very closely

Morrison is known for being weak against the run, so pointing to his tackle numbers really isn't going to be helpful to your argument. It's be like someone saying "But Asante only had 5 fewer tackles than Asomugha!".

And the whole "7 tackles" thing should probably have kept you from going there to start. Come on, now. :cool:

Last edited:
Morrison is known for being weak against the run, so pointing to his tackle numbers really isn't going to be helpful to your argument. It's be like someone saying "But Asante only had 5 fewer tackles than Asomugha!".

Numbers really don't help many arguments, but the point I was trying to make is that Morrison is not a "bum" as your fellow Pats fan described him

Numbers really don't help many arguments, but the point I was trying to make is that Morrison is not a "bum" as your fellow Pats fan described him

7 tackles last season. Merriman, who's basically been done since 2007, managed to equal that in 5 games.

:bricks:
Between these two posts, I am left to conclude that you are either being intentionally obtuse or do not know what the hell you're talking about. With that, I'll bid you good day.

Translation: "****, I didn't realize the stats made me look like such a moron. Deflect, deflect, deflect!!!"

7 tackles last season. Merriman, who's basically been done since 2007, managed to equal that in 5 games.

Merriman also played in those five games. Morrison rarely saw the field because he didn't know the defense

Merriman also played in those five games. Morrison rarely saw the field because he didn't know the defense

His ignorance is shining through bright and clear. "Morrison only had 7 tackles!" ... Well yeah, he only played about 30 snaps the entire year...

Morrison was there for 14 games, as I recall. Given the Patriots travails with one Chad Johnson, you're barking up the wrong tree if you looking for "playbook" as an excuse.

Morrison was there for 14 games, as I recall. Given the Patriots travails with one Chad Johnson, you're barking up the wrong tree if you looking for "playbook" as an excuse.

Morrison played about a total of 30 snaps the entire year.

You aren't too smart, are ya?

Might I remind you that the Patriots set an NFL record for yards allowed in a season?

Yards! Awesome. :rofl: Remember when the Giants beat the Patriots in the Super Bowl 396-349? That was disappointing for all Pats fans.

Wait, what? It was 21-17? When did points become the deciding factor in how games are decided? Yards, awesome.

The Patriots did not set an NFL record for yards allowed last season. The Packers did. ESPN never talked about this though, as it did not fit the "Patriots D is the worst ever!" narrative. Have fun watching ESPN!

The idea that someone would choose yards allowed over points allowed is mind boggling. The Packers and Patriots allowed so many yards in large part because they were blowing teams out...you know, winning by a lot. No? Oh, right, Bills fan. Not familiar with that concept. It's something that the Bills used to do a lot, twenty years ago.

Have fun with Mark Anderson, I'm certain that the first productive season he had rushing the passer in six years was not a fluke at all, and he won't be the least bit overpaid. Dave Wannstedt's mustache is going to get a lot of run out of him, certainly.

In fairness, the Bills are on paper the 2nd best team in the division, and I really like a lot of the moves they made (Al Davis-ing Mark Anderson withstanding). However, you're barking up the wrong tree here. This division belongs to New England, has for a decade, and the Bills are going to get worked twice this year by the Pats.

Morrison played about a total of 30 snaps the entire year.

You aren't too smart, are ya?

So how does it fit your argument that Kirk Morrison is good? He is a below average linebacker, average at best. This is why two bad defenses got rid of him and why he couldn't get on the field for another bad defense. "He couldn't figure out the plays" is not a very good indicator of his goodness.

Also, knock if off with the random and childish insults. You are coming to our board to discuss football, not start spats (it should be expected at least), and Deus hasn't insulted you, no need to insult someone's intelligence. Stick to football.

In regards to the 2011 Bills and the injuries they had, I don't think there is any denying that those injuries hurt the team's performance; however it seems like a couple things are being overlooked.

First of all every NFL team has injuries; there seems to be an implication that they were the one and only team whose performance suffered due to injuries. For example on the Pats Leigh Bodden and Ras-I Dowling were expected to be on the field for a majority of the defense's snaps at corner; they combined to miss 31 games. Starting RT Sebastian Vollmer missed twelve games. DE Mike Wright only played in one game. The starting safeties Patrick Chung and Josh Barrett missed a combined 22 games. At one point the Pats were down to starting their 4th string center. BenJarvus Green-Ellis played every game, but was less than 100% for nearly the entire season with turf toe. Starting ILBs Jerod Mayo and Brandon Spikes missed ten games and backup Dane Fletcher missed six.

I could go on but the point is that every team has injuries, not just the Bills. The difference was that in comparison the Patriots had better quality depth than the Bills did; that is why the Pats were able to overcome those injuries and go deep in the playoffs while the Bills missed the post-season.

There are two sides to looking at how injuries affect a team's dropoff in performance. On one hand you can easily say that a team would have been better without specific injuries. But to say that they will therefore automatically be better the following year because those players are now healthy seems to be a bit short-sighted. Why the presumption that there will be no injuries this year? Injuries are inevitable in the NFL; they are going to cause problems with each and every team.

The flip side of the coin in the injury rationale is that it could also be construed as evidence that the team is (or at least was) severely lacking in depth. The Bills didn't have the depth needed to overcome injuries in 2011. Do they have that necessary depth now? I don't know the answer to that question; time will tell.

One other thing: the 'Team A beat Team B, therefore Team A is better than Team B' logic is a bit flawed. Were the Rams better than the Saints because they beat them by ten points last year? Were the Chiefs better than the Packers in 2011 because KC beat GB? No, of course not. I wouldn't place much emphasis on Game One of the 2011 season in determining whether the Bills will be better or worse than the Chiefs in 2012.

So how does it fit your argument that Kirk Morrison is good? He is a below average linebacker, average at best. This is why two bad defenses got rid of him and why he couldn't get on the field for another bad defense. "He couldn't figure out the plays" is not a very good indicator of his goodness.

Also, knock if off with the random and childish insults. You are coming to our board to discuss football, not start spats (it should be expected at least), and Deus hasn't insulted you, no need to insult someone's intelligence. Stick to football.

He's still responding to me? How cute. I can't return the favor though. When he demonstrated a desire to do nothing but troll, I put an end to it.

Remove user from ignore list
literatestylish
This message is hidden because literatestylish is on your ignore list.

Morrison does not suck. He was a beast in Oakland and then he came here last year and never played because he didn't know the defense because of the shortened offseason.

Much like Ochostinko with you guys.

Now point to a single poster here saying that Ochocinco is going to be a beast for the Pats this year. Nobody is doing that- we're pretty much universally counting on him for nothing, and hoping to be pleasantly surprised.

When you assume that a guy on the wrong side of 30 who had all of 7 tackles last season is likely going to tear it up for you, then you will and should be called on that.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Layden Robinson Conference Call
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
MORSE: Did Rookie De-Facto GM Eliot Wolf Drop the Ball? – Players I Like On Day 3
MORSE: Patriots Day 2 Draft Opinions
Patriots Wallace “Extremely Confident” He Can Be Team’s Left Tackle
It’s Already Maye Day For The Patriots
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots OL Caedan Wallace Press Conference
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Day Two Draft Press Conference
Patriots Take Offensive Lineman Wallace with #68 Overall Pick
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Receiver Ja’Lynn Polk’s Conference Call
Back